Status: Active; updates coming steadily.

Daniel with an L

2. Confrontations

The next day after school…

I stand at my locker, just as the last person is leaving the building, and grab my things, shoving them neatly into my backpack. I fix my hair real quick in the locker mirror before shutting the door and gasping when I see Johnny leaning up against the locker next to me. He stares at me with those blue eyes, full of passion, and my legs suddenly feel like Jell-O.

I look around him, looking for his friends. He’s alone. My eyes slide back to him, warily. “What?”

“You made me look like an idiot in front of my friends yesterday, Larusso.” --how he knows my last name is beyond me-- “You’re crazy if you think you’re getting away with that.”

“What are you gonna do?” I ask, pushing it further than I can afford.

He stands there and stares at me, blankly.

“Man, I don’t have time for this shit,” I say, slinging my backpack over my shoulder as I turn around and head for the front doors of the school.

The fresh air smacks me in the face when I get out of that hellhole of a high school and start making my way across the field in the back. I get halfway across.

By the time I hear the footsteps, getting louder and louder behind me, it’s too late to turn around and I’m being jumped on and knocked down to the grass.

My backpack is tossed across the field and I’m flipped over onto my back, looking up at Johnny’s same dark blue eyes, sparkling with rage. “What the Hell, Johnny?”

He pins my body down underneath him. “Shut your mouth, bitch. Keep my name out of your mouth.”

I wiggle, trying unsuccessfully to get loose.

“Stop moving, prick. You made me look like an idiot in front of my friends, in front of Ali. You are the enemy, and the enemy deserves no mercy.” He sounds like a robot on the last line.

I scowl. “What are you talking about?”

“What, you think this belt on my head is for show?”

I look up at his forehead, seeing, underneath his hair, he wears a black belt as a headband. I note that nobody else in the whole school could pull that off.

“I’m a black belt at the Cobra Kai dojo. Strike first,” He draws back his fist. “Strike hard,” He swings, coming in contact with my face, and I swear I can see stars. “No mercy.”

He takes a few more swings at my face, all leaving bruises, I’m sure. By the time he’s finished with me, my lip is bleeding and my nose hurts like Hell. I groan, lucky to even be conscious.

He spits on my forehead. “Little bitch. Stay the Hell away from Ali. She’s mine.”

I groan again as he stands up and kicks me in the stomach. “Shit,” I gasp, not able to catch my breath. I can’t work my lungs anymore, choking on the nothingness burning in my chest. I clutch my throat and curl up.

As my vision’s getting blurry, I can hear Johnny say, “Fuck, my fingerprints are all over this if you die.”

I’m so concerned with living that I don’t have anything bad to think about Johnny pushing our lips together, blowing down my throat. The sensation of his lips against mine is more intense than the stinging in my chest. Soft and demanding. Like a kiss.

I can feel my lungs filling with air, slowly, like a balloon, but that’s enough to keep me alive. Soon, they’re full. I cough, making him pull away, and gasp in again. I try to catch my breath.

His breath is still hot on my face as I struggle to focus my vision on his eyes. His dark blue eyes.

He stares into my eyes, taking a few glances down at my lips. I stare back, finally catching my breath, but now my heart is pounding like a drum inside of my chest. All I can think is, do it again. Do it again.

The silence is getting to be too much for me to handle. I’m about to scream, just to break it, to hear something.

I’m a little freaked out by the way he’s just staring at me. But, underneath that fear, there’s lust. And I can’t blame myself for being attracted to him. He’s seriously hot. I can’t even imagine how terrible I must look right now, and I’m suddenly extremely self-conscious.

He stares at my lips, licking his own. He whispers, “Stay away from Ali,” before he gets up and just walks away.

I struggle to sit up, taking note of the Cobra Kai logo on the back of his jacket.

Ali, I think. Who’s Ali?
♠ ♠ ♠
No, Daniel doesn't have amnesia. Haha. Just to clear that up. I hope I don't have to explain that any further. XD
I hope you love reading this as much as I love writing it!
I'll be updating my Baby Look at us Now story soon. I said I was gonna do it tonight but I didn't have time. I barely had time to do this, so be thankful. Haha.
Anyway, reviews are encouraged and greatly appreciated!!!