I'm A Match That's Burning Out

Thirty Five

It's been about a month since my birthday and the drunk night out. Everything's going pretty great, I'd say. Except something weird is going on between Tori and Alex. They've been acting odd around each other since last month. I wanna ask about it. I think I will after tonight's concert.

Oh, and did I mention that Rian still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend? What the fuck. I ended up freaking out to Vinnie about it and I'm pretty sure he told his brother because Rian's acting weird now. Well, I thought everything was going good. Guess I was wrong. Everything's weird.

The concert went by pretty fast; same old screaming fans and the guy's playing their hearts out. I didn't know whether to talk to Alex or Tori about what's going on between them or stay with Rian. In the end, I didn't have to do anything. Rian came to me.

“Hey, Bri.” He said, matching my steps as we walked to the tour bus.

“Hi.” I smiled as he grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers.

“I have a question.”

“I might have an answer.”

“Well, do you think dates are...corny?” I blinked.

“No. They're romantic and sweet.” I paused. “Unless you mean dollar menu food or something...then it's just...no.”

“Are you going shopping tomorrow?” He asked randomly.

“Not that I'm aware of.”

“So you're not doing anything?”

“No...”

“Great, so we can go on a date?” He asked quickly. I grinned.

“Yeah, that'd be nice.”

“Okay.” He nodded, smiling. “I'll pick you up tomorrow night at 7.” He winked. “Dress perdy.” I giggled, nodding as I looked ahead.

“Alex!” I called, making him stop walking to turn to me. “I need to talk to him. I'll see you later.” I pecked Rian's cheek and jogged to Alex's side. “Hey.”

“Sup?” He stuffed his hands in his pockets. Ah-ha, see, there is something bothering him.

“What's going on?” I asked, pulling him away to the side.

“What do you mean?”

“You and Tori.” He hesitated. “What happened?”

“Nothing.” He looked away. “Nothing happened and nothing will.” My eyebrow went up in confusion.

“Uh,” I cleared my throat, “care to elaborate?”

“Not really.”

“Alex...” I frowned, “You can talk to me.” He stayed silent. “I talked to you. I trusted you. Why can't you trust me?” He stared at me for a moment, sighing as he walked toward a nearby bench, beckoning me to follow, which I did. “What's goin' on, Alejandro?”

“Tori.” He hissed. “She...I just...I don't know how I feel about her.”

“Oh.” I blinked, surprised.

“I think I have feelings for her...but her and Matt...”

“Alex, her and Matt aren't dating. Not yet. And are you sure you feel that way?”

“Positive. She's like...everything I've always looked for.” He looked to the sky.

“I don't know what to say. You have to talk to her.”

“I can't. I don't take rejection well.”

“But...you don't know what she'll say...”

“Yes, I do.” He snapped. “And so do you. She'll shoot me down.” I bit my lip. Was I supposed to lie to him? I couldn't do that, even if I tried. I loved Alex.

“Alex..” I sighed. “Just..talk to her. That's all you can do.”

X – X – X

“Tori, I'm freaking out!”

“Huh?” She snapped out of her trance. It was the next day and I think Alex actually did take my advice and talk to her because she's been out of it for a while. I'm not sure.

“I have a date.” I said slowly. “You know...with Rian? The guy I'm sort of falling in love with? Kind of a big deal.”

“Oh yeah.” She nodded. “Still need an outfit?”

“Yeah.” I watched her move to my suitcase on the ground. “Okay, what happened?”

“What are you talking about?” She didn't look at me, but I could see her scarlet red face from here.

“Did Alex talk to you?” Silence. “Tori?”

“Yeah, he did.”

“Oh?” I sat on the floor beside her. “What did he say?”

“I have a feeling you know what he said.” She mumbled, pushing through my clothes absentmindedly.

“I have no idea what he said, honestly.” It wasn't a complete lie. I mean, I don't know word for word, do I?

“He likes me.” She said quietly. “And...I don't know what to do.”

“You don't like him?”

“I don't know. I really like Matt, how can I like Alex, too?”

“It's possible.” I stated. She glanced at me. “What?”

“It's a little slutty, though.”

“Being confused? The heart is hard to understand when your mind is screaming the opposite at you.”

“Good point.” She paused. “Now back to your outfit...”

“Yeah. For my date.” I laughed awkwardly. “With Rian.” She smirked.

“Nervous?”

“Terrified.”
♠ ♠ ♠
whoo~

dont feel like typing anymore. and tori's been doing the nag nag nag for me to update.

so tada~ :D

XD