I'm A Match That's Burning Out

Thirty Seven.

You know. I'm kind of scared shitless right now.

I mean, yeah, I've been on dates before but...

This is Rian we're talking about. Not just some guy I had a thing for. Rian. My second best guy friend (right after Vinnie, duh) and the guy I'm like...in love with.

And I'm really awkward and shit on dates and I know I'm gonna fuck something up. Maybe I'll spill something on him. Or trip him. Or...I dunno. I just know I'm horrible at dates. Always have been.

The last date I was on was with a guy named Nick. Cutest guy ever. I got embarrassed about I don't remember what and ended up knocking over the bottle of whine right on him. Which made me even more embarrassed and I knocked the table over.

But in my defense, he wasn't mad about it, he actually laughed. But still, it shows how bad I suck at life.

Good lord, I hope nothing goes wrong on this god damn date.

X - X - X

After perfecting every single thing about my appearence, I stepped out of the bathroom. Tori and Sam looked up, grinning brightly.

"Ohhhh, you look gorgeous!" Tori sang.

"Dayummm girlll." Sam smirked. "Yous a sexy bitch."

"Shut up." I blushed. "What time is it?"

"6:59." Tori answered. "Right on time."

"Oh god." I fumbled with my hands. "I'm nervous. I don't think I should do this."

"Are you crazy?" Sam asked.

"A little."

"You love him." Tori said. "You know what happens after first dates?" She looked to Sam.

"SEXXXXX!" The yelled.

"Shut up!"

"YOU GON' GET SCREWWEDD. YOU GON' GET FUUCKKEDD!" They screamed, chasing me around the bus as I wobbled away from the in my heels.

"Leave me alone!"

Knock, knock, knock.

I froze immediately. He was here. Rian was outside. Oh my fucking god.

"Go get 'cho man, gurllll!" Tori pushed me to the door.

"Wait, wait, I'm not ready!"

"Yes you are!" Sam shoved me, opening the door. "See ya!" I was thrown out, right into Rian's body. He stumbled, catching me.

"Excited?" He smiled, looking me over. "Oh. You look amazing." He breathed. I bit my lip.

"Thank you." I whispered. He was wearing a tux, but not one of those tucked in penguin ones. And it looked like he just shaved. He looked adorable.Can I just fuck him now please.

"After you, m'lady." He turned, leading me to his car. I climbed in, silently trying to calm myself.

So far, so good.

X - X - X

We drove in silence for a few minutes before he reached across and took my hand in his, not taking his eyes from the road. But I saw his cheeks flush pink when I looked at him and smiled. I turned the radio on, flipping through stations before landing on one and nearly squealing with surprise. I hadn't heard this song in months. I only caught the ending, but I didn't care.

"Won't you think I'm pretty
When I'm standing top the bright lit city?
And I'll take your hand and pick you up
And keep you there so you can see it
So long as you're alive and care
I promise I will take you there
So long as you're alive and care
I promise I will take you there

So here I am it's in my hands
And I'll savor every moment of this
So here I am alive at last
And I'll savor every moment of this
Savor every moment of this
Savor every moment of this..."


"We're here." He announced, cutting the engine and taking his keys. He looked at me, eyes sparkling. I looked down, blushing. "Nervous?"

"Kinda."

"Don't worry." He said. "I am, too." I looked up, smiling. He got out first and ran across the front of the car, opening my side. I giggled as he helped me out. I looked around.

"Oh." We were at the bottom of a hill. On top of the hill, I could see a tree and some things I couldn't make out. The sky was full of stars and the moon was bright. It was beautiful from here.

"Come on." He took my hand, lacing our fingers as we walked up the hill. I swear, when we got to the top, I almost cried. There was a blanket on the ground, a picnik basket perched on top of it.

"A picnik?" I said, shocked.

"Yeah." He grinned sheepishly. "You said corny was romantic."

"It is." I leaned in, kissing him softly. "Thank you. It's beautiful."

"You're beautiful." He replied.

"You're corny." I laughed.

"But you like corny."

"No." I beamed up at him, sitting down as he opened the basket. "I love corny."
♠ ♠ ♠
w00t.

Outfit ;D