Untimely

1/1

People don’t do this, it isn’t normal.
Mom always says, “Sweetie, it’s just not normal for boys and girls to spend the night together” even if it is simply to sleep on your gay best friends couch.
But it’s okay mommy, I’m not spending the night at a boy’s house, I’m spending the night at Georgia’s house. Nothing’s wrong with that, she’s my best friend and you love her to death. But this is definitely not normal, and mommy you wouldn’t approve. If I even asked such a question you’d probably scrunch your face in disgust and ask me, “Why are you even thinking such things, Kathleen?” I’m not going to ask you though, because you might suspect something.
This isn’t normal.
And I’m totally okay with it.
I roll over to face the man I use to know as somebody else. He smiles at me, his forehead still glistens with sweat. I grin, kissing his arm.
Mommy, I’m not sleeping in Georgia’s room.
Mommy, Georgia isn’t home.
He’s on top of me now mommy, his lips trailing down my neck again.
I giggle, because this isn’t normal. And his lips meet mine again.
“Holy fuck,” we hear, and it takes a moment for him to look over his shoulder at the voice. “I’m so sorry, Dad…” His body tenses, and I shrink beneath him. It’s quiet. “Kathleen?!”
“Hey… Georgia,” I pop my head out and wave, pulling the sheets over me and trying my best to keep a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my attempt at "light - hearted"
I totally suck at it.
hah : D

-Third Place-
[: