Status: Active

Kiss and Tell

O2

I stared at the scene un-folding before me; the cast practicing like everything was normal and the backstage and scene crew setting up their crap. I leaned against the wall, out of harms way wondering to myself how the fuck I woke up so mother fucking early or managed to drive a car at 10 am in the morning.

I sighed heavily, trying to dismiss the idea of quiting this job and getting an easier job that didn't require to wake up at 9am. I wasn't going to admit a loser in the hands of that wannabe pop star.... Justin Bieber. Ugh.

I stared at the cast, sitting in a circle with the director, Claudio Leblanc, in tall directors chair on a piece of rolling ground

The Justin Bieber fan girl said something that made director laugh. Probably something stupid and naive like the way she presented herself.

Her name was Nikki, I think. She wore yellow short-shorts that had 'Juicy' at the bum and a tight T that had colorful cupcakes on them. She matched it with a pair of rainbow knee-high socks and high tops. Her long black hair were in two neat french braids. Despite--at my disgust-- looking about my age, she presented herself as a little school girl. I watched as she pulled out another gummy bear out her multi-color back pack. Does she still watch Barney?

The director today looked a little more professional compared to yesterday's idiotic entrance. He was as smoking as yesterday though with his baggy shorts and slight muscle T.

Speaking of muscle shirts, I looked over at the guy about my age sitting beside Rainbow Socks. He had his light brown hair slicked in a too greasy fo-hawk, completely turning off his chocolate brown eyes. He was obviously a Guido hot -shot who is arrogant after a couple producers asked him to play these small ass roles in iffy movies.

The girl sitting beside him was just another hoe bag. You know the ones who just want to be my friend for the benefits. The ones I become 'best friends' with, toy around and throw them away like trash. She was sporting a short jean skirt, too dressy blouse and 4 inch heels. Her long locks were in exaggerated curls and even fro my distant I saw too much foundation like she was hiding a dirty secret; or dirty skin. Her hazel eyes were outlined with thick eyeliner and her lips were too glossy. I didn't even have to look at her phialling her already perfectly manicured nails or her bitchy 'too-good-for-this' look.

The other guy sitting in between Rainbow socks and Claudio was the stereotypical 'emo'. Pure black emo cut hiding his eyes which were outlined with more eyeliner then the whores. He had snake bites on his expressionless face. He wore a hoodie up and tight jeans with chains hanging from the belt loop paired with converse All Stars. It was obvious he had a dark outlook on life and was probably the lead singer and guitarist of a no-name screamo band that Claudio found online.

And then there was the other... where was he?

"Staring at something interesting over there?" the much too familiar and annoying voice called from behind.

So that's where he was; standing behind me like the creeper he was.

"Doesn't the popular Justin Bieber have more important things to do other than standing behind me like the creeper he is?" I said in monotone without looking behind me. I had only woken up a few hours ago and was too tired

"So you admit you were staring?" I felt him lean against the same walla beside me.

"I was... studying," I said slowly, choosing my words carefully.

He switched position, leaning against the wall beside me.

Justin quirked a questionable eyebrow, obviously puzzled.

"I can read people like a book," I pointed at the cast, "Little Girl, Idiot Director, Guido Hot-Shot, another Hollywood Whore, and Emo." I named in order then started wondering why I was telling him of all people this.

"Your harsh," he pointed out, "You aren't excited about this job, are you?"

I was surprised he noticed and it must have showed on my face because he added, " 'Cause your Daddy could have gotten you a much better job right?"

"So what if I'm not?" I shrugged

"It's like, your not excited about anything. You spoiled LA people probably see movie stars in the streets all the time and go to school with their kids,"

"Aw, is wittle Bieby angwy I don't wike you?" I teased

He narrowed his eyes, "Glamorous people like you grew up living in such glitzy surroundings, you don't understand how hard a normal person has to work,"

I was too tired to think so I just opened my mouth and let my thoughts spill out, "There was no reason for me to get up in the morning. Like, I had nothing I had to work for; no goal or dreams. So in a way, you are right,"

"Your life is easy,"

"My life is boring. I wanted a reason to get out of bed every morning," I announced.

"You were getting tired of all those shopping sprees and manicures and pedicures," he pointed out sourly

I frowned, "You don't get it. You know what, just forget it. I don't even know why I'm telling you of all people this,"

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away.

"So how what book am I?" he asked

I turned back around, pretending to study him even though I already knew my answer, "Wannabe arrogant pop-star little male version of Miley Cyrus,"

"Ouch," he grabbing his chest, faking pain

"Carolina! Please come over here," Idiot Director suddenly called

I faked a huge smile and called with phony enthusiasm, "Coming!"

I instantly slumped down, my smile turned upside down.

"Go back to work," I ordered Bieber like the responsible director assistant I was suppose to be, before walking to where they sat.

"Yes?" I forced a smile trying to ignore the three pairs of eyes eying me

"This is Ethan," Claudio pointed at the emo.

Ethan was slumped in his chair lazily, his hood pulled over half his face so I could only his thin lips and snake bites.

"Do you have your car here?" Claudio asked

"Here, no. Parking lot, yes," I replied non-challantly, receiving a few stifled laughs from the peanut gallery

"Can you drive Ethan to the airport?"

When Idiot Director saw my quizzical look, he ushered me to the side, out of ear-shot from the rest

"I see potential in Ethan," he whispered, "Especially since I have seen him in videos online, he could bring his genre in music just as popular as pop."

Bingo. What did I say? I can read these people like a book

"But he is not motivated. I believe there is something bothering him. He only mentioned an airport so it's best to start from there," he added, "So can you please take him to the airport? And then maybe try to talk to him. If he opens up to you, which I believe you can, I will be impressed."

The word impressed perked my attention. The bet. Claudio's interest. Beating that stupid Beiber's ass.

"Okay," I agreed, wide awake now and full of energy,"You can count on me." and we walked by to the cast

"Hi Ethan," I stuck out a hand at the depressed guy, "I'm Carolina, nice to meet you."

When he didn't respond, the Guido stepped in between us

"Ricardo," he took my hand, kissing it and gave me a sly, fail-flirty smile, "Carolina is a beautiful name, perfect for a beautiful person."

I quickly took my hand away. Typical horny douche bag, I thought as he eyed my chest

"No, it is not nice to meet you. So please excuse Ethan and I," I smiled a stiffened smile and grabbed Ethan's arm, "Come on Ethan."

Once we got to my red sports car, Ethan automatically went to the back seat door.

"Front, now," I ordered sharply. He didn't disobey, thankfully

I sped out of the parking lot, glad to be out. Ethan was silent so I decided to loosen the atmosphere by rolling down the windows and blasting some Ke$ha. We were on the highway and I finally turned the stereo down

"So, Ethan," I began, "Why do you want to go to the airport again?"

When he didn't answer I added, "Are you picking up someone important?"

Ethan just stared out the window, his black hair covering most of his face.

I bit my bottom lip, holding my temper in. This is all worth beating Bieber up the ass.

"How about we grab a bite to eat first?" I suggested, "Claudio didn't give us a specific time. Unless, you're in a rush?"

He didn't fucking answer.

Again.

No more good girl act.

The car jolted to a stop before I could crash into the Mercedes Benz in front. Traffic.

That tugged on my last nerve.

My fingers slipped from the grasp on the wheel and around his sweater collar. His hood flew off, revealing his black hair.

My eyebrows narrowed as I stared him square in his eyes or bangs,"Answer me when I am talking to you," I slowly said threw gritted teeth

No response but I had a feeling, maybe because my face was inches away from mine, that I had sparked his attention.

"I am not Claudio, not here to please you and most defiantly not here to kiss your ass. Now, if you don't give me the respect of any other person, I am not giving you any either. That means I am going to throw you out in the middle of the highway. Either that or find a place where you want to eat. You got it?"

His adam's apple bobbled.

"You can answer me, alright?"

"Yes," he replied quickly

"Now, wipe your hair out of your face," I commanded, releasing him

His hands swiftly wiped the hair, revealing his blue eyes. My heart froze, my eyes glued to them. They were... delicious, mesmerizing, dazzling, enchanting, breath taking, beautiful...

"How about McDonald's?" he suggested, quirking a cute eyebrow, snapping me out of his trance. This emo guy might be better than I expected

I smiled, "Finally a real answer."

The next thing I knew, I sitting at a McDonald's with emo, I mean Ethan, right across. He was picking at his Big Mac while I played with my chicken nuggets.

The fast food and awkward silence wasn't going anywhere so I decided to open him up by opening up to him first.

That didn't go so far because his phone blared All Time Low. Break Your Heart, to be exact.

I gasped, "I love that song,"

HE nearly dropped his phone, "You do?"

"All Time Low!" I squealed without thinking, "Who doesn't just fall in love with that band?"

"I could name a few," Ethan mumbled

"Obviously, they have no taste. Probably listen to Justin Bieber," I gagged at the mention of his name. Terrible music, terrible person; go figure.

Someone chuckled.

I looked up stupidly. Then, realizing it was Ethan

That emo could... laugh?

He must have noticed, too. His face set a bright pink. Who gets embarrassed for laughing?

"Aren't you going to answer your phone?"I asked, not wanting him to feel embarrassed.

I watched him with a smiling face as he studied his phone and reported monotone, "It's Ricardo. He said he hoped my problem was solver and asked for your number."

I rolled my eyes,"Fake bastard."

"From earlier, you guys seemed interested in each other." he sounded surprised, his icy-blue eyes nearly boggling out of his skull

"He was interested," I rubbed my goose-bump arms,"I have come across enough of those horny losers to know better,"

He smiled,"Well, what do you want me to tell him then?"

I barely heard him, too distracted at his er... cute smile. It wasn't just cute, it was dazzling.

"Um, gay hot line?" I suggested

He stifled a laugh,"Gay hot line?"

"Yeah," I flipped threw my phone, searching for the number and tossed it across the table.

While he plugged in the digits he said,"Someones an expert. Must get picked up a lot from these idiots right?"

Before I responded, I reached across and flipped his bangs to the side, revealing his icy-eyes. I couldn't resist.

"It's alright and next time when you want to laugh, you should," I smiled as his face instantly blew up bright red. He looked down as he passed my phone back

"It's fun teasing me, isn't it?" he glared at me teasingly

I laughed out loud, "Actually, yes."

When Ethan playfully stuck out his tongue at me, I caught a glimpse of his tongue ring. Snake bites and a tongue ring. I was secretly tempted to lift up his hair and check his ears.

"You surprised me," Ethan suddenly said, wrapping up his nasty burger he nibbled at

"Hmm?" I quirked an eyebrow

"At first, I thought you were just like one of those Hollywood whores, only wanting publicity. Like Avery," he explained

"Who's Avery?"

"That brunette? Sitting beside me during that stupid table reading earlier?"

"The whore!?!" I said a bit too loudly receiving a couple glares. I flipped them off

He laughed, "Totally unexpected."

"I hate Los Angeles," I murmured, sipping my drink loudly

"Oh?" his eyebrows raised, this time I could actually see them.

"People are fake and stupid and it gets agitating," I chewed my poor straw apart

"Why did you take the job, then?" Ethan leaned in closer

"You first," I leaned in closer, too, smiling teasingly. It was so entertaining to see how interested Ethan was in my life

He leaned back,"Um, er the money. Your turn."

How boring, I thought, "Thrill for the summer. What an over-estimate."

"Oh," he said. It felt like he was hiding something

I wrapped up my untouched food, "Alright, its time to go."

**

About an hour later, we found ourselves snooping around in an airport. I guess I was the only one that noticed the security guards eying us like we were smuggling drugs.

"Ethan?" I asked once we stopped behind a lite up billboard sign by the Pick-up section

He shushed me, peeking out from the side

"Psst, Ethan?" I whispered loudly

"What?" he asked without looking back

"What exactly are we doing?" I wiggled above him, wondering what he was looking at

"Shh! They're coming out!" a whole flood of people streamed out from the doors.

We waited there patiently until the airport excitement died down and only the last people were left. Finally, when two women and a little girl, looking about 5 or 6 came out, Ethan showed a reaction. He gripped the edge of the poor sign so tightly, his knuckles turned white.

Both the women and the little girl wore brand names clothes and lunged brand name lug gages so it was a surprise to see the little girl holding a tattered old stuffed black rabbit

The little girl's keen us must have seen us snooping behind the billboard. I gasped, she had the same beautiful icy-blue eyes as Ethan.

Suddenly, a pair of hands pulled me back. It was Ethan, huffing and puffing behind the billboard. I thought I almost heard his heartbeat as I discovered, they were brothers and sisters.

From where I was standing, I could see the poor little girl's shadow coming closer and closer and hear her footsteps on the airport tile ground, ignoring the calls of the women,"Emily, where are you going?"

"Ethy?" she squeaked in the tiniest, cutest voice

I couldn't have though up of a more heart-breaking situation. I pushed Ethan the scared-cat out in clear sight of the little girl. As soon as she saw him, her face lite up

Ethan didn't even have time to glare at me because when he saw her, his face over flowed with happiness. He crouched down, arms spread open wide and said in the happiest and softest way, "Em,"

As they hugged happily, I leaned on the sign, subconsciously beaming down at them.

"Look," the little girl, Emily, showed him her bunny and announced proudly,"I still have Ethan Number 2."

Ethan smiled,"I see. But Ethan Number 2 isn't even black anymore, he's gray."

Emily quickly brought the toy close to her chest, protecting it,"Please don't make me throw it away like mommy and Auntie Joanna."

My heart melted and if it was possible, Ethan's smile grew even softer, swallowed by misery, his eyes twinkling

"I just thought you would rather play with new toys mommy gave you,"

"This is my only reminder of you left, Ethy," the little girl squeaked, her large blue eyes starting to tear. Her blond pigtails flew against her back as she buried her face in Ethan's shoulder, "I miss you so much Ethy,"

Ethan wrapped his arms around her sobbing body,"I miss you so much more, Em."

Suddenly, the middle-aged woman stomped loudly over and announced rudely,"Excuse me. Can you let go of my child."

She must of been the mother because she had the blue eyes too; except less dazzling.

I stood right in front of her, threatening her to come any closer with a death glare,"Excuse me can you read the atmosphere you fat lard."

It was true, she was somewhat on the heavy side. I restrained myself from swearing, little kids were around.

"Who do you think you are, talking to me like that. What right do you have from restricting my child from me!" she shrieked

"I am Ethan's friend and I believe I have a right in making my friend happy!" I retorted. No fat bitch gets to talk to me like that or keep these loving siblings away from one another

"Back off stupid girl," the other woman stood up. She must have been the so-called Auntie Joanne. I had a gut feeling she was part of the problem so I was determined to be as bitchy as possible.

"Take another step closer, I dare you. And don't think I wouldn't call the cops for harassment and child abuse," I took out my phone and stuck it in her face to prove I wasn't joking.

They literally took a step back.

"It's okay," Emily sniffed. She let go of her brother sadly,"I'll go back."

"Goodbye, Em," Ethan pained expression almost made me cry. Emily kissed her brothers cheek softly and looked longingly into each others beautiful eyes. Finally, she turned around regretfully slowly waddled back to her mother

That Auntie Joanne literally grabbed the poor girl and forced her to her side. I was half expecting her to pull out some hand-cuffs and hand-cuff Emily to her

They turned around but suddenly the mom turned back around with dis-interested eyes,"Tell your father to teach his children carefully. We don't need his scampering little children running around shamefully, now do we? Or another Restraining order on a certain person."

She whipped back around, pulling her child forcefully as she trampled out of the airport.

I wanted to punch that bitch out but I couldn't leave Ethan in a pile of his own misery.

I managed to urge him back into the car in the quiet airport parking lot. But I couldn't urge myself to start the engine. We just sat there in discomfort ably silence

"Pretty extreme, wasn't it?" Ethan suddenly sad. He should be the one feeling most sad but ironically, he was taking it stronger than me.

I nodded, then feeling content I turned around, facing him,"Is she even your real mother? Is this fair? This is just so wrong." I groaned, feeling antsy, "I should have punched her out."

"Well," Ethan threw up his hands then put them back down,"Sorry,"

"Sorry!?!" I exploded, "Why are you apologizing! You are the one who should be feeling worse and now your trying to comfort me!?! Ethan, how do you expect anyone to be fair to you when you aren't even fair to yourself?!"

I regretted the words the second they came out, "Sorry, I didn't mean that."

"No, your right. I am pretty pathetic for an older brother, no a man. To make my baby sister feel like that," he smiled fakely, "You probably want to hear about it, right?"

"Only if you want to tell me," I put a comforting hand on his arm

He slowly breathed then started,"When Emily was about a year old, my father was having an affair and got the girl pregnant,"

Ethan had to deal with this for four whole years. I gripped his trembling hand tightly as he continued

"My mother found out and demanded a divorce immediately. She took it really bad because she has this really big pride, crying to ever relative and calling my father bad names and went as far as calling a restraining order on her. My mother even wanted full custody of us and my father didn't reject so neither did I because at the time I hated my father and if he didn't want us then I didn't either. But then, I found out my mother was also having an affair for also about a year with this really wealthy man and my father knew about it but never said anything.

"So, I decided to forgive my father and go live with him. When my mother yelled at me asking me if I loved her anymore I told her I knew everything. She acted like she didn't know what I was talking about, lying straight to my face because of her stinking pride. She even said she didn't want me anymore and hated me and told me I wasn't her child and she wasn't my mother."

He stopped, letting me take it all in

"So-so now you and Emily are separated," I said slowly, not able to get the picture of the sad little girl out of my head.

Ethan nodded sadly, his head dipped low. He had to deal with this for four whole years; what else could he be other than strong and cold?

I reached over and gave him a long, comforting hug. I totally under-estimated this emo.

I finally let him go, knowing I was squeezing the wind out of him. I started the engine,"Let's go back, now."

While we were on the highway on the way back, I suddenly remembered,"Wait, that still doesn't explain why you weren't participating in the table reading,"

Ethan's face suddenly flushed and he looked out the window, saying in the tiniest voice,"In the show, Director wants me to be a girl."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woow the longest chapter I have ever written. Praying in vain right now I didn't bore you right now. I can't believe there was barely any Justin Bieber in this, hope I didn't disapoint anyone :/
If you read it all say 'threw it all'.
Also located on polyvore, link in summary.

Special thanks for my commenters :)
Rose09
and
water lily

thanks my loves :)<3