Status: Active

Remember Me

Somebody New

As I was getting dressed this morning I looked at myself in the mirror mostly at my stomach that was flat but I definitely had something there. I rubbed my stomach slightly then stopped as my mom barged into the room.

“Crystal! Tonight when you get home I want you to meet somebody.”

I groaned “Do I have to?”

“Yes…so no going home with Laura afterwards.”

I rolled my eyes “I don’t want to meet anybody…I’m still mad at you mom so I’ll do what I want.”

“Crystal…its time you got over that…it’s been two months.”

“And? You took me away from the place I knew…from David who I haven’t heard from in two months either.”

She sighed “And I’m sorry about that…please come home? I’m making dinner.”

“Fine…whatever…can I finish getting ready now? I’m gonna be late.”

“Yes sorry…I was just telling you that I was making dinner and wanted you to meet somebody tonight that’s all.”

“Okay thanks.”

With that she walked out of my room and I looked in the mirror again doing my make up trying to make me look relatively alive. I sighed and rubbed my stomach again hoping I’d be able to keep in that I was pregnant for a long time. I walked out of my room grabbing my bag walking down the stairs.

“Have a good day at school.” Good day at school my ass.

“Sure.” With that I walked out of the front door walking towards Laura’s house because it was on the way to the school.

As I walked down the street I saw Laura coming out of her house and I smiled.

“Good timing.”

She looked at me and laughed slightly “I needed to get out of there.”

“Why?”

“My mum, dad and brother are doing my fucking head in.” I liked her accent. She said mum instead of mom.

I sighed “My mom is cooking dinner tonight…I think she’s got a new man already.”

“Already? Damn she moves fast.”

“Tell me about it. My own mother is a slut.” I laughed.

“How’re you and the little one?”

“I’m fine…I dunno about the baby.”

“I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

“Ye-wait he?”

“I dunno I just call everything he at the moment.”

I laughed “No wonder.”

“No wonder what?”

“I dunno…” I started giggling as we walked to school, “I really do not want to go to school today.”

“Me neither…I’m so tired.”

“Me too…I was up writing in my diary…getting out my thoughts…better than them being locked up inside.”

She put her arms around me and hugged me “You know I’ll be here for you hun.”

“Thank you…I just I feel alone…like nobody cares about me.”

“I care about you!”

I laughed slightly at the sharpness in her voice “And I’m glad about that.”

She smiled “Come on we better get going…we’ll be late.”

~~~~~

The day went fast and I was dreading walking through that front door. I was stood outside looking at it sighing as I put my key in the lock to open the door. When I walked through the door I heard laughing coming from the kitchen. I sighed and walked up to the kitchen. I gasped as I saw my mom kissing a well built guy who was in his late thirties like my mom. I gagged then cleared my throat. My mom and the man both looked at me.

“Hi mother.” I spat mother out like I was spitting out toothpaste.

“Oh Crystal…Dan this is my daughter Crystal and Crystal this is Dan my new-”

“Boyfriend.” I sighed.

“Yes.” ‘Dan’ put his arm around my mom’s waist.

“Come and get me when dinner is ready…I’m gonna be upstairs changing.”

“Sweethear-”

“I don’t wanna hear it. You’ve moved on too quickly mom…I dunno how you could do it.” With that said I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs into my room. This was going to be hell. How the hell could she move on so quickly? She had a new boyfriend and it had only been two months since we had moved here. I couldn’t believe it, I needed to tell dad about this so I took out my phone from my pants pocket and dialed my dad’s number putting the phone to my ear waiting for him to pick up.
♠ ♠ ♠
(: