Status: writing

Forbidden Love

Possessed

“Yeah, I’m absolutely fine…”

People worry too much these days, but of course I would notice. Allan was talking to me over the phone, asking me if I was alright, if the demon was back and whatever. The demon hadn’t turned up since when I saw him out of my dreams.

I twirled a strand of hair around my finger, occasionally muttering, “Yeah,” or “mmhmm.” Yeah, I love Allan.

But sometimes I just needed to be alone. I saw my mother bustling around in the kitchen, flattening out dough with a rolling pin. She’s like that. “Bye,” I said, quickly hanging up and skipping into the kitchen. Mum turned around, flour covering her apron like dust sticking to furniture.

“Can I help you with that?” I asked, biting my lower lip. I really need to bond with my Mum, she’s, like, the greatest Mum on Earth, to me anyway. “Rashel, you must be coming down with something.” She joked, putting her hand on my shoulder and letting me take control of the rolling pin. The phone started to ring again. “I’ll get that,” Mum said, rushing off towards the phone before I could even say I word.

“Rashel!” Mum called from the other room as I rolled out the dough.

“Yeah?” I said, quickly getting the job done. I’ve never liked baking before, I used to watch my Mum do it, but maybe that’s because I could never cook or make anything. “Allan’s on the phone!”

Again? “Coming.” I muttered, grabbing the tea towel and wiping off any substance stuck to my hands and fingers.

I took the phone away from Mum’s grip gently and pressed it to my ear, “Hey.” I mumbled, twisting the phone cord. “Hello, Rashel,” Allan said, although his voice sounded odd, rough, like he had a sore throat. “Everything okay, Allan?” I asked, slightly worried, not that I’m over protective. “Yes.” It just didn’t sound like Allan at all. “Who is this?” I demanded, slightly agitated. I didn’t want anyone messing with me at the moment, no matter who it was. Honestly.

“Oh, you’re good.” Now that certainly sounded familiar.

“Who is this?” I said savagely, wanting to just rip the phone off the cord and throw it across the room. “You’re weak friend, the demon.” I gaped. But, he did call himself weak, and it’s the demon. “What have you done to Allan!?” I screamed down the phone, my heart feeling heavy in my chest as if I couldn’t contain it any longer.

I didn’t feel weak, I felt bad. I knew it would end this way, but I didn’t think it so soon. “Nothing, just merely used his body.”

He made it sound like nothing, like Allan was worthless, but to me, it was everything. “Please, just let him go.” I pleaded, crossing my fingers tightly. I never had believed in luck before, but now my whole future seemed to depend on such a thing.

“Why should I? Now I can get on with my task!” He growled, although it was a… sort of proud growl. “You monster!” I shouted, wishing I could just reverse time, get Allan, bring him here and be safe. But of course, life just can’t do that. “Well, as soon as your out the way, I’ll be far away from your ‘precious’ friend,” He said roughly, and then the phone was cut off. I curled my fingers around the edge of the table.

Nobody is going to mess with me, or Allan.

“So, what did Allan want?” Mum asked, hitting the rolling pin lightly against her thigh. “Not much…” I muttered before dashing out the door. Today is the day I fight a demon and wins – I think.

“Going out!” I shouted, running down the street as if I was just any human rushing off the work or something like that.

Ha, but I’m not like that. I dodged pedestrians with the occasional, “Oi!” Allan’s house, only down this alleyway now and out through into his street. Then I saw him, Allan’s possessed body standing at the end of the lane. “Allan?” I said, stepping forward ever so slightly. “It’s me, the demon,” Allan’s ‘sore throat’ voice said.

“Well, let him go!” I demanded, stepping forward even more, only a few metres away from ‘Allan’. “No, I’m too weak to be freed from you, so I’ve taken over his body, it’s simple.” He honestly didn’t seem very bothered about anything in particular right now. “Why should I?” He sneered, showing revolting yellow teeth. “Because he never did anything to you.” I whispered softly.

The demon growled, it was a low deep grumble – from Allan’s chest – that erupted from the demon’s o shaped mouth.

“He will though if I free him,” The demon said finally, and then Allan was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, short.

Now Sophie's turn.