Inside of You

I Can See My Beautiful Rescue

I stood in the door way awkwardly just watching him lay there with his eyes closed. Part of me wanted to just walk away and leave but my legs just wouldn't budge. Jared's eyes fluttered open and a smile swept across his face.
"Hey there." I took a step forward so I was all the way in the darkness of the room.
The Arizona sun finally set leaving the sky to get swallowed up in the city lights with stars barely gleaming in the extra added light.
"So uh...How are you holding up?" Jared turned his face to look at me rather than out the window.
 "You know, pretty good." He paused. "It's funny, what are the chances that I'd run into you again in the same place on the same day two years later?"
My eyes widened in astonishment. "Y-you remember that?"
I guess I hadn't changed much in two years, maybe just a few pounds lighter because of stress, my hair was lighter and a tad bit shorter than it was two years ago and well I got a bit more vintage style wise.
"I never forget a face. No matter how many I see a day." He smiled.
I took a seat next to his bed and kept my eyes focused on my hands, chipping away at my newly painted nails.
"You also remembered." Jared added in a matter of fact tone.
"I-uh. Well it's weird but I-" I was cut off by knocking at the door.
We both turned our heads and spotted a short dark brown haired nurse.
"Sorry but visiting hours are up. Mister  Monoco just wants you to stay over night and tomorrow you'll be free to go at noon." Her smile was  kind as she turned and left.
"That's good news." I exclaimed standing up. "It was great meeting you and I'm sorry for what happened."
As I began to walk out he called after me. "Wait. Will I be able to see you again?"
My heart fluttered. I walked back over to his bed taking his hand in mine. "Maybe. Get better."
I kissed the top of his head and left.
When I got to the lobby the guys were all focused on one another that I was able to slip past them without being noticed.
The drive back to my door was filled with silence and my thoughts swirled in my head. When I got in Rachel was on the phone and her hair was thrown up in a messy bun on top of her head and she was wearing her pink pajama pants. Those were signs of stress and worry.
"Okay, bye. I love you too." With that she hung up.
Her eyes met mine and I quickly headed into my room. Rachel's footsteps followed right behind me and paused as I began throwing close out of my closet to get ready for bed.
"My 'friends' in the hospital." She said.
I looked over at her with a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry Rach. Is she okay?"
Rach walked over and sat on my bed. "Yeah, he's doing fine. He's getting out tomorrow."
I nodded my head. "Well that's good news. What happened?"
She narrowed her eyes at me. "I'm not really sure. Garry didn't really fill me in but he said that I knew someone who could tell me."
I looked at the clothes that were now resting in my hands, then back up at her.
"I'm going to go take a shower and then get to bed."
Rach gave me a hug then left my room. I sighed deeply as I sat on my bed thinking and before I knew it was fast asleep. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Blahhh!!! Comments please!