Inside of You

I'm not attracted

I sat in my pink and green room at my dads place for two weeks. I hadn't spoken to Rachel in two weeks more importantly I hadn't stopped thinking about Jared for two weeks. My dad said I was crazy for letting some freak accident scare me, but really I'd only told him vaguely what had actually happened. 
"Alright kiddo get your ass up." My door flung open with my dad standing there in a white t-shirt and shorts. Unusual considering it was Tuesday, a Tuesday afternoon. A Tuesday afternoon that is also busy business day. 
"Shouldn't you be at work?" I questioned him rolling over on my side. 
"Shouldn't you be in class?" He shot back. 
"Maybe...what's it to you?" I rolled over in my bed facing the blank wall wrapping my blanket closer to my body. 
"Well I pay for your schooling right now. Also I want to go golfing with my little girl." 
I hopped off my bed shoving him out the door to get dressed. Him and I hadn't gone golfing in a few years, but we used to go every other weekend and it always cleared my mind. 

I stood facing the rack of new releases in Best Buy looking for a cd that looked remotely appealing to listen to and worth my money. It was like a tradition every time dad and I made our way to the Tempe Golf Club, to stop at the nearest Best Buy and pick up one new cd from an artist or band that we'd never heard of and then one cd from our favorite artist. I already had Ryan Adams Cardiology in my hand, now it was time to focus down on the new releases. Dad was in the video section while I was thinking hard about cheating today and buy the album Rachel's boyfriend's band had just released or if I should go ahead and pick up Danger Radio's album because I really had no idea who the hell they are.  
"I say you pick Danger Radio, I heard The Maine sucks and so does this cd." I dropped all three cd's and snapped around quickly at the voice that spoke. 
I was met with Jared's smiling no long visibly bruised face. 
"Wh-what are you doing here?" Stupid, Kamron! I mentally smacked my forehead. 
"Same thing you're doing. Deciding if I should waste money on my bands first full length or if I should put that money to good use and buy Used and Abused." He grinned sheepishly at me causing me to smile. 
"I guess I'll take your advice then. Thanks." I put back one of the CDs and stalked off with the other two in my hand. 
Jared followed me. "Wait. I-I've been wanting to thank you personally while I'm not all drugged and loopy and-" 
"You're a drug addict?" My dad came out of nowhere causing me to jump a little and Jared's face went a slight shade of red. 
"Dad!" 
"What I'm just going by what I heard and assume." He laughed  sticking his hand out for Jared to shake. "I'm Steve and you are?" 
"Erm"Jared cleared his throat. "Jared, sir." 
"Please sir is so old school. Call me Steve or dude." They shook hands as my dad spoke those words. 
I rolled my eyes at my dads attempt to be hip and soon after an awkward silence loomed over us.
"Well homeskillet got your CDs?" I glanced at Jared then nodded my head at my dad. 
Jared started walking away. "Wait." I called after him. My dad gave me a questioning look as Jared stopped and turned around. 
"Yes?" His smile made me blush ever so slightly. 
"You said you wanted to thank me personally." I paused. 
"Right, so I-"
"No, be quiet." His faces twisted in confusion. "Look, I did nothing of importance. Yeah, okay I kept a couple of guys from...anyways what I am trying to say is that. I don't need a thanks or anything." 
I left him standing there pulling my dad with me to the check out line. 
My thoughts were all jumbled and out of wack that I didn't notice we had arrived at the golf course. 
"You like him." My dad said simply opening the car door getting out. I felt my mouth hang open in shock. 
"What?! No I don't I just-" 
"Just what? Had terrorizing nightmares about this exact thing happening. Or could it be that you JUST called yourself his girlfriend to get rid of your cousins dipshit pot head friend?" 
"How'd you know?" I asked racking my brain trying to remember whether or not I had told him that story. 
"I'm your pops. I know everything." Was his final answer and that left me thinking
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm going to stop this no one likes it.
If you want me to continue comment please if not then I'm deleting this.