Reasons To Live

Annabelle Clark

My parents were in an automobile accident when I was 10. My mother’s parents lived on the west coast and Grandma Annabelle lived an hour away. The courts gave me to her. I was happy about it too. Annabelle is that cool grandma you know. She’s younger of course but, she still has the essence of cool to her. She taught me everything I know about well, everything. She was my rock and one of my best friends. She’s always there for me.

She tried teaching me how to bake. I was never good in the kitchen, one hell of a house wife I would have been. I burn water, but Grandma Annabelle tried though. Bless her soul she tried. We had flour and chocolate chips everywhere. The cookies came out alright but I could never do it on my own. I burn them every time. It was fun though. I’ll never forget it.

I think I feel the worst about leaving her. I’m her only grandchild; I’m the last after her son. I’m it. I feel like it’s my responsibility to live on her legend. I wish I could. I know how hard it is too lose those closest to you.

She’s here every day like Eric. She always brings me something. A new update to the outside world, she like my own personal TMZ. I know my condition is hard on her. I wish it wasn’t though.

I hope she knows how much these last 7 years with her meant so much to me. I hope she knows how much of an impact she had on my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last chapter. I'm excited for this contest :)