Status: in the works

The Luminescense

The wake-up back-up

Sinca woke.As he groggily woke up from his sleep , he wondered: “what day is it?”. Days had melded into one big blur to sinca. He didn’t need to eat because he was one of the few who had the ability to feed off of light and water, very much like photosynthesis. However, like the rest of the people, he could get his energy and nutrients from food if necessary. It had always troubled sinca about the fact he was tan and not green like all the books used to say. This was of course before the discovery. The discovery that had changed everyone's outlook on life and the difference of reality and make believe. This was the discovery of the lights and as sinca had read on the latest book that had been published it said that green had been determined to be the color of evil and so anyone possessing the powers of the good light could not be green so only the bad “apples” would be green as a warning sign to keep that one under surveillance lest they try to destroy the lights or other pieces of the ancient cavern. Only 2 of these children had been kept alive. There names are important to the story but they will come up later.

“come on sinca”, Arkoff shouted, “we’re going to be late for the trials of black and white!”

“ugh”, thought sinca, when this is all over I can finally become what I’ve always wanted to be, a gardener. “Coming, be down in 2 minutes.Gotta get my clothes on, I may be able to survive extreme temps but I'm not walking around stark naked.” Sinca could here Arkoff pacing nervously and excitedly outside his bedroom. It was almost enough to make him laugh. How long has it been since they had found it they were one of the 32 to attempt for rights to guard the lights once they elders merged their souls with the lights once more. Ah yes, 12 days and yet with the constant excitement from Arkoff it could well have been 1200 days. O well, after today it would no longer matter, after he made it all the way to the end, if he could, he would mess up intentionally and be disqualified and no one would ever bug him about the lights again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any more questions? comments?