I Can't Remember a Word That You Were Saying...

1.

dearly beloved, are you listening?
I can't remember a word that you were saying.

Funny thing was, he wasn't listening to her. It was the same thing over and over with them lately. Fighting about whatever, from why he was out so late to who was talking the kids to school the next day.

And he was fucking tired of it.

So he just resorted to not listening to her, because it was just a cycle about what she said, and he'd make some smart remark, and that would set her off even more. He just kept his mouth shut and didn't even try to argue, but nod and try to look like he was listening and understanding.

Though he wasn't.

He was in his own world, zoning off, getting random melodies in his mind.

"Billie Joe, are you listening to me?"

"Huh?"

"Go figure you're doing this again! You don't listen to me and you make me feel like I don't even matter. Nothing new, all you've done lately is make me feel like shit and..."

Back to his world...

She was tried of it too. She had given him the best years of her life being with him and this is how he repays her. She kept screaming at him. She was so mad.

"You're not listening to me again. I'm tired of this shit. I'm done."

She turned to leave him and he snapped back.

'Fuck, she snapped. No.' He thought.

She opened the door, but right as she was about to close it, he grabbed her hand.

"Adie, baby, listen to me. Will you come back in the room."

It felt like she was numbed by the sudden tenderness of his touch.

She nodded and he took his hand. They sat on the edge of the bed.

"Listen, this whole thing is just redundant."

we're living in repitiion...

" What are we fighting about now? I forgot. I'm so tired of it. I love you. I never want to leave you. Adrienne," He said, holding her hands in his.
"You're my everything."

my beating heart belongs to you, I walked for miles 'til I found you...

"Can we just forget all of this and go to bed?" She asked apologetically.

He smiled. He couldn't resist how her eyes got when she was sorry. They seemed to like bigger, and he just loved looking into her beautiful chocolate eyes.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too."

"I love you Adrienne."

"I love you, Billie Joe."

promise me no dead end streets, and i'll guarantee we'll have the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
what do you think? Just felt like putting this together.