I Can't Remember a Word That You Were Saying...

11.

"I missed you..." She breathed, as he fixed the blanket around them. "I mean, I know it wasn't that long, but it seemed like it, and-"

"Ssh, Adie, it's okay. We're over it, right?"

She nodded and he smiled at her. She smoothed the blanket over him and sighed happily. They were silent for a while, just enjoying each other's company and being happy that they weren't angry anymore.

"Don't leave me, Adrienne." He said, looking at the wall in front of them.
"What?"
"Just don't leave me. Ever. I can't live without you. Hell, I don't think I'd be alive without you. You pulled me out of the biggest ditches of my life when I thought just ending it was the solution. Thank you. You don't know how much I love you, how much I think about you when I'm not around you. I just want you to know that I always want you to be happy, and I want to be the person to make you happy, make you smile, make you laugh." He paused for a moment, thinking of the right things to say.
She looked over at him, her eyes wide, her cheeks red from blushing.

"You're everything to me, Adrienne. Don't leave me, I can't live without you." He said, tears forming at his eyes. "I know it was only a day you were gone, but it really made me realize that. It scared me, y'know..."

She nodded and moved closer to him.

"I love you."

"I love you too."