I Can't Remember a Word That You Were Saying...

8.

He was ready to throw the phone on the floor and do nothing but cry his eyes out. He fucked up, big time. He didn’t know what to do to fix it
“Adrienne, no..please. We can work it out, can’t we? Come on, please, I don’t just want to give up on this, I love you too much.”

She sighed. She didn’t want it to come down to this. She was so happy with him for all that time and now this happens…

“I’m taking the kids to the amusement park tomorrow…we’ll talk when we get home. But, Billie Joe, I swear to God, if we fight while trying to work it out I will leave you. I’m so tired of this, Billie. I really am.”

“I’ll do anything, Adie, please. I know I fucked up and I’m gonna try my hardest to be a good husband for you, and a good father for the kids, I’m going to try so hard, Adie, you don’t know how bad I wanna hug you and the kids right now…”

That sounded so nice to her right now, she could’ve used one…

“Well, you can when we come home tomorrow…” She said, wiping tears from her eyes.

“Okay, Adrienne. I promise I won’t fuck up anymore.”

“Everyone fucks up sometimes, I just overreacted….” She admitted.

“I called my own beautiful son a fuck up, you didn’t overreact, you were being a good mother. Getting them away from me was the best thing to do…”

“I just feel bad about leaving so suddenly.”

“Don’t, it was my fault.”

She sighed and they listened to the silence on the other end of the phone, waiting for the other to speak.

“So…” He sighed. “How are the kids?”

“They’re okay, I guess they’re sleeping now…”

“Where are you?”

“A hotel downtown. I’m in the hallway.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Yeah…”

“Adie?”

“Yes?”

“Do you still love me?”

“I’ll love you forever, no matter what. Never forget that, Billie Joe, please…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comments magically make chapters appear :o