Status: Done

You Left Me With Nothing but a Kiss

I Know It's Kinda Dark, But You Should See My Heart. It's Not For You

"So what happened?" Rachael asked eagerly.

"He came up to me and hugged me and told me that I looked pretty. Then-"

"Awww!" Rachael exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Then he said he was sorry and stuff and asked me to take him back," I told her.

"Did you?" She squeaked.

"Does it look like I did?" I asked annoyed. As if my hangover wasn't bad enough I had to deal with all this crap.

"You don't have to be a bitch...," she mumbled.

"I'm sorry. It's just, who does he think he is? He makes me suffer for over a month and then he has sex with me and leaves me and he thinks I'll just come crawling back to him?" I exclaimed.

"Well that's true, but come on Bee! You love him, he loves you! Why can't you guys just go back to being the way you were before?" She cried.

"It's not that easy," I stated.

"Yes it is," she replied. "You didn't see him after you left. He was a wreck, just like he is now. And you're not much happier. You used to be sweet and upbeat and now you're a sarcastic bitch. So how about you two both grow up a little bit and try a little thing called 'forgiveness'" she yelled, putting air quotes around forgiveness.

"Would you forgive Garrett if he fucked you in the back of a van and walked out? Would you forgive him for calling you a bitch? A skank? Ugly?" I questioned.

She just stayed silent.

"Yeah, I didn't think so," I spat. "I might be miserable without him, but at least...," I tried to come up with a positive thing about not being with John.

"At least?" Rachael asked smartly.

I sighed.

"Look, I'm not saying you should go crawling back to him. Just, take it slow. Be friends again and let it go from there," she told me.

"I told him I wanted to see other people," I explained biting my lip.

"You what?" She shrieked.

"Shh!"

"Bee! How could you do that?" She cried.

"Do you know how many times I've been hit on in the past eight months? A lot. And sure, I never liked any of them, but I haven't been on a first date in over a year. I just want to remind myself that John is the only guy for me," I told her.

"Well that makes sense. Once you go on a date or two you'll know for sure that John is the one for you," she agreed.

"Yeah, I've actually already got a date," I grinned.

"What? With who?" She cried.

"One of the tech guys. He asked me if I wanted to get ice cream after the show and I said yes," I explained.

"Is he cute?"

"Kinda," I shrugged.

"Kinda? So you're just leading him on?" She asked flatly.

"Well, if I like him..," I cut myself short. I don't like him. "You're right. I'm gonna go call it off," I said standing up and walking off to find Brett, I think his name was.

I finally saw him.

"Hey!" I called.

"Oh hi. How are you?" He asked politely.

"I'm fine, but look. I can't go out with you tonight," I told him.

"Why not?" He asked sadly.

"Bottom line is, I'm in love with someone else and I don't feel right leading you on when my heart already belongs to someone else," I explained.

"I understand. Thanks for being honest," he replied.

"You're welcome. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier," I apologized.

"It's okay. But hey, whoever the guy is, is a really lucky man in my book," he said sweetly.

"Thank you," I blushed as I walked away.

I walked by the stage and saw The Maine doing soundcheck.

I smiled at them and waved as I walked back to my table.

John had been crying. My heart got caught in my throat at the thought of seeing him cry again. And knowing that I caused it.

I sat down and waited for the doors to open so I could distract myself with selling shirts and accessories.

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle-" I heard my ringtone play.

I looked at the caller ID and smiled at my brother's name.

"Hey Dan! What's up?" I asked.

"Beth, it's about dad. You have to come home,"

____________________________

"Don't worry, John. My parents will love you," I assured him as we rode anxiously in the elevator.

Once it beeped and the doors opened John rolled our suitcases up to 4C, my parent's middle class Manhattan apartment.

My dad was a cop in the New York Police Department. He was a pretty tough guy, to say the least.

I knocked on the door and it swung right open after a few seconds.

"Guys! Beth is here!" My sister Sarah yelled. She pulled me into a hug as John and I stepped into the apartment.

I greeted everybody and then turned to John.

"Everyone, this is my boyfriend John. John, these are my parents Richard and Jennifer. This is my sister Sarah and her husband Mark and my baby nephew Alex. And that's my brother Dan," I introduced.
John greeted everyone politely.

"Thank you for having me for Thanksgiving Mr. and Mrs. McMahon," he said nicely.

"You're very welcome, John," my mom smiled. She wasn't the type to call people 'sweetie' or 'dear'.

"Good to finally meet you, John," my dad told him.

"Great to meet you too, sir," John replied.

I could tell he was really nervous.

"Are you a Yankees fan?" My dad questioned. I rolled my eyes.

"No, sir," John responded.

"I like you already! Good choice, Beth," my dad smiled.

After everyone had gone back to doing their own things I pulled John into the guest room and kissed him.

"They love you," I whispered.

"Good, because I love them too," he grinned. "But not as much as I love you,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger-ish!! If I get at least 4 comments I'll update again today!! Thanks for reading :)