Status: Done

You Left Me With Nothing but a Kiss

Baby Keep My Heart Beat Beat Beat Beat Beating

She left.

Again.

But for a reason this time.

She's at the airport right now going to New York City. Something happened to her dad, but nobody knows yet.

She told Rachael she had to get home and packed one bag, and left.

"Rach, are you sure that's all she said?" I asked for the fiftieth time that night.

"Yes John! She said, and I quote 'Rach you need to do me a favor and do my job. I need to get home, something happened to my dad' that is all she said," Rachael replied.

"Oh god, I hope nothing's wrong with him. She'd be devastated," I worried.

"I know John, but she said she'd call me later and I'll tell you everything she says. Promise," She told me.

"Thanks. I don't know why you're even still talking to me," I sighed.

"John, you made a big mistake. Like, huge. But Beth is my best friend, don't get me wrong, we're pretty close too, but like I was saying Beth is my best friend and you make her so happy. Do you even see the way she looks at you, or remember the way she used to giggle at all your stupid jokes? She is head over heels for you, everyone knows that. But you hurt her really bad. Imagine the person you love and adore calling you mean names and making fun of you all the time. I don't think you'd like that very much," She explained.

"I know I fucked up, Rach. But it still hurts knowing I can't do anything about it except say sorry," I sighed.

"Remember when she came up to you the other day and told you she loved you and asked for you to forgive her?" She asked.

"Yeah...," I replied.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her I hated her," I whispered.

"Yeah. Now aren't you glad she isn't as mean as you?" She chuckled.

"Beth's a sweetheart. I don't deserve her," I laughed sadly.

"John, you have to stop saying that! Sure, she may be way too cute for you, but all she needs is a guy who will love her like you do. She doesn't want anything else," She explained.

"Then why did she leave me in the first place? I must have done something wrong!" I asked.

"Because she was scared that you were going to leave her," She told me.

"What?" I gasped.

"Yeah, she said you guys were going through a rough patch and she was afraid you were going to break up with her," She said.

"I wasn't going to break up with her! I wanted to fix things, I was willing to do anything! I still am!" I yelled standing up.

"Then maybe I'm not the one you should be telling," She smiled.

I caught on to what she was saying quickly.

"Thank you, oh wise one," I joked, bowing down to her.

"Just go get your Bethy," She smirked hitting my shoulder.

I started to run back to the van.

"What about tour?" I asked her.

"Take a break!" She shouted back.

Well, not a good answer but I can figure something out later.

Beth's Point of View.

"Okay passengers, we will be landing momentarily," I heard over the intercom on the plane.

I sat in my seat anxiously. It was 3 in the morning and all I could think about was getting to the hospital to see my dad.

As I exited the plane I pulled my carry-on, the only bag I packed, along with me. Since I didn't have any bags to check I could get a faster flight to the city.

I walked outside and quickly hailed a cab.

"To Lenox Hill hospital please," I instructed the driver.

"Sure thing, miss," He replied.

I usually like chatty drivers, but today I was glad this guy kept to himself. I wasn't in the mood to talk.

It took about an hour and a half to get to the hospital. Luckily there wasn't much traffic at 3 AM.

"That'll be 78.56$," The driver said.

I handed him my visa and took a twenty out of my wallet and tipped him.

"Have a nice day, miss. I hope everything is alright," He said before I exited the cab.

I sighed and walked into the big hospital. I approached the front desk and asked the lady there

"Excuse me, I'm looking for my father, Richard McMahon. Could you please tell me what room he's in?"

"Richard McMahon? Oh god bless him! I swear that man saved me from a thousand dollar parking fine," She said in a cheery voice. I tried to smile but my lack of sleep and the stress I was under made it very hard. "He's right through those doors in intensive care. Bed 12. Honey, I'm awfully sorry but you can't take that bag back there," She told me.

"Listen, I just took a flight from Nebraska all the way here. I haven't slept for 19 hours. I spent a hundred freaking dollars on a taxi ride and I just want to see my dad. So could you please find it in your heart to just let me go back there?" I begged.

"Tell you what? I'll put this under my desk and when you leave you just come get it," She replied sweetly.

"Thank you so much, ma'am," I said handing her my bag.

I quickly walked through the ICU doors and ran to bed 12 where my father was lying.

He looked up at me through heavy eyelids and pulled his oxygen mask off.

"Beth," He wheezed.

"Dad!" I exclaimed hugging him tightly.

I pulled away from the hug and took in his appearance. He was hooked up to two different heart machines, oxygen, and an IV.

"A heart attack at 53, dad? You're not even fat," I whispered.

He smiled at me and took his mask off again.

"John?" he questioned.

I looked down. I lied to him and told him two months ago that John and I were taking a break.

"No, we're not together dad," I sighed.

I hadn't noticed until now that tears were falling down my face. I didn't want my dad to see me cry so I quickly wiped them away.

The fluorescent hospital lights were doing a great job at keeping me awake. My dad however, kept drifting in and out of consciousness. He had finally fallen into what seemed like a deep sleep and one of the male nurses came into the room. I fixed my dress as I noticed it had risen up.

"I think you need to go home now, miss. We'll call you if his condition changes,"

I sighed and got up and smoothed my dress out. I tied the belt around my long peacoat started to walk out of the intensive care unit. I took one last look at my dad as I got to the doors and exited the room.

I made my way through the hallway slowly until I saw a familiar face. I rubbed my eyes hoping that my lack of sleep was making me see things. I stepped closer and touched him. Sure enough John O'Callaghan was standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered. It was now six in the morning and I was dead tired.

"I couldn't let you go through this alone," he told me softly.

"I'm not alone. I have my family," I replied flatly.

"Beth, you know that if this was my dad you would be there for me in a heartbeat. Just let me help you," He begged.

The lack of sleep was definitely getting to me as my eyes welled up again and I ran into his arms. He held me tightly and I felt like nothing could get me.

"I'm going to take you home," He whispered.

"My bag is at the front desk," I told him quietly.

"Okay, I'll get it. Don't worry," he soothed.

He walked outside and waved a taxi over and placed me inside.

"I'm going to go get your bag. I'll be right back," he told me as he walked back inside.

He came out with my bag and told the driver the directions to my house. Luckily Lenox was in Manhattan so we didn't have far to go. I didn't quite fall asleep on the ride home, but I wasn't all there.

Once we got there John paid the driver and got my bag out of the car. I didn't budge so without hesitation he picked me up as well and he pressed the buzzer to my parent's apartment.

"Yes?" My mom answered.

"Mrs. Mcmahon? It's Beth and John," He replied.

"Come right up," She said as the door to the building unlocked.

He walked inside, still carrying me and got in the elevator.

"John? I just want you to know that we're not back together," I slurred.

"I know, Bee. I'm just taking care of you. You take care of everyone else, now it's my turn," He told me.

He carried me to the apartment door and I held my hand out and knocked weakly.

My mom opened the door for us and John set me down on the couch. I fell asleep directly afterwards and felt a blanket being placed on me.

______________________

"Oh my god. I feel like shit!" John exclaimed in a stuffy voice.

"I know, just lay down and I'll bring you some cough drops and soup," I cooed feeling his forehead.

"Thank you Bethy," He smiled.

"You're welcome, sweetheart," I said kissing him on the cheek.

I brought him soup and water and Halls cough drops on a tray and set it down for him in the bed.

"Thank you babe," He croaked.

"Shh. Rest your voice," I said quietly, while taking a seat next to him.

He placed his arm around me and rested his head on my chest.

"You're the best nurse. You know why?" He asked.

"Why?" I chuckled.

"Because I can snuggle with you," He replied.

I giggled and kissed him on the forehead.

"I love you, baby," He told me before drifting off.

"I love you, too,"
♠ ♠ ♠
for you Generation_R1321!! Haha. I know I never switch POV's in a chapter but I had to for this to work. Sorry if I messed you up :/ comment please and tell me who's POV you'd like me to do the next chapter in. Thanks for reading!! Only a few more chapters left!