Status: Done

You Left Me With Nothing but a Kiss

Hours Pass And She Still Counts The Minutes That I Am Not There

"How could you stand me up?" I heard her sniffle on the message, giving me a bit of deja vu.

How could I stand her up? We'd been going strong for the past month since we got back from New York and then I had to go and blow it.

"John there's a party after the show," Kennedy told me.

"I can't go. I'm taking Beth out," I replied.

"Are you sure? Just come for a few minutes, then go," he suggested.

Well, a few minutes couldn't hurt.

After the show was over and the party started I got myself a beer. Then another. Then another. I wasn't drunk, but I was a little buzzed. Buzzed enough to forget about Bee.

I don't know how late it was when she came storming in. Her cheeks were rosy and her nose was bright red from being outside in the cold. The way she talked I could tell her lips were probably numb too.

This wasn't the first time I've stood her up. Actually, it was probably the fourth.

I ran after her when she stormed out.

"Bee, I'm sorry," I panted as I caught up to her. When I did I slipped my flannel shirt off and placed it around her shivering body.

"329 minutes," she fumed.

"What?"

"I have waited for you a total of 329 minutes combined. That's every time you didn't show up to a date. Not to even mention all the times you promised to call but never did,"

"Bethy, I'm not perfect-" I started to explain.

"No John you're not, but I think that you could try a little harder. You're just used to me putting up with your bullshit and it's going to stop tonight," she said.

"Bee please! I can change. Just give me a chance," I begged, literally getting down on my knees. I looked up at her to see her expression. The anger was slowly fading.

"John," she sighed. "I need you to be more dependable. It seems like the only time you really care is when we're fighting,"

"I know and I'm sorry. I promise from now on I'll be the best boyfriend in the world. Just give me a chance," I pleaded.

"I've been thinking about leaving tour and going home to Tempe," she said looking down at me.

"What? Why?" I exclaimed with a worried expression.

"I'm pregnant,"

"You're joking. Please be joking," I told her.

"I knew you'd react like this!" She yelled, throwing her hands in the air.

"I can't have a baby! I'm not ready for that!" I exclaimed standing up.

"Oh and you think just because it's inside of me that I'm magically ready?" She asked sarcastically.

I didn't say anything I just ran my hands through my hair repeatedly.

"You know what John? I'm leaving. Tour is over in a few weeks and I have to find a doctor and start to make appointments. Whenever you figure out what the hell it is that you're ready for, we'll be waiting," she said placing a hand on her stomach.

I just nodded and sat down against the wall.

I was not expecting this.

I'm 22 years old for crying out loud!

___________________________

"Alex is the cutest baby ever," Beth exclaimed on our trip to the airport, after last thanksgiving.

"Yeah. He looks a lot like you," I said.
"What? Only because he has brown eyes!" She chuckled.

"I guess," I laughed. "You don't like, want a baby now, do you?" I asked nervously.

"Noooo, I don't think I could handle a baby just yet," she said.

"Okay good. Because I love you, but I don't think I could deal with a kid right now," I breathed a sigh of relief.

"But you're the only person I'd want to have a baby with. As long as he gets my nose," she joked kissing the tip of my nose.

"That's okay. If we had a kid I could call you a MILF," I joked knowing she hated that word.

"Shut up," she chuckled.

"You know I love you," I smiled.

"And I love you too,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Only 2 more chapters left! Then the sequel. And yes, I made John 22 even though it's 2009. I realized that she turned 21 while they were still dating and I didn't want her to be older because I'm weird like that. Thank you guys for all the comments!! I really appreciate it! :) so, comment and tell me what you think about this. I really want to know if you guys love it or hate it.