Status: Done

You Left Me With Nothing but a Kiss

There's A Lot More To It Than This

"Okay so do you like the horse themed stuff, or the jungle themed stuff?" Rachael asked, looking at the unisex baby things.

"The jungle stuff," I replied flatly.

"Honey, cheer up! You're having a baby. Think positively," she said patting my stomach.

"You know I'm not even showing so you look kinda weird doing that," I laughed.

"I know. But I'm just so excited for you!" She squealed.

"Thanks Rach," I smiled.

"No problem. How about you go look at the cribs while I look at some toys," she suggested.

"Okay," I nodded.

I walked down the isle with the display cribs. There were pictures of cute babies and happy parents.

That's when it hit me.

I could be a single mom. Never get the chance to go to college, or get a real job.

I wouldn't have anyone in the delivery room with me, no one to decorate a nursery with, no one to figure out the sex of the baby with.

I bolted through the store to find Rachael.

"I want to leave," I begged, biting my lip.

"Okay. Go start the car and I'll check out," she agreed handing me the keys.

I scurried out to the parking lot and found the red Camry that Rachael rented. I got in the car and started it up. My phone vibrated and I quickly pulled it out to see who was calling me.

Garrett.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, just wanted to see how you were," he asked.

I sighed.

"Rachael told you, didn't she?" I asked.

"...told me what?" He said unconvincingly.

"Garrett...," I warned.

"Okay, okay! She told me. But don't worry, we both have your back," he admitted.

"Just don't tell anyone else," I pleaded.

"I won't," he promised.

"Thank you," I replied.

"So you're okay?" He asked.

"Not really, but I'll get through it," I responded honestly.

"Good. If you need a fake baby daddy for anything, I'm here for you," he laughed.

"Has John said anything...about me?" I asked.

"Well.. he... Uh, no. He hasn't said anything," Garrett told me.

"Of course," I sighed. "Okay. Thanks Gare. I'm gonna go now. I'll call you when we get home. Rach is gonna spend the night at my place tonight and hit the road in the morning," I said.

"Okay awesome. Talk to you later," he said, hanging up.

Rachael got into the passenger seat and I started to pull out.

"Beth, John's a good guy. You know he's gonna be there for you. He just needs some time to grow up a little bit," she explained.

"I didn't get time to grow up. I can't run away from this, so he shouldn't be able to either!" I replied.

"You're right Bee, but it's not just about you anymore. Your baby is going to need it's dad," she told me.

I just stayed silent.

She was right. I couldn't just think about myself anymore.

"I'll let him into my life when he shows me he wants to be in it," I responded.

"Fair enough. Just don't be too mean," she asked.

I stayed silent and finished my drive home.

We arrived to my apartment and brought all of my stuff in.

Rachael came in with an armful of bags from Babies-R-Us.

"I picked up some things I thought you'd like," she said.

She got blankets and clothes. She also got some toys and stuffed animals. She bought some of those cute baby towels that have a little hood.

"Rach, I love everything! Thank you!" I squealed.

"You're welcome, miss moodswing," she joked.

"I'm sorry. It's the stupid hormones," I apologized.

"Don't worry about it, chica," she chuckled, pulling me into a side hug.
We stayed up for a little while watching movies and eating junk food. Rachael told me it was the last time I'd be able to pig out for nine months. Even though we both knew that I'd probably be eating nothing but junk food for nine months.

We finally went to sleep around ten because she had to get up early.

"You're sure you don't want me to stay?" She asked for the millionth time.

"I'm sure. I'll be fine for ten more days. Just finish tour with your lover," I laughed pushing her out the door.

"If anything happens you need to call me first thing, okay?"

"Okay! Just go already, dear," I urged.

"Fine, I'm going! Bye. Remember to take your vitamins," she laughed before giving me one final hug and leaving.

I stepped back into my apartment and flopped down on the couch.

"Well, it's just you and me, baby," I sighed, patting my stomach. "Just you and me,"
♠ ♠ ♠
Bad last chapter. And very short, but oh well. The sequel will be out soon. I'm not sure what to call it though so please give me some suggestions!! Oh, and so I just found out that Garrett has/had a real girlfriend named Rachael. How weird is that? I named this Rach after my best friend, haha. So thank you for reading this! I hope you liked it! A HUGE thank you to all my regular commenters, you guys make my life. And to all of my subscribers! Remember to look for the sequel!!