Status: Active! (I hate the orange bar the status creates. Why can't it be red?)

Nobody Said It Would Be Easy

Chapter Seventeen: If You Ever Feel Like Letting Go, I Won't Let You Fall

Dear Riley,
I miss you. A lot.
Love,
Mellana


After Alice, Emmett, and I explained the situation once again, Jasper drove me home.
"I don't understand why you don't just let Riley go." He said as we drove way over the speed limit.
"Because I love him." I answered not bothering to look at him.
"He doesn't love you back." He contradicted as we stopped at a red light.
"Really?" I asked, shoving the letter in his face.
"It doesn't prove a thing."
"I don't understand why you don't understand." I snapped.
He looked at me and ran threw his hair. His grip was tight on the steering wheel and when he moved his hand figer indentions were morphed into the leather. "I just don't get it." He murmured.
"Think of it this way. If Alice left you, would you let her go? Even if she had picked up an extremely dangerous new boyfriend?" I asked, he looked at me. "I'm saying that would happen, it's just, how I see things." He nodded and looked at my sypathically.
"That's how much you love him?" He asked.
"Yes. That and more." I said as he pulled up infront of the Biers' house. "Jasper, he was my life, he was the only guy that has ever loved me."
"Your wrong." Jasper frowned.
"What?"
"Emerson, he loved you." Jasper said.
"Well, that all over." I said sadly.
"Yeah." Jasper agreed. "And I slightly understand your point of view now, if you have problems don't hesitate to come to us. We'll help you." He smiled.
"Thank you."
"We, no, I won't let you fall." He assured. "Neither will the rest of us. Carlisle thinks of you as part of the family, maybe not as much as Bella, but we all love you." He said. A certain gleam in his topaz eyes convinced me and I smiled, getting out of the car with a final goodbye.
I went inside, Sam was in the Den and ignored me and the his parents were still at work.
"Hey Sam," I called going upstairs.
"Hi Mell." He called. I went upstairs and into Riley's room to put my note on his bed. When I rounded the corner to see the bed a person was lounging on it peacefully.
"Mell." He murmured as I sat on the bed.
"Riley?" I asked, looking at him. He looked wary, I took my note and put it in his stone cold hand.
He opened it and read it silently. "I miss you too." He said pulling me down next to him and hugging me.
"How do you stand it?" I asked into his chest.
"What?"
"My smell." I answered.
"I hold my breath." He smiled. "Vampires don't have to breathe."
"Really?"
"Yep." He said, kissing my forehead.
"Well that must be awesome." I smiled, kissing him back.
He looked down at me, and stroked my hair. He had something in his hand, it was pressed against his palm. "What's that?" I asked poking it.
"This?" He asked, twirling it around.
"Uh-huh."
He flipped it over and showed it to me. It was a picture.
"When was that?" I asked, staring at the picture.
"Your Freshman prom." He smiled. I examined the picture. Riley and I were standing there I was in my orange dress and he was in his tux and his brown stared at me sweetly.
I smiled and he pecked my lips.
"I remember that day. It was our anniversery." I said.
"We had been together one year." He finished.
"And you told me that you'd love me always." I reflected.
"And forever." He said kissing me again, but this time it lasted longer. We started kissing then, he pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arms around me. His lips were hard and like rocks, but I missed him so much, so I kissed him back.
"Riley?" I said after he pulled away.
"Hm?" He asked lazily.
I looked at him. "You should probably get back to Victoria."
He sighed. "Yeah, probably." He kissed me one more time. "Bye, Mell."
"Come back tomorrow?" I asked when he reached the window. "Meet me in the park." He smiled and dissapeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! :DDDDD Jasper was sweet for once!! Riley too! It's solem vampires be nice day! :)
Comment, subscribe, add me as a friend,
Maggie or biblel
(this might be my last chapter for awhile)