Status: Active! (I hate the orange bar the status creates. Why can't it be red?)

Nobody Said It Would Be Easy

Chapter Four: It Was A Cold And A Broken Hallelujah

Dear Riley,
I feel like I'm falling. Deeper and deeper into hell. My life is crumbling on top of me and no one is there to save me. My parents aren't helping, haha, far from it. So, let's just face it. I'm drowning. And you can't save me now.
Love,
Mellana


"Mom!" I screamed. "You can't...be...pregnant. No." I wailed face palming.
"Well I am." She snapped back shoving her face with a spoon full of brownie mix.
"No!" I said, collapsing on the coffee table.
"That's what I said." My dad groaned.
"How...could...you?!" I asked, tear starting to fall.
"What do you mean 'how could I'? Do you think I want another one of you?" My mom growled.
I was now breathing heavy "This is not fair!" I screamed.
"How is it not fair to you?" My mom asked in her annoying authority tone.
"You want to know why it's not fair to me? Oh! Mom, I couldn't give a bigger freak about you and your pregnancies. It's not fair for the little child your creating! It kills me to think that your going to TRY and support another child. It hurts to know that another kid is going to grow up in this white trash lifestyle." I cried.
"You know I realize I could careless how you feel, right?" She said shoving more brownie mix in her mouth.
I gave her a death-glare, watching her lick the spoon. I stalked over and ripped the spoon from her mouth and knocked the bowl on the floor, watching the brownie mix flow from the bowl and to the floor.
"What the hell?" My mom yelled.
"I hate this family! You let me grow up in this!" I screamed motioning to the messy room. "And now.....your going to do it.....again?!" I screeched.
"Kinda, yeah." My mom said.
"I'm out of here. I've lived like this to freakin long, Mother." I seethed, pulling the word mother into a long, lifeless word.
"Your eighteen do what you want, but we are still your legal guardians." My dad said.
"I'm an adult, I'll do what I freaking want!" I yelled. Then turned and looked at them from the door. "I just want you to know....." I said hesitating. "Hallelujah I'm free of you two horrible excuses for parents." I yelled, then opened the door and stalked out. I stood on the door step, hesitating, but kept walking.
I didn't want my relationship with my parents to be like this. I didn't want to have to tell them that. I knew I would, but I tried avoiding the fact until now. I just, couldn't stand the thought of them bringing another child into the world, one that'll end up just like me...maybe even worse. I knew my parents would treat the new kid just the same, then call me up and ask me to take care of the kid and pick up the pieces.
I knew this was the worst situation they could get themselves into. I knew the kid would have self esteem issues, and confidence problems. I knew it would be the worst thing in the world. But, I told myself I didn't care anymore.
My life was falling to pieces, and I knew it. I knew it would happen. Riley was gone, I was going insane, my mother was killing another life form through her verbal and physical abuse, I was losing my best friend and I was drowning in it all.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I woke up to the smell of....steak. I looked at my clock, it was 6 p.m. I had been sleeping all day. I avoided tell Mrs. Biers what had happened, I told her I didn't feel good and she sent me to bed.
I rolled over in the covers and looked around the room. Shadows lingered in the corners of the room, a tree brushing my window. I climbed off my bed, something was wrong. I walked over to my window, pulling back the curtains and lifting the shades.
My eyes widened. "R-Riley?" I asked, pulling at the window. He helped me, sliding his fingers under the window and gently pushing it up.
"Mellana." He smiled, crawling in the window. He stood in front of me, looking down at me happily. He smiled and grabbed me, hugging me tightly.
I shivered, pulling away. "Your freezing!" I exclaimed.
He chuckled, pressing me against him. "Just be really quiet okay?" He whispered.
"Why? Don't you want to go see your parents..they're right downstairs if...." I started. He pushed a finger to my lips.
"Mell, come here..." Riley said, taking my hand in his stone cold hand and sitting on my bed. He pulled me into his lap and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Okay....I'm not...Riley anymore."
"Yes you are," I smiled snuggling into his chest.
"I'm not the same Riley anymore." He sighed.
"Isn't that the truth," I said running my index finger over his rock hard skin.
"Please, Mellana, don't take this to offense, put just back up. This is hard for me." Riley growled.
I looked up at him, and titled my head, but got up and sat down in my swivel chair. "Okay, what's going on?" I asked.
He took a deep breath. "I would tell you, trust me I would....but I have no time to explain now."
"Why?" I asked jumping up as soon as he did.
"Victoria needs me." He snapped, moving to the window in one swift move.
"Who?" I asked.
"The one I love." He said, disappearing into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw. Mellana's life is crumbling on top of her. But on the bright side RILEY CAME!!! And broke the news that he has a lover besides Mell. Must be heart breaking. *sighs* O.o