Status: Active! (I hate the orange bar the status creates. Why can't it be red?)

Nobody Said It Would Be Easy

Chapter Five: How I Lost You And Your Brown Eyes

Dear Riley,
I bet your probably wondering why I I write you letters and put them under your pillow when I know your dead and have been for quite some time now. I know I'm going insane, seeing you and everything. Because I am insane. That's why I still write to you.
But I did see you last night. You came to my room. You were freezing, and those big brown eyes I loved....are gone, and replaced with a evil crimson that melts holes in my skin. You've changed and you words were twisted. I don't know what's going on with you. And personally I don't want to. But come back okay?
P.S. Who's Victoria? And why did you say you love her?
Love,
Mellana


It had been a two days since Riley showed up. They'd been hard days, but I lived through them. Knowing the Riley might possibly be alive gave a little more spark to get through the days, although I did wonder about this Vitoria girl.
It was Monday now, I had to go to school. Sadly.
"Mell, could you drop Sam off at school?" Mrs. Biers asked me, when I was eating breakfast.
"Of course." I smiled, putting my bowl in the sink.
"Thank you, sometimes I wonder what I would do without you." She smiled and put some paper work in her brief case. "With Mr. Bier's on his business trip...it just gets so hectic sometimes. Anyway, work awaits! You can take my car, I'll take Ted's." She finished walking out the door.
"Common Sam!" I called into the Den. Walking in I saw Sam sitting on the floor shoveling toaster waffles in his mouth and watching Cartoon Network.
"Hang....on..." He said sloppily, licking syrup off his fingers and chewing the rest of the waffle quickly. He swigged down the rest of his milk and darted into the kitchen tossing his dishes in the sink and grabbing his shoes. I rolled my eyes and watched him tie his converse on. He grabbed his book bag and stood up, smiling.
"You should really stop watching T.V. so much." I said as we walked outside into the mist.
"Heh heh, yeah..." He said doing a thumbs up. "NO." He smirked turning into a thumbs down.
"Burning brain cells..." I giggled putting my arm on his shoulders.
"And if I burn enough I'll be put in the special ed. class and I won't have to do any work." He said climbing in the front seat of his mom's Suburban.
"Sam! That's not funny!" I chided getting in the driver's seat and shoving the key in the ignition.
"Yeah it is." He laughed back in response.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"I forgive you." Erin smiled as I got out of the car.
"What?" I asked, as she embraced me happily.
"For calling me a heartless you-know-what." She said as a teacher walked by.
I rolled my eyes. "Well, then, I'm sorry."
"Aw, they made up." Drake smiled, hugging us too.
"Hey....Mell?" Someone said behind me.
I turned around, "Hey Emerson." I sighed.
"I was wondering if you want to go out this weekend?" He asked, leaning on the bumper of Mrs. Biers' Suburban.
I took a deep breath. "Emerson, I've told you countless times, I..."
"Look, dude, her boyfriend died recently, she doesn't want to date you." Drake said, stepping to my right.
Emerson sighed, rolled his eyes, and turned around, leaving. "Thanks Drake." I smiled as the bell rang.
"Class time!" Erin said then, grabbing our hands and pulling us off to the school building.
::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I had made it threw the day. Now it was time for Spanish, last class. I sighed in relief and went into the room.
Greeeeeat. The only seat available is between the two Cullen's. Emmett and Edward. Greeeat.
I sat down sadly. Shoving my book bag under my seat and taking out my note book. Why didn't they just sit next to each other. Why couldn't they just let me sit in peace. Why?
"Hello," Emmett, the big burly one said in a gruff voice.
"Hi?" I said back, not looking at them.
"I'm Emmett Cullen." He continued, ignoring me rudeness.
"Mellana." I snapped back.
"And I'm Edward Cullen, it's a pleasure to meet you." The smaller one said.
I closed my eyes. "Can't you Cullen's just stick to Bella?"
I opened my eyes and saw them share a glance over my head. "What's that supposed to mean?" Emmett asked. Our teacher, late again. Hurry up lady!
"It means, why can't you just stick to stalking Bella Swan, and not me. I have enough problems." I sighed thinking of my mother, and my crying at night, and Riley.
I looked at Edward then. He looked worried and was staring at me intensely.
"Um...we couldn't help but over hear you conversation with Emerson. Why did you turn him down?" Edward asked.
"Because my boyfriend died recently." I growled.
Never arrive early again I thought to myself.
"Who was your boyfriend?" Emmett asked rudely.
"None of your business, I barely know you." I huffed stubbornly.
"Are you sure you don't wanna talk about it?" Emmett insisted.
"We're good listeners." Edward assured.
"Yeah, well, maybe I don't wanna tell you." I snapped crossing my arms over my chest.
Emmett leaned on his elbow, and stared at me, biting the inside of his cheek. I looked up and glared back at him. "She's stubborn. Haha, just like Bella." Emmett chuckled.
"I can see that." Edward agreed.
"Do you think she'll talk to one of them about it?" Emmett asked.
"Rose wouldn't listen." Edward protested. "Bella would be stunned. And Alice just scares people sometimes."
"Esme?" Emmett wondered.
Edward put his elbow on his desk, cradling his chin in his palm. "Maybe. What about Jasper?"
"Eh, Jasper kinda gives you an uncomfortable feeling, if you get what I'm saying." Emmett answered. "He probably wouldn't be able to handle it either." He whispered.
"Carlisle is always a choice." Edward said back.
"Do either of you realize I can hear you?" I asked.
"Nah, if I were a teenage girl I wouldn't want to open up to some old man. Creepy." Emmett laughed, ignoring me.
"True..." Edward smiled as our teacher walked in.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know Emmett and Rosalie didn't go to school with Edward and Alice and Bella in Eclipse but oh well. I wanted them to, so whatever. :) COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!!! Please!!!