Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Save It For The Lullaby And Goodnight

Frankie's grandpa draped an arm over his grandson. He gave him a weired look and Frankie grinned playfully at him. His grandpa pointed over at me but didn't turn his gaze from Frankie once. He gave my boyfriend a questioning look and Frankie nodded, still grinning cheekily.

"Is that...?" He began to ask till Frank cut him off.

"Yeah. That's Gerard."

"Is he...?"

"Yeah."

"Are you...?"

"Yes."

"Are you two...?"

"Yes Grandpa! Mom's already done the half a question thing." Frankie grinned. His grandpa leaned in and whispered something in his ear. I wasn't sure weather or not to say anything. Frankie gave his grandfather a desperate look. He turned to me. He stood up straight and was surprisingly tall. He walked over to me, leaving Frankie in the kitchen doorway. He strolled over to me, it was quite intimidating. He stood beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Now son there is a big problem." He stated. Frankie's grin broadened. I felt nervous as hell. I looked up at him with huge, scared eyes.

"A problem, sir?" I asked, my voice going slightly higher.

"Yes son, a problem. You see, Frankie boy here, wont shut the fuck up about you, and it's annoying sometimes. He's crazy about you boy so look after him." He whispered the last sentence in my ear and I immediately relaxed. He grinned and tussled my already messy hair. Frankie grinned and walked back over to us. I snaked my arms around his neck as he did my waist. He lent his head on my shoulder and sighed, his warm breath sending shivers down my spine. I heard Linda (Frankie's mom) and his grandpa Frank 'aw' at us when I kissed his cheek softly.

"Go get your stuff sugar." I whispered in his ear. He nodded and pulled away, rushing upstairs for his stuff. Linda came and hugged me again. I smiled into her shoulder. I was so glad they were okay with me and Frankie.

"Gee!" Frankie called from the landing. I walked out of the kitchen and looked up to where my baby was leaning over the banister with two different pairs of jeans.

"Which one, black or blue?" He asked, the cutest, most innocent looking face I've ever seen.

"Aw. Um...sorry, the black ones." I smiled, blushing slightly. He smiled and winked before going back to gather up his stuff. I felt a warm hand on my shoulder that pulled me down to sit on the stairs. Frankie's Grandpa Frank was smiling warmly at me.

"So what music are you into kid?" He asked, leaning back against the stairs.

"Um. Heavy metal, rock, punk, alternative, all that kind of music." I said politely in a voice that wasn't mine. Frank nodded and picked up two drumsticks from the step beside him.

"Me too. I was a drummer, but we never made it far. We found love and gave the band up. Are you in a band kid?" He asked, twirling the drumsticks between his fingers. I nodded and pulled my wallet from my jeans pocket. I pulled a photo from my wallet and pointed to the people in turn.

"That's my current band. That's Ray, he plays the electric guitar. That's Mikey, my little brother, who plays bass. That one there's Matt, he plays the drums, and I sing." I said, letting him examine the photo. He nodded and made that strange noise people make when something impresses them. I glanced at the photo and smiled at my band mates.

"Somethings missing from the band. It's like there's an empty space where more music should be. I think we might get a rhythm guitarist." I exclaimed, glancing at Frank who was watching me.

"Our Frankie boy up there plays electric guitar. He's fantastic. He's in a band called Penny Plop or something like that." I laughed at the name.

"PENCEY PREP!" I heard Frankie yell from his room. I laughed again and looked up to see him smiling back down on me, holding a bottle of lube. I nodded and he threw it into his bag before his grandpa looked up.

"Look out below!" I heard Frankie yell and his footsteps thundering down the stairs. I was gonna turn and look but Frank pushed my head down so I ducked as Frankie leapt over us. He landed and the wooded floor but skidded into the hat stand. The whole thing (which held about 20 coats, 5 hats and 2 dog leashes) collapsed on him. My heart stopped as everything was still.

"Wait for it." I heard Grandpa Frank whisper from beside me. All of a sudden the great pile of material burst out laughing. I laughed too, out of relief and cause it was pretty funny. Frankie emerged with a bowler hat perched on his head. He shook it off and got everything back into place perfectly in record time. I shook my head at him, still laughing.

"Anyway. We better get going. SEE YOU TOMORROW MOM!" Frankie yelled into the kitchen. His mom yelled her goodbyes back to the both of us as his grandpa hugged us goodbye in turn.

We faced the cold and think snow again.

"Hey. Let's go to that big hill at the park first. I'm sure Ray's mom wouldn't mind if we had a little fun first." I grinned and raced Frankie to the park. We reached the top of the huge, and I mean HUGE, hill and glanced at each other. I threw myself forward and twisted in the air so I wasn't gonna land on my stitches. I was going down the huge, snowy, icy slope on my knees so fast. I felt the cold and the wet soak through to my knees. I was laughing loudly, but nothing to when Frankie zoomed past me, sat on his bag and riding it down the slope. He had a huge grin on his face cause he knew I was getting soaked but he wasn't. I threw myself into the air and dived at Frankie. I managed to knock him off his bag, which fell the rest of the way down on it's own. Me and Frankie tumbled down, clinging to each other and screaming. We were having so much fun. We landed in a heap as we hit the snowy bottom. We lay there, laughing and cursing at our soaking wet clothes. I sat up and lent over Frankie, I kissed him quickly and lay back down. I reached out for his back and pulled it closer to us. It was still closed so I knew nothing had fallen out.

This was how I wanted things to be forever. Me and Frankie, together, laughing, talking, being wild, and generally having a great time. Ah. My dream life. Well save it for the Lullaby and Goodnight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the late update. I had written this chapter out. I had it perfected, just how I wanted it. And stupid me went and lost it again. I know I'm stupid. And Probably a crap writer too but hey, I write for a hobby and to entertain you great people so hey. Love much. B.O.D xoxoxo P.S two people seemed to have missed out reading Chapter 7, (Just A Little Further) Just to let you guys know.