Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Mikey's Embarrassment

"Finally. Where have you boys been?" Ray’s mom asked when we walked through the door, soaking wet and freezing cold. We grinned and explained what happened at the park after we went to Frank's house. She shook her head and laughed, muttering something about kids these days. We rushed upstairs and stripped off. No we didn't so don’t let your dirty little minds wander. We went for a shower. My room had it's own shower so we wouldn't be disturbed. I turned the hot water on and stood under the hot water. I felt the warmth flood my icy cold skin and embraced it happily. Frankie stepped in beside me. He reached for the shampoo and did his hair, following up on conditioner so it would be all soft. I did the same. We both smelled like roses. I rinsed my hair and kissed Frankie softly. I smiled at him and reached up for the body wash.

We decided to wash each other, just to mess around I guess. But we were both squeaky clean after, and we smelled like the flower bed in the garden. Minus Boy’s...leavings. Rushing down the stairs, I could smell cooking. I followed the smell into the kitchen where Ray’s mom was cooking over a stove. I walked up to her and rest my head on her shoulder, inhaling her motherly smell mixed with the cooking. She turned and hugged me, and before I knew it, I was crying into her shoulder. She had her arms around me and was whispering soothingly into my ear.

“Oh honey I know it’s been hard on you but it will get better I promise.” She whispered as I started to calm down. I pulled away and nodded.

“I’m sorry. And thanks.” I smiled weakly at her. She kissed my forehead and sat me down at the table. She shared out 4 plates of sausage casserole for us and macaroni and cheese for Frankie since he was vegetarian. Boy had the rest of the sausages and silence fell over the table. I was sat opposite Frankie and every now and then he would brush his leg against mine to acknowledge me. I was looking down at my plate but moved my eyes so I was looking up at him. I was sat next to Mikey who was watching Ray staring at a girl through the window. We all smirked at each other and I saw Frankie whisper something in his ear. Ray seemed to choke on his food and coughed a mouthful of chewed up sausage at Mikey, which splattered on his glassed. I was in hysterics as Mikey took off his glasses to wipe them down and glared at Ray, his pupils seemingly tiny.

“Mikey?” A soft female voice said from the doorway. We cracked up again when we saw Alicia stood in the doorway. Frankie collapsed on Ray from laughing so hard and I ended up on the floor in total hysterics. Mikey was redder than the roses in the garden. He wiped his glassed and put them back on clumsily. I buried my head in my arms to try and calm myself down.

“Hi Alicia honey. Come sit down.” Ray’s mom grinned at her. Alicia thanked her and sat beside her, rummaging in a messenger bag she had slung over her thin shoulder.

“I brought these for you. My mom said thanks for the cards.” Alicia grinned at her. Mikey sat awkwardly on the kitchen counter. Alicia turned around to smile at him. He put on a look that he thought was cool and went to lean back but ended up falling back into the sink. We cracked up again and ended up in stitches on the floor. I was clinging to the table leg trying to calm down but it was impossible. Now my brother had food smeared across his glassed and one arm was soaked with hot soapy water.

Alicia looked away, trying not to laugh as she handed the notes to Ray’s mom. We were still laughing at Mikey when he slid off the counter and landed his foot right in Boy’s food bowl. We almost died laughing. He strutted out of the room with a dog bowl on the bottom of his shoe, one arm soaking wet and smeared glassed. Oh that was one for you’ve been framed. Once we’d recovered, we sat back on our original chairs, and finished dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and crap and late, but I've been threatened with an after school detention for not doing my homework, I've run out of excuses.The truth been I've been writing chapters for this story instead of homework lol. Comments appreciated. B.OD oxoxoxo