Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

The Last Teenage Lullaby

I sat up, instantly being knocked down again. I heard that laugh again. I felt a strong blow to the side of my head. I felt dizzy and sick. I heard Frankie yelp again and I spud round to see he had disappeared, but I could hear his muffled yells of my name.

“Frankie!” I called, spinning around and trying to see into the shadows. But I could only see within the circle of red light. The breath caught in my throat as Lee Peterson stepped out of the shadows. I covered my stomach with my arm, even though I was wearing a shirt. I guess what shocked me most, was that Mikey stood beside him. Even through the stripped Abercrombie and Fitch hoodie he was wearing, the track suite bottoms tucked into his socks and his Nike trainers, he looked worried and uncomfortable to be here. His NY baseball cap was tipped upwards slightly. He looked like a total...I couldn't’t find a word for it.

Lee grabbed my long black hair and pulled me to my feet, agony rushing through my head. I reached up and clung onto his wrist, trying to ease the pain. As soon was I was up, he started to circle me. My palms were sweaty and I was scared.

"Don't fight Gerard!" I heard Frankie yell from the shadows. I was instantly floored with one hard punch. I felt my lip burst as the blood trickled down. Lee jumped on me and tore my shirt. He ran his fingers over my stitches, using his nails to rip them out. I screamed out in agony as my flesh was torn. I shrieked as he plunged his finger into the now open wound. Tears were leaking from my eyes. I wasn't crying, my eyes were watering from the intense pain.

"Aw. Is emo fag crying?" His words taunted as he dug around. This really was medieval torture. I could hear Frankie struggling and screaming, but everything seemed distant and hazy. My vision was blurry and my throat hurt from screaming, which I was still doing. I felt something fill my throat and when I coughed, blood splattered around my mouth. I heard Frankie scream again but it sounded like it was mixed with a sob. Lee finally pulled away from me and stood up, leaving me bleeding and in terrible pain. He pushed my brother out of the way and told him to 'finish me off'. I just laid, watching him blankly. The pain searing my through my body. The jocks and their 'gangster' friends walked out. Frankie tried to run to my side but Mikey pushed him away.

"Ray's outside go to him and tell him we'll see them later. Go!" Mikey yelled. Frankie watched me worriedly, not moving. Mikey sighed.

"Frank he's my brother. I'm not gonna hurt him." Frankie glanced worriedly at me and slowly and reluctantly walked out.

"I love you Gerard, You'll be okay. You better look after him Mikey." Mikey watched him out then crouched beside me. He took off his hat and pressed the soft material on my torn stitches. He went and untied the guy who worked on the ride, who was sick on the tracks as soon as his gag was taken away. Mikey said something to him but I didn't hear it. Everything kept fading into blackness before coming back, slightly hazier than before. The guy ran off. Every time I coughed, I brought up even more blood than before. I was eventually sick. The vomit mixed with the blood. I felt weak and was too sleepy to move, talk or do anything that involved physical movement..

*MIKEY'S POV*

I rushed to his side and made sure he was still breathing and still had a pulse. He was still alive but his pulse was extremely weak. I was in a frenzy. What the hell had I done?! It was my fault my brother had suffered like this. When given the choice of getting beaten up a bit, which I was used to from dad, or having Gerard like this, I chose the latter. Why am I so stupid and selfish? I knelt down and sobbed until the medical team rushed in. This was the second time in the past month I'd gone with my brother as he'd been carried away on a stretcher. I sat beside him in the ambulance. I could hear the siren screeching and the paramedics talking over their radio. I held Gerard's blood covered form in my arms, rocking him back and forth. Whispering to him.

"Lullaby, and good night,
With pink roses bedight,
With lilies o'er spread,
Is my baby's sweet head.
Lay you down now, and rest,
May your slumber be blessed!
Lay you down now, and rest,
May thy slumber be blessed!

Lullaby, and good night,
You're your mother's delight,
Shining angels beside
My darling abide.
Soft and warm is your bed,
Close your eyes and rest your head.
Soft and warm is your bed,
Close your eyes and rest your head.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes.
Mother's right here beside you.
I'll protect you from harm,
You will wake in my arms.
Guardian angels are near,
So sleep on, with no fear.
Guardian angels are near,
So sleep on, with no fear.

Lullaby, and sleep tight.
Hush! My darling is sleeping,
On his sheets white as cream,
With his head full of dreams.
When the sky's bright with dawn,
He will wake in the morning.
When noontide warms the world,
He will frolic in the sun."

I sang softly. He stared blankly at the roof of the ambulance. One of the paramedics that were sat with us had sat and listened to me sing. I hadn't sang loud. Just a soft melody of sound to relax my brother but keep him awake. I watched as his eyes slowly closed. I first thought he was asleep, but I began to cry as the paramedic shouted.

"No! Hurry up the boys slipped into a coma!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay as always at least 4 comments needed telling me if you did, or didn't like it. Sorry about it been crap and late. But school is really getting on my tits now lol. Love Much BOD. xoxoxo