Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Frankie

*FRANK'S POV*

"Hello?" I asking into my cell phone. I didn't bother with looking at the caller ID. I didn't bother with much anymore anyway as the worry for my boyfriend and his brother over powered everything else.

"Frank? Hey it's Mikey." I sat bolt upright on my bed and my spirits soared. He would let Gerard talk to me. I know he would.

"Mikey! Oh hey how are you and Gee?" I asked, unable to stop a grin on my face. I heard Mikey struggle for words a little and I began to get a bit nervous. Why wasn't he talking.

"See for yourself." He finally muttered. I heard him press the phone against something. Tears began pouring from my eyes when Gee's moan was heard. At first I thought he could be getting himself off and Mikey had got the wrong idea. But my world fell down at the girls moan that followed. Mikey didn't hold the phone there long and I heard him press it to his ear again. I wondered what that scraping was over my ear but I soon realized that it was the phone as my hands were shaking so badly.

"I'm so sorry dude. I've tried to talk to him, but he's determined to start again with life and get rid of everyone we left behind. This chicks got him around her finger Frank!" He insisted into the phone. I couldn't speak. Gerard told me he loved me. He promised he'd love me forever. I felt the hot tears prick my eyes before spilling uncontrollably.

"Well Mikes, try talk to him again and tell him I love him more than anything." I whispered into the phone, not able to talk properly between hidden sobs.

""Okay. I'll tell him. I'm sorry dude I really am. Oh don't cry I'm sure he'll pull through. Okay. Later." He obviously heard the sobs that I couldn't hold back any longer and wept over the phone.

"Later Mikey." I whispered and dropped the phone onto the floor of my room. I needed to talk to someone. I'm going to find Grandpa. I crawled hurriedly to the end of my bed and rushed down our stairs sobbing my little black heart out. I fell on the bottom step and collapsed into a blubbering heap on the polished wooden floor sobbing and weeping pathetically. I felt so unloved, so abandoned...so... used. I heard footsteps rushing over to me and strong arms pulling me into them. I was reminded of the day I ran from the movies and Gerard comforted me for ages. But it only made me cry harder.

"Frankie? What's happened are you alright kid?" I heard my grandpa's voice ask and he remained holding me close. I buried my head into his shirt and continued to cry. I couldn't bare the pain and hurt I was feeling. Love really does kill you slowly and painfully. Granddad rocked me back and forth until I had calmed down enough to tell him what happened.

"Gerard. The day we went to the theme park him and his brother disappeared. Mikey just called and held the phone to a wall or a door or something and I heard Gerard sleeping with a girl. Mikey said that Gerard refused to come back and he wanted to forget his life back here to avoid getting attacked again or something." I broke down again and I heard grandpa cussing and cursing. I heard my mom's light footsteps behind us and her arms wrap around me as well. I guess she had heard what happened. I loved how supportive my family was, as little it may be. I was still small for my age so I could easily be picked up. Grandpa carried me into the lounge and sat me on the couch, the fire was on so it's warmth spread through me and mom brought me a coco. I took plenty on deep breaths to calm down and sipped on my hot drink. Mom rubbed my back soothingly. I smiled weakly at them in thanks for how supportive they were being, but I could still feel my heart tearing in two, shredding itself inside my chest. Mom kissed my head and whispered something about how glad she was I wasn't a girl. I smiled weakly at her reasoning.

I sighed deeply and watched my dog sleeping in front of the fire. She seemed to sense something was wrong when she awoke and jumped on the couch beside me. She sat and rested her paw on my shoulder as she licked my cheek. She was the only one who could make me grin in times like this. I loved my dog, she was my guardian angel and stopped me from doing something stupid. Hence her name, Guardian. I petted her as she laid across my lap on her back, looking up at me innocently. I loved how blue her eyes were. She was a little husky. Her fur was so soft that when you hugged her, it really was like hugging a cloud. But she was my baby, and I loved her. But the innocent stare reminded me of Gerard's the day we first got together and he gave me that innocent look as he told me I was perfect to him. She licked my tears away and made me laugh. My mum hugged me again and told me it would be okay. I nodded and smiled again at them both. It would take forever to get over Gerard. maybe I never would. But if he can get over me within three or four days, then I should be able to do the same. And plus, I'll always have my family on my side. And Guardian of course.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love, and valentines day is approaching =]