Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Trouble And The Drug House.

*GERARD'S POV*

"Baby what's up?" Eliza asked as she had just been denied yet another make out session. I shook my head and continued to stare at the wood-chipped ground as we sat on the wooded platform in the playground. I felt Mikey's gaze fall over me. I couldn't take this out on Eliza, she had done nothing. I forced a smile and looked at her pretty features. I lent in and kissed her softly.

I felt her smile against my lips. I felt a little guilty at Mikey's sigh, obviously intending for me to hear it. I pulled away and smiled genuinely at her. We were homeless from today so we were gonna have to make do with living in this park.

"I'm going to have to go. I told Lyn-Z I'd meet her at her cousins. I'll see you guys later." She kissed my lips and gave Mikey a hug. I watched her leave before deciding I was starving.

"Come on Mikey. You hungry?" I asked, standing up and starting to do the monkey bars. I turned, still hanging from the bars and saw Mikey giving me a confused look.

"How can we get food. Were broke." He stated the obvious. I raised my eyebrows until he understood. He looked nervous but followed me across the bars to the slide. I hopped the fence and pulled Mikey up so he couldn't jump down. We played Chicken across the road and down a few blocks to the mall. There was a sign that said the food isles was upstairs so we made our way up and in. Mikey had on a jacket with fairly large pockets in so I made him give it to me, I didn't tell him I did it so he wouldn't get into trouble if we were caught though. I picked up a packet of chocolate chip cookies and slipped them into an inside pocket.

I did this with two apples, a packet of grapes, two oranges, four cans of Coca Cola, two packets of potato chips, a large packet of sweets, a loaf of bread, and a block of cheese. I shoved my hands into my pockets and tried to look as innocent as possible. The security guard seemed to be following us. We turned to walk out of the mall and he started running at us. I yelled out and broke into a run, Mikey caught on quickly and followed.

"YEAH WE'VE GOT TWO KIDS CAUGHT SHOPLIFTING I THINK THEY'RE HEADING TOWARDS THE CLOTHING DEPARTMENT!" I heard that meat head security guard yell into his walkie talkie. I know we weren't in a good situation but I couldn't help the grin from forming on my face. The excitement and adrenaline in the situation was amazing. I saw another guard in front of us. I glanced at Mikey and nodded. We had been practicing for things like this, but we were only playing. When we got to the guard who was about to grab us, I leapt into the air. Mikey slid between his legs and rolled over to he could continue running, while I jumped over the guard and landed well behind him to continue running with my brother. I was laughing by now as we headed for the door.

The alarms went berserk as we sprinted from the mall and onto the busy roads, where they lost us in the traffic. We were almost hit loads of times as we raced to everywhere and nowhere. We just ran. I don't know where we got the energy from but we were still fine. We raced about six blocks and down loads of back Allys. We finally slowed down to a paced run and ran into (literally) a boarded up house.

"Fuck! Where did that come from." I laughed as I fell to the floor from the impact. Mikey laughed and helped me up.

"That was fun." He grinned and looked up at the boarded up building. I saw a gap where a a few boards had broken on a basement window. It looked just big enough for me to squeeze through so I knew Mikey would get through with ease. I pointed it out to Mikey and he examined it.

"We should be able to get through here okay. GET IN!" He yelled as we heard the voice of the security guard was heard not to faraway. I made Mikey get in first so he would be safe then I pushed the coat through before getting through myself. The wood scratched my sides a little but it didn't hurt. We could always scrape those down later. I dropped to the concrete floor and crouched down to see through the broken wooded board we had just come through.

*AUTHORS POV*

The sun shone onto Gerard's eyes, making them sparkle at the innocent expression on his face. His black hair fell over his forehead and partly fell down in-front of his eyes. His mouth slightly open. The excitement was still surging through the boys bodies as they waited to see if they were caught or not.

*GERARD'S POV*

I listened to their voices getting closer and held my breath when I saw their black shiny shoes in-front of the window. The window was at the ceiling but the roof was low since we were in the basement. I stood beside the window and listened to them speaking.

"Did we get them on CCTV?"

"No. We only caught the back of them as they ran through the doors."

"So they got away with it?"

"Well we remember what they look like. So as soon as one walks through the doors, we catch him and use him as bate for the other."

"What if they aren't together?"

"They'll notice they're friend is missing sooner or later, and I don't think they'll set foot in the mall for a while."

I sighed but the basement was echo, so it was loud, too loud.

"Did you hear that?"

"Yeah. It came from that basement."

I held my breath and dragged Mikey to the side of the window and pressed him against the wall. I stood beside him, right beside the window and forced myself against the wall. I saw a light shine into the large room and dart about. I followed the light with my eyes and saw loads of syringes. This place must have had drug users hide out in here. I waited until I saw sure the guards were gone before letting Mikey move. I peeked out carefully and no one was around. Not a soul.

I took Mikey's cell and put flash camera on for light. There were drug bottles off into the corners and syringes around but it wasn't too bad. I saw stairs at one side and led Mikey up. It led into a dark hallway. An abandoned kitchen to one side and a bathroom to the other. I checked out the bathroom. There was a razor beside the facet's and blood stained the basin. I raised an eyebrow and carried on down the corridor. I came to a lounge room. The couch was ripped up and shredded. I saw a knife sticking out of one of the shredded cushions and blood staining the handle.

I turned to look at my brother who was now white in the face and looked quite sick. He managed a small smile when I grinned at him. I went back to the kitchen and it seemed to be the only room that wasn't vandalized. Though there was graffiti on the table. I saw a light switch on the wall in the light of Mikey's cell phone. I tried it and to my surprise, it worked. The grungy light flickered on and gave us a kinda dim light. I pulled the bread and cheese from my pockets and set them on the table. I used the plastic bag of the bread to place the food on so it didn't have to touch the table.

I made two cheese sandwiches by hand and gave one to Mikey, which he seemed to just nibble at.

"What's up Mikes?" I asked watching him with concern. He just shrugged, looking around him warily. I gave him a concerned brotherly look and he relented.

"Look at us Gerard. Were in some drug house, eating food we stole from the grungiest building in America. I sighed and silently agreed with him. I rubbed his skinny arm comfortingly and we both finished our sandwiches.

We had become delinquents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = Love =]