Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Attack!

We crouched by the school gates. Waiting for Lee Peterson and the rest of the football team to enter the school. The last thing I needed now was to be beaten senseless by the jocks. As soon as they had we made our way slowly into the school building. St. John's high must have been the most boring building in the whole USA. I told Mikey too meet me on the stone steps near the swim practice pool at break and to watch out for himself, before leaving him at the door to his homeroom. I crept up the stairs to the second floor and into my homeroom. I saw pretty much my only friend, Ray Toro, sat back trying to chat up one of the girls who sat behind us. I sat beside him.

"Hey Gerard. What's up man?" Ray asked as I folded my arms on the table, rested my head on them and looked up at him.

"Not too much. You heard from that hot little number on Avenue street?" I sat up but lent on my elbow, pain shooting through my side again.

"Nope. Your in love Gerard ye?" I smiled as I thought about the newcomer in Ray's block.

"It's not my fault you always get really hot neighbors." I grinned and made him laugh.

I made it through first and second class, Science and Music, without meeting anyone who was planning to beat me up. Anytime soon anyway. I grabbed all my stuff as the bell rang and made a mad dash for the stone stairs before the bell even finished ringing. Mikey was already sat there. Legs crossed and an apple in hand.

"Hey bro. Come on. Were off." I pulled him up and we made a mad dash for the school gates. Just before we reached our blissful freedom, guess who pulled his blond hair out of the gutter. Lee Peterson.

"Hi Carter. Ready for that fight? Sorry. I mean, Are you ready go get your ass kicked." Both him and his 'friends' laughed like what he said was funny.

"I've already said. I don't wanna fight." I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my long black hair and dragged me back. He held me in place as he nodded at one of the other jocks. The other guy, built like a brick wall and had about as many brain cells, grabbed my arms and held them behind my back.

"Ready to get beaten to death emo?" He didn't know that what ever he did to me now, wouldn't be half as bad as what my father did to me this morning. Just as I recalled what happened mentally, a fist was thrust into my stomach, hard enough to make me sick, which I was. All down his jacket.

"You'll pay for that one emo freak!" He punched me repeatedly across the face, I could feel the skin on my lip burst and the blood ooze from it. I felt the cut on m eye re-open. My nose was bleeding and my shirt was all torn. But that was nothing to what he did next. He pulled a switch blade from the inside of his red and white jacket pocket and flip the blade up. He lifted my shirt to reveal the flesh on my stomach.

"Been working out have we Carter?" I could hear Mikey's muffled yells from behind me. The guy, Robert Davies, who was holding him had his hand over my little brothers mouth and a blade to his throat. I felt Peter's blade press against my abs and cut in. I screamed out in pain as Peter calved "Fuck Me!" Into my skin.

I felt the knife rip and tear at my skin. The pain was almost unbearable. It felt like he was cutting out any chance of a recovery.

The blood oozed over my pants and when my shirt was dropped, it was almost instantly stained with the words "Fuck Me!" In blood. I fell to the floor, tears streaming down my face and blood dripping everywhere. "Fucking emo." Peter muttered before having the guys drop us down. I curled up into a ball and sobbed as my blood stained the floor as well. Mikey crawled over to me and forced me onto my back. "I'll get the nurse." His voice was panicky and scared. I was too scared that the jocks would come back to care.

I felt like I had been laying still an eternity when the nurse arrived.

"Holy hell! We need an ambulance." She dialed 911 and the ambulance arrived quickly. I felt so sleepy all of a sudden. The paramedics turned their backs for a few seconds to ask Mikey what happened. When they did, Peter ran over and crouched down beside me.

"Lullaby and Goodnight emo kid." He whispered before rushing back. That's when everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. You guys rock. Comment are a way of telling me to continue so I do. But of course, only for the people who comment. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!