Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Run

I pulled her closer as she shivered in my arms. The water rippled around our shoulders as I kicked gently to keep us both afloat. The moonlight shimmied onto the seas smooth surface. We looked up at the stars and I swam us back to the shore. I pulled her onto the sandy beach and held her close. We lent back against the cliff and watched the shimmer on the seas surface. I sighed and let the coastal waves lap up onto the sand and wet our shoes. Our clothes were wet and cold but we were so involved in the moment that neither of us seemed to realize. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her between my legs with her back to me. She lent back against me as I wrapped my arms lovingly around her shoulders. I kissed along her neck and smiled against her skin as she sighed in contentment.

"I love you baby." I whispered calmly before kissing just below her ear.

"I love you too Gerard." She turned and kissed me softly before turning back

I smiled at this perfect moment. My love for Eliza grew and I felt myself missing her, even if she was only gone for a few minutes. We stayed like that all night. We did end up falling asleep like that. Only to awake with a beautiful sight hours later. The sun was just rising over the horizon. Eliza was standing on the edge of the water smiling at me. I pulled myself up and walked over to her. I snaked my arm around her waist and watched the sun rise together. The sun's warm rays warmed our skin and our now dry clothes. Our bags, that I had slung against the cliff were pressed together and both shook at my cell phone (Mikey's cell phone) started to ring. The misfits disturbed our peace. I knew someone wouldn't call unless it was an emergency.

It was a text. I read it out loud as the sun peaked and the beautiful illusion was almost over. The subject said it was for Mikey. But I was gonna read it first.

"Hey Mikey it's Frank. I wanna talk to you about Gerard. I miss him Mikes. I can feel my whole world crumbling around me. Without him I feel like I haven't got the strength to go on. I know I will. I want him back Mikey. I need him back. He did love me right? He always told me he did. I'm scared Mikey. After what you told me about Gerard, I'm scared for him. What if he goes too far? I will never get the chance to say goodbye. Tell him I still love him Mikey, despite everything. And his new girl must be the luckiest person on this planet. Of course, I love you too Mikes, bye. Frank xoxo" I sighed and looked at Eliza who was stood beside me with her soft, gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Take it Frank is your ex boyfriend?" She asked, re-reading the message to herself. I nodded and kissed her forehead to show I still loved her. I was about to put the phone away when it started to ring. I hoped to god it wasn't Frank because hearing his voice again would kill me.

"Hello?" I answered. I made sure my voice was slightly different in case it was Frank.

"I'm going to find you you little shit! No one runs away from me. Because of you little shits, your mothers dead. We know the area your in. Were gonna get you both." My throat closed up and my mouth was like the Sahara desert as my dad's voice rang through my ears.

"Dad!" I whispered fearfully.

"I'm gonna start with your little fagot boyfriend, do you here me bitch! Your boyfriend is gonna die!" My dad's rough, slurring voice rang out.

"I know where your brother is. I know he's in that drug house in New York. That's right. I know in the rough end of New York." Fear tore at my heart. My brother was in danger. Dad knew we had escaped to New York. I had to get back and get us away. I slammed the phone shut and threw it in my bag. Eliza was looking at me fearfully as she didn't under stand the situation. I rushed over and grabbed her hand, racing us back along the trail and through the thorns, again, I made sure they stayed away from her. We ran along the streets, our shoes pounding on the roads. We were losing our breath, but we carried on. I stopped and kissed Eliza's cheek, telling her to stay home until I was sure we were okay. She agreed but I had already continued to run down the back alleys and cobbled streets until I reached our abandoned lot. I scrambled down into the gap in the wooden boards. The sight of Bert jerking off greeted me, but I was used to it by now. I continued to race upstairs until I reached the attic and literally fell through the door. Mikey was curled up in a chair with a book on his lap.

"Gerard what the fuck dude?" He asked, jumping up and helping me to my feet. He thought I was drunk again but I lent against the wall to catch my breath that I lost ages ago.

"He's found us Mikey. He knows where we are. We have to escape and go somewhere else." The look on Mikey's face told me he though I was mad.

"Michael James Carter I'm not lying. I spent the night at the beach with Eliza to watch the sunset and sunrise and I got a call from dad. He knows where we are. He must have friends out here who have recognized us and followed us back here. He's coming for us Mikey I swear it. I've been out all night so you know I'm not stones or drunk. Please Mikey you gotta believe me."
♠ ♠ ♠
He yo guys. I'm sorry about the story going down hill a little bit, but these few chapters are just fillers. Before the story actually gets going.