Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

The Way

*MIKEY'S POV*

I scanned Gerard's panicked eyes for any signs of him being stoned or drunk, but there weren't any. He sighed in fear and annoyance of my lack of response. He tossed my cell phone at me and started to rush out of the room. He grabbed the door frame and lent back into the room.

"Call Frank. Warn him about dad. He's after him. Trying to get me home. Were getting away from here." He rushed off and I looked at the phone. I flicked through my messages and saw one from Frank. I read it throughly before calling him.

"Mikey? Hey did you get my message?" His shaky voice spoke into the phone. It sounded like he had just been crying.

"Frank! Pack and run." I said. I might as well just get to the point. I can't believe anyone, even my dad, would use Frank to scare us.

"Mikey what the fuck?" He sounded more worried and unsure. I sighed and decided to explain the whole thing to him, including what Gerard said about last night.

"Frank, our dad's after you. He's trying to get Gerard to come back home so he can kill him probably. He's using you to try and draw him back. I don't know how he found out about you guys but he called Gerard this morning while he was at the beach with Eliza. Dad knows where we are and he knows where you live. We think he's got friends out here who have followed us back to this fucking drug house were living in. Frank you gotta get away or he'll find you. He could kill you Frank." I could tell my voice was sounding desperate. I heard Frank's shallow and scared breath.

"Where the fuck am I supposed to go Mikes?" His voice was a whisper. I guess his mom or someone was nearby.

"Come out here. Were in the bad side of New York. Don't repeat that."

"I can't Mikey. I'll be okay Mikey. I gotta go. Tell Gerard I said hi. Bye." I sighed and gave in. At least he knew.

"Bye Frank." The phone beeped as he hung up. I closed my cell and pushed it into my pocket before going in search around the house for Gerard.

*THE DAD'S POV*

I sat back in the musty, ripped arm chair. I had slashed it last night as I went for my wife, Karen, with the knife and the stuffing was coming out. She whimpered in the corner, the pathetic sound annoying me. I jumped up and stalked over to her, my hands balled into fists. I towered above her as she covered her head with her arms. I brought my fists down on her with all the strength I could muster. She screamed out and whimpered loudly as I kicked and beat her. I pulled my belt from my pants and folded it in half and beat her repeatedly with the buckle end. She screamed out as the leather and metal pelted her skin. I stopped as soon as blood started to form on her top.

"Go clean yourself up. Fucking whore." I spat on her and stalked up to my bedroom. I pulled my knife and my pistol from my bedside draw. I was going after that little shit and I was gonna drag him back home and show him who's boss. No little brat runs away from me. Michael wasn't as bad but I still didn't like him much, though he was more use and more man that the emo fag. Thank fuck for Bert. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't know where the brats were. Bert was so easy to scare. I could get him to tell me who he lost his virginity to if I just put the gun to his head. I got it out of him that the little fagot was gay. Okay he was bi but he'd had a boyfriend and that makes him gay to me. I heard that slut I called a wife drag herself up the stairs as into the bathroom. I rushed down the stairs, blood stained the bare wooden stairs. Old and new.

"And you can fucking clean this up as well!" I yelled to her before slamming the door and climbing in my car. I wad gonna get those boys and drag their sorry asses home before ripping the emo apart. I'll give the young one a good beating. He was always useful to me.

*FRANK'S POV*

I rushed down the stairs and skidded into the kitchen were my mom was cooking lunch. She shook her head and I skidded into the wall and knocked myself backwards. My fault for wearing socks on a smooth, polished floor.

"Mom. This guys after me. Mikey called and warned me. Mom this guy can kill me. He's using me to get to G-Gerard." I stuttered over his name but got it out quite well. My mom raised her eyebrows at me and set lunch on the table.

"Frank what are you on about?" She looked at me confused. Obviously thinking I was just messing around or my over active imagination was kicking in again.

"Mikey's dad beat the hell out of them mom. That's why they were living with Ray down the street. They ran away didn't they? Cause there were people after them. Their dad knows who I am and he's gonna try and get me to get to him. To try and get them back he WILL hurt me. Mom I'm not lying. I'm being serious. Mom...I have to get away." Mom looked at me like I'd just told her I hated skittles. I tried to get through to her. My mom usually believes me but I know this was a big deal.

"Don't worry honey. You'll be safe here. You've got your little Guardian angel to watch over you." She said calmly as Guardian walked in and licked my hand. My young husky always knew when there was something wrong. I knelt down and hugged her. She smelled like conditioner. I only bathed her a couple of hours ago. I like bathing her and using the blow dryer to dry her fur. The white and cream fur shone like the moon making her glow, like and angel. I kissed her wet pink nose and nodded.

"Yeah. My baby will take care of me wont you girl." I smiled as she barked her reply. My mom laughed and ruffled her fur before she set out lunch.I'm sure I would be safe here.

*GERARD'S POV*

I raced over to Eliza's, my eyes everywhere looking out for a familiar car or a suspicious face, but I was quite alone. I shot through the garage and up to her bedroom door, banging on it furiously. Eric opened and smiled at me.

"Hey dude. She's through here." He stood back and let me in.I raced up to Eliza, who was sat on her bed with a concerned expression. Probably cause I could barely breath as I had run all the way here.

"Eliza, have you got a duffel bag or anything like that?" She must have heard the desperation in my voice cause she pulled a big bag from under her bed. I kissed her quickly in thanks before rushing back out.I'd explain to her later. I wasn't gonna ditch her and leave. We just needed to hide out somewhere. Oh god who is it that knows where we are? I raced full speed back to the drug house and through myself through the wooden hole ans skidded across the room back up to the library where Mikey was pulling some books from the shelves. I threw them into the bag and pulled him back downstairs. I pulled out everything that was ours in the basement and stuffed it into the bag. I also hid a bottle of vodka in there and climbed back though the broken gap and helped Mikey by pulling him up.

"Gerard, where are we going? And where did you get that bag?" Mikey asked and we raced, together, at a matching pace, down the street. We didn't want the risk of been seen by walking so we raced around the streets. Bert was passed out when we left so he didn't even know we were gone, let alone know where we were. We were soon in unfamiliar surroundings. It was like down town New York. We had come from a place that was like the down town to this place, so we had come from a bad area. I stopped as I came across an orphanage. I raised my eye brows and read the sign.

"Orphanage? Oh how original." I led Mikey to the front doors. It was all musky and unfriendly inside. There was an elderly skinny women behind desk with a cigarette between her lips. She looked at us suspiciously as we walked in.

"Hi. I'm Cale, this is my brother Jason, we've been living on the streets for weeks now and we were wondering if...maybe...you could offer us a place to sleep?" I asked nervously. I changed our names so if she was anything to do with my dad, she wouldn't know who we were. She gave us he dirtiest look ever.

"Pf ft, You think I'm going to believe that shit? You think you can screw me over just like that? Well you can't. Fuck off!" She pointed to the door and kicked us out. So we carried on. Turns out there were a lot of care homes and orphanages around here. We looked at a few, but all of them looked like the first. Full of doom, misery, and neglect. All except one.

"The Way. Hey Mikey look. Maybe we can stay here for a while." Mikey followed me through the front doors. It was cheerful inside. I expected it to be all doom and gloom but the walls were painted sky blue with clouds and the sun and other things that you see in the sky. I saw a desk in the corner. The desk was bright yellow with bees painted on the front. There was a little bell that I pressed. I laughed as I heard The Tweenies start to play from the little bell. A blond haired women came out of an office behind the desk and greeted us.

"Hi I'm Donna Way I own this mad house. What can I do for you." She grinned at us. She seemed a very friendly women. I suddenly felt nervous. What if she rejects us and turns us out onto the street again and my dad finds us?

"Um hi...I'm Cale...and this is my brother Jason. I'm 15 and he's 12. Um...this may be hard to believe but I'm not lying. Our dad beat us and I was attacked so we ran away from home. We lived with our friend for a while before I was attacked by someone else, so we ran away. We've been living on the streets for about two weeks now and was just wondering..if this place could offer us shelter?" I bit my bottom lip and watched her nervously waiting for an answer. Our dad would never think to look for us here and Bert would never find us in a care home. This women...Donna she told us, looked to the side, seemingly deep in thought.

"Come with me." She finally spoke and led us up three flights of stairs. The stairs were carpeted with padded rails on the side, for the younger ones who stayed here. She led us into an empty dorm. There were three well made beds with iron frames and head boards. Sure, the beds weren't the most expensive on the market, but they were certainly clean, comfy and the room was well cared for. The sheets were pure white with bees on. The walls were a sky blue and there were four windows in this room. It was really child friendly.

"Listen guys, you seem really truthful and trustworthy, so I'm going to let you board here on one condition." Me and Mikey nodded and listened to her.

"You help out around here. We'll pay you for the work and you can sleep up here. There's only one other kid up here and that's Rachael, she's thirteen years old but she's quite and shy so maybe you could make sure she's okay before you go to sleep and stuff like that. One thing though, she has a problem with nightmares. So if she wakes up crying in the night, you may have to calm her down. She's rewarding though. If you can cope with that, your welcome to stay here as long as you wish." We accepted the terms gratefully and let her lead us down into the dining room, where the kids were all eating lunch. The oldest child their must have been about 14. He was chubby and had floppy ginger hair. His eyes were a brilliant bright green and he seemed secluded. The youngest was around three. He was small with spiky blond hair and blue eyes. Very cute in my opinion.

Donna introduced us to the rest of the kids one by one.

"Okay Cale, this is Peter, he's three and is very energetic." The little blond boy.

"This is Sara. She's five. She's very helpful to have around." Sara had olive skin and black hair with dark brown eyes. I smiled at her and received a shy little smile in return.

"This is Danny. He's six and pretty much silent." His long brown hair fell over his forehead and he kept his eyes to his lunch.

"These are the twins Carlee and Lorianne. They're nine. Carlee is very loud and Lorianne is always trying to keep her under control." They were identical twins. Both had dark blond hair and dark blue eyes. Both really pretty and slim.

"This is Aidan. He's 10 and is a bit boisterous and a bit of a bully." He had spiky brown hair was was a little chubby. He did look tough and a little mean.

"This is Mark. He's playful and smart and has a good sense of humor. He's a pretty good kid." He had plain brown hair and hazel eyes, just a little darker than mine. He was average weight and average height.

"This is Alex, he's 14 and is very sporty." He was blond with bright blue eyes. He had an athletic build looked quite strong.

"This is Ben. He's also 14 and is a little on the quite side." The chubby ginger boy.

"And this...is Rachael." She was really gorgeous. She has layered black hair that fell to her shoulders and her fringe over her right eye. She had sparkly blue eyes and she was wearing dark clothes. I saw her jump and saw Aidan kick her under that table. He looked at me and away again when he saw he had been seen. Rachael glanced at us then away again but her eyes lingered on me for a few seconds before hand.

Donna invited us to lunch and fed us before giving us a tour of the whole building. What a cheerful place.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. A fucking huge chapter to make up for not updating yesterday. I'm sorry about that guys. Forgive me. Anyway, the catch to the orphanage was The Way. Donna's surname and as in The Way to go in life. Meaning it's a good place. I know its not great but hey, it goes =].
Fuck sincerely...B.O.D xoxo