Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Shut Up Frank!

*GERARD'S POV*

By the looks of it I would be the carer and Mikey would just be one of the kids, since he wasn't even a teenager yet. I stood beside the bed in the corner of our new room. Work started tomorrow so we'd come up to sorry our bag out. Donna said she'd wash our clothes for us and give me a uniform to wear wear tomorrow. Mikey was sat on the bottom of another bed. I'm sure he was texting but I was busy so I didn't question. I pulled the ragged and filthy clothes from the bag Eliza had loaned me and threw them down the laundry shoot that was built into the back wall. I'm guessing the shoot when to the laundry room in the basement. I hid the bottle of vodka under the pillow of the bottom bunk. I claimed it as my bed. This room had it's own bathroom. So the three of us, meaning me, Mikey and Rachael would be sharing that room. I looked around and it was quite clear which bed Rachael occupies. There were posters up above the third bed in the room and a black bag underneath. There was a carving in the wall saying her name which, by the looks of it, she had done herself. There was a black teddy bear with a dog collar on. It was resting back against her fluffy pillow. I turned away and sat on my new bed when I heard foot steps coming up to the room.

Mikey looked up and smiled as Rachael entered the room. She kept her head down as she made her way swiftly over to her bed. She glanced up at me and flushed red when she caught my eye.

"Hey Rachael. I'm G...Cale and this is my brother Jason. You okay?" She nodded and sized me up.

"What you here for?" Her voice was soft and quite, like she hadn't used it in a while.

"Been living the streets after running away from home. You?" She seemed to consider telling us and Mikey kept looking between us.

"Same. Mom kicked me out of the house after almost killing me and I took my anger out on thing like shop windows. Then I was taken into care because I refused to tell them my address." I stood and moved to crouch in front of her. Her expression was blank as she looked down at me. I wanted to befriend this lonely kid. She was obviously the sort of kid to let the shit come at her and not sat anything about it.

"I know we've just met but if you ever wanna talk I'm here okay?" She nodded at me and a ghost of a smile came to her lips. I kissed her forehead and made my way to the bathroom. I had found eye liner in the bag and desperately wanted another shower. I turned the hot water on and stripped. I shivered as I waited for the water to warm up. I locked the door and hopped into the shower cubicle and let the warm water rush over my cold skin. I traced the words still calved into my stomach with my finger tips as it glowed red in the hot water. I had managed to wash and condition my hair along with myself as a piece of paper was slid under the door.

I turned the water off and got out to see. I was too curious for my own good. I read the note out loud. It was from Mikey.

"Rachael's hurt!" I grabbed the towel and rushed out of the bathroom into the dorm with only the towel wrapped around my waist and I was still dripping wet. I stopped dead at Mikey and Rachael's fits of hysterical laughter. I blushed deeply but shrugged it off.

"If you both wanted to see me naked, you could've just asked." I winked at them and pulled the clothes Eliza's brother Eric and given me, since I didn't have any clean. I could hear Donna's footsteps on the stairs before she knocked on the dorms door and came in. Rachael's smile faded, but not before Donna had seen it. She nodded for me to follow her so I did.

"I haven't seen that girl smile all the while she's been here. I've heard her talk once and that was two years ago when she first got here. You've been here an hour and I've heard her laughing and talking. You must be something special." I glowed with pride.

"Well. We've been through a lot of the same stuff. I guess maybe she trusts us." I couldn't help my smile. Donna smiled back and hugged me. Her perfume smelled nice.

"Tell those two dinner will be ready soon."I nodded and watched her go back downstairs before going back into the dorm. Rachael and Mikey were st on their own beds but were talking.

"Nice ass Gerard. Took guts to change in front of us." I smiled at Rachael and shrugged.

"Nothings Mikey hasn't got. Except the scars and more size." I grinned and Rachael laughed. Mikey on the other hand avoided all eye contact and flushed red but he was still grinning. After I used the towel to dry my hair I threw myself down on the bed and listened to Rachael and Mikey talking.

*FRANK'S POV*

I sighed and sat at the booth in the coffee shop, I sipped at the hot drink miserably.

"Frank?" I spud round and smiled as Cody walked over to me. I grinned and couldn't help myself checking her out. She had on a pair of dark green camp jeans and a pink camouflage top. Her dark hair hair was in a loose pony tail and she had red chuck Taylors on. I moved up and let her slide in next to me.

"What's up Frank? Where's Gerard?" She was looking around as if Gerard was going to come out of the toilets. I sighed deeply and looked at her.

"He's gone. Him and Mikey disappeared a couple of weeks ago and he moved on. He's got a girlfriend called Eliza and he's fucked her and everything. I feel so broken Cody." I let a few tears slip and let her pull me in and hug me. She smelled like vanilla latte. I stopped crying quickly.

"Oh Frankie don't cry Hon. You'll find someone who can treat you right and be there for you." I pulled away and looked at her.

'Someone like you' I thought to myself. Shut up Frank. She smiled and showed her perfect pearly white teeth.

"Come on, you can hang with us for a while." I finished my drink and took her outstretched hand. I saw the identical twin boys we saw before smoking outside the coffee house. Just Marlboro Reds.

"Hey Rhyland, Jayde, this is Frank. Gerard's gone off." Both boys grinned their greetings and I heard them cursing Gerard under their breath. Cody still had hold of my hand and it made butterflies dance in my stomach. Stop it Frank!

I felt her hand slip from mine as her phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out and gasped at the caller ID. She stepped away from us so we couldn't hear her conversation.

*GERARD'S POV*

"Cody! For God's sake don't hang up. You heard from Frank?" I waited anxiously for her answer.

"Yes. He's with me now. How the fuck could you do that Gerard? You just got some other girl just like that and...No you know what. Forget it. Don't answer. I don't care. I wanna talk to to. It's about Frank. Call me later. Bye" Wow. A little abrupt Cody.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are love. Valentines day is close =] Love much, B.O.D xoxo