Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Every Night In My Dreams

"You could have gotten into serious trouble. You didn't have to you know. I know you knew the answer." I smiled down at Rachael. I hugged her and led her up to science, our next class before lunch. I sat at the desk one from the back. Rachael and Eliza sat at the back and me and Mikey sat in front of them. There was a row of double desks down both sides of the room. The desks attached to the wall at one end. A boy who was sat at the back on the opposite side kept spinning in his chair. His face and curly brown hair was just a blur. I felt dizzy watching him so I looked away before he stopped.

"Gerard, what if he gave you a detention. Not the best start to-"

"Rachael! Chill out sugar. I'd take a detention for any of you. Never let them take you alive sugar. And for the record, sitting in the school office just to avoid gym isn't the best start either." She shot me that cute little grin again and sat back.

"Well, thanks Gerard." I shrugged and started talking to them all.

"We should do something this weekend. Is there a movie theater around here? Or a...anything?" I licked my bottom lip and waited.

"Yeah there's a-"

"Rachael sit properly and shut up, Gerard and Mikey turn around, Mr. Ortiz stop spinning!" I saw the curly haired boy slow down but I turned back to the front. The teacher gave me and Mikey a science book. It was lime green and had three printed lines. He gave us a pen, pencil and a smile before moving back to the front. I wrote my name on the front but nothing else, I didn't know our teachers name yet. I felt someone tap my shoulder and turned. Rachael held her book out to me. I smiled gratefully and copied Mr. Ceres's' name down, along with our group. 10A1 top set. I raised my eyebrows briefly impressed. I'm not too bad with science but I knew Mikey would struggle a lot, since he was supposed to be starting middle school but Donna had somehow got him in high school. I'd help him. Do his homework if need be.

Mr. Ceres's was going on about the periodic table, I already knew this, why were we going through this again? I asked Eliza just that, and she laughed and told me that the groups were based on knowledge, not by age. As it happens I was in Eliza's homeroom but Rachael was in with kids her own age. Since she was two years younger than me. We had chosen to tell people our real names after Mikey had spilled mine the first day in The Way. Donna was understanding about why we didn't wanna say but we were sure dad wouldn't be there after school, after all he couldn't get us if we were on a school bus and with other kids. I sighed and dreamed that class away. He was only making us memorize the periodic table, since I already knew it, why bother, so I just day dreamed all lesson.

I was more that a little relieved when the bell rang for lunch. I followed Eliza and Rachael to the office. Rachael asked Joyce if we could go to the cafe down the road for lunch, of course, Joyce said yes and let us go. The cafe was warm. The smell of coffee lingered in the air. Donna had given me, Mikey and Rachael lunch money and Eliza got money from her parents. I ordered a portion of french fries with a medium coffee, Mikey got a large coffee with a hot dog, Rachael asked for a sausage samich with a coke zero and Eliza got chicken dippers and french fries.

Hungrily we devoured it, and sadly had to drag our asses back to school were Joyce greeted us before we dragged ourselves to homeroom. I sat with Eliza at the front. She was sat on my lap with my arms around her waist. I kissed her tenderly, letting her tongue massage mine slowly. I sighed in contentment as I felt her arms snake around my waist. Someone made themselves known by clearing their throat and we broke apart. A tall boy with emo-ish black/blue hair sat on the desk in front of us. He had an amused look on his face. His eyes seemed to be purple to me. Whatever. I thought he looked good.

"Oh hey Coop what's up?" Eliza smiled. He winked at me and I grinned.

"Not much. About that art project, mine or yours?" Eliza thought for a moment.

"Yours. That way if we get clay on the carpet, it's yours getting stained not mine." She smiled innocently at him. He laughed and shook his head, but accepted. He went to sit at the back of the class with some other of Eliza's friends. Mikey was lent forward with his arms on the desk and his head on his arms. I think he was asleep. I chuckled to myself and turned to the front of the class. A friendly looking man, who I'm guessing was our home room teacher.

"He ya kiddie winks you okay?" This man said to us. He had pure white hair with kind blue eyes and a cheery face.

"YO! Mr. Whitaker! How's it going!" Eliza called grinning. The man, Mr. Whitaker laughed and hi fived Eliza. After spending registration with him, we realized he was a bit of a push over but he was respectable. We only had to endure an hour of history before we were allowed home. The bus ride home wasn't anything special either. A day without homework...well except the art assignment, but that meant we could start on it straight away. I took a deep breath. I didn't want Rachael to see I was nervous. I wanted to draw her perfectly, every detail. To show her how beautiful she was. I explained to Mikey that we need time alone for the assignment and he was cool, he was going over to Max's anyway to do theirs. I led Rachael to our dorm and locked the door.

"Okay, if you go in the bathroom and get ready, I'll sort the stuff ready." I tried to sound confident but I'm sure she could see my hands shaking. She took a deep breath and made her way to the bathroom.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." I heard her mutter before she made her way to strip off. I pulled my sketch book from my school bag and my pencil set from my few possessions. I used a piece of smooth wood that was under my bed for something to lean on. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my shaking hands when I heard the bathroom door unlock. I turned around and shook my head grinning. She was wearing a towel. Stubborn or what.

"What? I ain't stripping completely. You ain't drawing yet." I laughed as she sat on the bed next to the one I was sat on. I smiled at her and got her positioned, just like on the titanic, but I let her leave the towel on, for now. She had on a necklace I had seen earlier. It said her name in gold letters, it was really nice. I sat at the side of her on the same bed and positioned her so the pose was right, and she was comfy enough to lie still for an hour or so. I lent over her to pick up my eraser and felt, and heard, her breathing go all weired.

"You okay sugar?" I asked concerned. She looked really scared.

"No. I can't do this Gerard." I sighed and stroked her cheek lightly.

"Sure you can. I bet your beautiful." I smiled at her but she still looked panicked.

"What will calm you down?" I watched her.

"I dunno." I looked down at her. Ever so slightly biting my lip. Take the plunge Gerard. I lent down and kissed her, half expecting her to slap me and never speak to me again,but she didn't, she kissed back, and that encouraged me to keep going. I slid my hand from her shoulder to the top of the towel, unfastening it easily and opening it slowly, moving myself on top of her so she wouldn't feel as self conscious. I opened the towel fully and slid if from under her, throwing it to one side. I know I should have broke the kiss then and began drawing her, but I was too wrapped up. I slid my tongue into her mouth and ground down on her, making her moan. That's when I knew to stop it.

"Now will you stay still." I grinned at her and sat back on my bed, but not before admiring her. She was GORGEOUS! She was sexy and toned and every bump and curve was perfect. I sat down and pulled the wood over my lap to cover my little friend. Rachael had gone bright red and she was shaking, but she needn't have done. I put the pencil to paper and I began.