Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

The Photos

Everyone stepped out of the room, leaving me and Eliza alone. Mikey had told her I was in hospital three hours ago and, after saying she was gonna be right there, she stumbles in three hours later with messy hair and her make-up a little smudged. I was leaning back in my pillows that Helena had propped up for me, staring her down. She didn't know I knew about Cooper, leaving her to act the way she usually does.

"Why did you do it?" I asked her plainly, no show of emotion in my eyes. Fear flashed through hers but she quickly got over it, sitting beside me on the bed.

"Do what Gerard?" Why couldn't she just tell me, lying just made it all the worse.

"Cheat on me. Why did you do it Eliza? I loved you." I made my voice sound, higher, and child-like. She looked away looking really guilty.

"I'm sorry Gerard. Cooper is actually here now. He's outside the door." I jumped (extremely painfully) from the bed and staggered to the door. I grinned at my brother who had him pinned to the wall by his neck, just like he did with Bert when he'd gotten Eliza.

"I've got him, you deal with Eliza." I would have laughed if the situation wasn't so...un laughable. Donna, Helena and Rachael were just sat there pretending nothing was happening. Just talking so casual. I turned back to Eliza and closed my room door behind me. But Eliza pushed past me and into the hall way, wrenching Mikey off Cooper and dragging him down the hall.

"WERE OVER GERARD!" She screamed down the hall. Now I couldn't help but laugh. Did she not get that before? I was gonna say something but thought against it.

"Hey Carter! Why don't you just keep these?" Cooper threw a small plastic bag at me and walked out, Eliza at arm, though she did glance back apologetically. I caught the bag and looked at its contents. I only saw the back of photographs. I stumbled my way painfully back to my hospital bed and everyone followed me back in. Rachael went to sit on the chair but I pulled her onto the bed with me, she didn't complain, just grinned at me. Helena nodded to the bag, which contained the unlooked at photographs. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see them or not. I pushed them under my pillow and Helena nodded in understanding.

"To say you just lost your girl, you don't seem phased Gerard." Rachael said while licking an ice cream that she must have gotten while she was out of the room, apparently the hospital cafe was only down the hall. She held it out so I could take a lick before answering her. Mm vanilla. I licked my lips and she giggled before going back to her frozen treat.

"I'm not. I guess I didn't love her, I did like her though. Meh I don't give a fuck." I sat right back and sighed. Helena rubbed my arm as a sign of comfort, but I really wasn't that bothered. I was single to flirt and do what the hell I wanted. I don't think I want a girl for a while, or a guy for that. I smiled in contentment and placed my hands behind my head. I was still in pain from my stomach but the nurse came before I could complain.

"Right, how you holding up?" She smiled at me, but not the warm motherly smile Helena once gave me when I was at the hospital she worked at. It was more like she couldn't stand to be in here with us, but she had to smile or she'd lose her job. I shrugged and told her it hurts a lot but it's better than it was. She just hummed in brief acknowledgment and I laughed at the look on Helena's face. She was completely mocking her. I don't think she intended anyone to see her, but I always looked to her for comfort and this women was prodding my stomach and it hurt a bitch. I whimpered and Rachael laced her fingers with mine, squeezing my hand softly, letting me know we were in this together, while she held her ice cream out for me again, which I happily accepted a lick again. I cried out as she started to re-dress it again, catching the fresh stitching. I bit my lip and whimpered to hold back screams. After she had finished, she smiled genuinely at me.

"You did well. We'll give your mom fresh dressing and you should be allowed to go soon, it wasn't as bad as it looked. Now that drug is out of your system, it should heal better and be a little less painful, but it will hurt I can assure you." Way to calm me down bitch. I glared at her momentarily and heard Rachael snicker beside me.

"You might be in over night. You can only have two over-night visitors. I'll go get rid of these." She indicated to the bandages and walked out of the room.

"You two can stay, I've got an orphanage to run and it's not fair for duke to take care of those kids. And Helena's got a job to get back to. Goodnight. Get well." Donne kissed each of our foreheads and Helena gave us all a hug. As soon as they walked out, we cheered and hi-fived. A night of just us. There wasn't another single person in this ward. It was about 11 at night and we should be getting to sleep, but curiosity over whelmed us all as we pulled the photos out from under my pillow. There was about six photos in the bag as I pulled them out and flipped them over. I furrowed my brows at the first one. It was just Eliza and Cooper sat on the bed with their art project in front of them, Eliza had taken the picture at arms length.

My breath caught up in my throat at the second. Eliza was on her knees in front of a naked Cooper who was sat on the edge of the bed. Bet you'll never guess what they're doing. The third made tears well in my eyes. Cooper pretty much returning the favor. The next three were of them having sex. By the sixth I was crying. I was actually crying over this. Rachael pulled me into her and hugged me. I tried to keep my emotions under control, but something about her gentle touch made me forget everything else and focus on why I was crying.

I calmed quickly and pulled away, wiping any stray tears. Mikey had moved the photos so they couldn't be seen (He'd thrown them from the window. We were on the third floor).

"Hey you guys, what do you wanna be when your older?" Rachael asked out of the blue. I had never really though about it.

"A comic book writer, or a children's book writer, you?"

"I dunno, haven't ever though about it." Mikey seemed to consider before shrugging his shoulders.

"I wanna be a rock star!" Rachael said happily. Rachael Lockhart, rock star. Couldn't see the name in the rock charts on Kerrang, but she was an unpredictable girl. I liked music, so maybe I could be a lyricist. Or maybe the band I was in would get somewhere eventually. But I doubt it. Matt wasn't a great drummer, but he was okay for a kids underground band. I sighed as we all lay back. Rachael was on the bed with me, her arm draped over me waist with mine around her. Mikey was on a little camp bed the hospital provided. I sighed and stared at the ceiling, I wonder what Frank was doing.

*FRANK'S POV*

I sighed and stared at the ceiling. I wonder what Gerard was doing. I hope he was okay with Eliza so-and-so. Guardian crawled up my bed and lay across my chest, this had been a regular thing since the night I found out about Gerard. I petted her soft and silky fur gently as she licked my hand. One thing about a dog, you've got a friend for life, no matter what happens alone the way, one act of kindness at the beginning, a dog will love you forever. And I loved my Guardian so much. She seemed to glow with love.

"He ya baby girl. How's my little Guardian angel?" I whispered to her. I had my bedside lamp on. Another thing that had change since Gerard left, I had developed a fear of the dark and I hated been left alone. I knew it was just me been paranoid, but every time someone left, I always panicked thinking that they were never coming back and they would stop loving or caring for me. Guardian never left me while I was home. At school I stuck to friends like glue. Either my mom or Grandpa would call me through the day to make sure I was alright and if they were going out, they would let me know so I didn't get as panicky if I came home to an empty house. The first time I did, I had a mini panic attack. This is what love can do to you.

I lifted my quilt up and Guardian crawled under with me. She even lay her head on my pillow as I stroked her absent-minded. She always made sure I was asleep before she fell asleep. She always fell asleep after me, this was nothing new, but it was more frequent. She knew something was wrong. I wasn't as bubbly and lively anymore. I didn't even slide down the railing on the stairs anymore. I hadn't been in trouble in months and I didn't bound around the house in a hunt for coffee anymore either. Instead I slumped down the stairs, dragging my feet everywhere. I was quite and secluded, and I hadn't eaten a single skittle in ages. I turned so I was side by side with my dog, my arm draped over her. She licked my arm every so often to tell me she was still watching over me and wouldn't leave me. I opened my dead, light less hazel eyes to her sparkly blue ones. I loved my puppy. I slid my fingers under her icy blue collar and rubbed her neck. I undid her collar and took it off, leaving her free to sleep comfortably and without me worrying about getting my fingers caught and choking her.

That's another thing. I had become so careful and wary about things I never even though about. I wouldn't even climb on a wall. Me and Cody didn't last. Were still good friends but I just couldn't date. I thought if Gerard could get over me so easy I could too, but hey, three months later, a stone lighter and twice as skinny, and I still wasn't over it. I had lost my appetite. I ate cause mom made me. But I was never hungry.

I sighed again and closed my eyes, feeling Guardian's breathing on my face. I slowly let sleep engulf me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please =] Love you all. B.O.D xoxo