Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Oh How Wrong We Were

"Rachael, Gerard, Mikey. Come on guys wake up. Someones here." We were still excited as we rolled (literally) off the bed. I was downstairs first, in just my pajama pants. There was a friendly looking man, graying with blue eyes and a sturdy frame, and a typical, motherly looking women. She had faded blue jeans and a sweater on. Her dark blond hair was tied back into a messy ponytail and both looked eager and as excited as we did. I heard light foot steps on the stairs as Rachael approached and stood by my side. She seemed more nervous that anything now, but both people smiled encouragingly at her. I could tell just by looking at Rachael that she wanted nothing more than a hug from these people, but was too scared to do the first move. All my thoughts were confirmed as the man held his arms out to her and she went running to him. I smiled at the sight and jumped slightly as my new mom wrapped her arms around my shoulders and kissed my cheek. This must have been the happiest sight I had ever seen. Finally we had a family who loved us.

Rachael's new parents invited us all around for a cup of coffee and to see the stables. Naturally, all three of us raced upstairs to get ready. Donna had to go back to the orphanage but Helena offered to come with us. Me and Rachael changed in front each other, nothing new, but Mikey went to his new room, beside mine. Well one over, my room was beside a closet then it was Mikey's room. I couldn't help but watch as Rachael pulled her jeans over her perfect legs. I bit my lip and shook my head as I laid back on my bed with my arm over my eyes, but that didn't block my perfect view of Rachael. She jumped on me when she was ready, a huge grin plastered on her pretty face. She kissed my cheek and sat on my stomach. I rested my hands on her legs to keep her still.

"I've got a new family. And my new mom said I could pick my favorite horse all for my own!" I grinned up at her and moved my hands to behind my head. She smiled and glanced quickly at the closed door. I followed her gaze and then back at her. My heart rate increased as she pressed her lips against mine briefly. I kissed back just as soft before she pulled away smiling softly. I smiled back and she jumped off me, pulling me with her by my wrist. Her mom and dad and my grandma Helena were already at the door waiting for us. The grinned as we approached. Mikey was already situated in the car, which we gasped at. A Rolls Royce 100EX. This car must have cost a fortune. Rachael had a rich family...whoa. I could identify this area better by daylight. I gasped when I realized where I was. We were back in New Jersey. Luckily, not close enough to our old place to worry about it.

The HUGE car rolled smoothly down the streets. Rachael was looking out for any sign of her new home. When the car pulled up, our jaws dropped. The house was MASSIVE. Whoa these people were loaded. ( http://www.dreamhomedesignusa.com/jpegs/Mansion%20eclectic.jpg ) The car drove up the curving driveway and to the front door where we eagerly scrambled out of the car. Her dad unlocked the door and led us in. We walked slowly, taking the the sights in. The living room was gorgeous. The furniture, the ceiling and the carpet were cream, but the walls were black. We didn't dwell there, Rachael was eager for this horse. Her mom led us through the grand halls and out into the courtyard at the back, leading to the stables. Hard to believe this place was in Jersey. Finally we reached the stables. There were about 20 stalls and most had horses in, except two where there were two donkeys.

"Take your pick Rachael." Her mom said smiling. Rachael was frozen for a while, but soon I felt her soft hands grip my wrist and pull me with her as she inspected every horse. All the stalls had name plaques on. The first one was a small, white Shetland, so she didn't pick her. She was cute. Her name was Pickle. Soon my head was swimming with names. Pickle, Chance, Dusty, PJ, Feather, Lacy, Bullfinch, Victor, Harry, Jacob, Quentin, Peanut, Daisy, Fletcher, Bubbles, Shadow, and Johnny. The Donkey's names were Bonnie and Clyde. I couldn't keep up. Finally, one seemed to catch her eye. He was a big dapple Grey with a white blaze. He had shiny brown eyes and was very attractive. He was the only dapple Grey amongst many bays and browns and blacks and whites and chestnuts. He whickered softly and nuzzled her. She jumped as her mom's hand fell on her shoulder.

"You like him?"

"Yeah. He's gorgeous." Rachael stroked his neck gently as the horse whickered occasionally.

"He's yours if you want him. Young Puzzle here needs a little more care. He's like the family out cast." I saw Rachael give the horse an understanding look and hug him. She asked if she could ride him and took his saddle and bridle from the saddle horse and rack in the small red barn used as a tack room. After saddling him up quickly, her mom took her to the sand ring and let her ride. Me and Mikey stood on the sides watching and cheering her on. We weren't really horse people. We did, however, notice the chocolate Labrador wandering around the field. I watched him racing around, chasing any bird that came near the field.

"Cute isn't she." I spun around to see a boy, around my age leaning back against the barn. I smiled and nodded. He was a typical stable hand. He had denim dungarees on with one strap open and a flat peaked cap on. He had big green rubber wellies over his feet to avoid the mud of the fields. He had a baby face with light blue eyes. I nodded and watched suspiciously as he came closer and lent forward against the wooden fence we were at.

"Her names Choco. She's mine but Mrs. Alexander let me bring her here everyday to watch the fields and patrol the stables etcetera." I listened to him, but had lost interest. I was watching the way Rachael rode. The way she rose and fell with every trot, and her perfect balance as she cantered. I smiled and watched the joy in her eyes. Mikey had struck a conversation up with the stable boy. He was called Jake. Very original.

A flushed but happy looking Rachael soon came rushing towards us grinning as her mom put her horse away.

"THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!" She yelled. We explored her house, the grounds, and already we had found several secret passages leading into her room, the basement and the kitchen. We soon had to leave though and leave Rachael there with her new family. Not that she had objected much. Wow. This was like a happily ever after. For us anyway. Oh how wrong we were.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow. This story is now rated 5 STAR squeee I'm so happy.Half way there. While I'm still working on these fillers, the dilemma is powering away lol. The comments you guys are leaving are appreciated SO much. The boyfriend problems are over lol. And thanks for the sympathy lol. So, tell me what cha think of Rachael's new life?