Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

A New Cousin

*TIME ELAPSE*

"Gerard, Mikey! Come on hurry!" Helena called as we raced through the airport. Mikey and I were so interested and watched to watch the scanners checking the bags. Eventually dad had to grab our wrists and lead us onto this HUGE plane. I sat beside Helena and next to the window. Mikey was behind us with mom, and dad sat alone behind them and at the back so he could sleep. I watched all the men in bright green and orange coats that carried clip boards make checks on our plane. I kept grinning excitedly at Mikey between the seats. Finally, saftey checks were carried out and we were about to deport. My stomach flipped with excitement as the engines roared into life and the plane started moving backwards. I was grinning from ear to ear and shuffling around in my seat. Helena was laughing at my enthusiasm. I sat right back into my seat and reached my arm back to grab Mikey's hand as the plane got faster, and faster, AND FASTER! Speeding down the runway and the pressure pushing us back softly into our seats. I squeeled at the plane tilted and took off into the air. The pressure holding us back but I kept my grip on my brother's hand. My ears popped and my hearing went all funny as the plane climbed every fluffy white cloud.

I looked down and saw america slipping slowly away as we ascended into the skies. As the plane leveled out I looked down at saw our home country floating away below us. I squeezed Helena's arm as an Epiphiny washed over me. We were thousands of feet in the air. If anything happened to this plane, we would die. But I shrugged it off. I liked flying. Watching the sunrise hit the white clouds filled our eyes with a beautiful golden glow. It made it look like the clouds had a silvery gold lining. I sighed in contentment. Nothing could go wrong here, in England, nothing. Two weeks in England would make me miss Rachael, but I'll bring her back something nice. I was gonna miss my best friend. We've had four art lessons prior to the one where we were set the task. Ms. Diskin hasn't spoken to me, or commented on the art we've been handing in twice a week, she just takes it and goes off, my work never to be seen again. She calls my name in the class register, and then doesn't speak to me. Am I really that bad?

I knew I had fallen asleep as soon as I saw my reflection. The short blonde hair matted to my head with sweat. Mikey had lost his glasses and his hair was short and dark. He was still tall and skinny, but much taller than he is now. Again the blonde haired boy was there, I still didn't know him but he wasn't a bad looker and the way our huge froey friend Ray was talking to him and praising him, he seemed like a nice guy. Frank walked hurriedly past me and into the changing room, I whispered his name as the door closed, but didn't press anything. Mikey slapped me on the back.

"Great show. I can't believe how big this band is!" He grinned and cheered as he followed Frank into the changing rooms. Ray congradulated me and I did the same back, I had no idea why, but everyone else was doing it. My eyes widened in shock as Eliza ran towards me screaming. She threw her arms around me and kissed me hard on the lips.

"Well done baby, I'm so proud of you!" I grinned at her praise, I didn't want to, but I had no control over my body, then I saw the hint of gold. The ring with Eliza's name on it. That's it. Oh my fucking God! I'm engaged to Eliza!? Oh no way! I sighed and lent back against a makeup counter and watched her hug all the guys in turn. I took off the black jacket with the golden stripy things and wiped my bare, sweaty chest with a towel. I heard a whistle from the changing room door and saw Frank grinning at me. I could tell that grin was fake, but I seemed to be the only one who did, cause everyone else laughed. I gave him an apologetic look. He came out in just his boxers, (the bunks we were sleeping in were in the next room so I guess we were staying here tonight then). I couldn't help but watch him as he walked around pretty exposed. My breathing went all wiered and I felt my face get hot, but Frank didn't seem phased about been so exposed, so I guess it was a regular thing.

"Like what you see Gerard?" Mikey asked as he jogged past me, nudging me playfully. I flushed red as Frank caught me checking him out. He suddenly became self conscious and wrapped his arms around his waist protectively. I wanted to talk to him. I moved and sat on the couch beside the chair he was streched out in.

"Don't have to cover up for me Frankles. Nothing I havn't seen before." I winked, but added a serious note to my voice, though I whispered the last part. He gave me a look that seemed to ask why I was taumenting him so much. I instantly felt bad, but I wanted him to be comfortable around me, not all shy and awkward.

I jumped as the plane hit the runway and I was woken up from my dream. I messed my already messy black hair up even more and followed Helena out of the plane. I tried to turn back and get back on the plane as I was greeted with the cold air of the Leeds and Bradford airport. Dad handed me my sweater and I pulled it over me and thrust my hands in my jeans pockets. We went through the process of getting our bags before dad hired a car and drove us around Leeds.

"We'll be staying at your aunt's house. Her name is Karen. She has two sons, who wont be there. But her neice, and your cousin will be. Her names Laura but she hates that, so call her Loz. She's around your age so you should get along with her. If not too bad, your sharing a room with her." Dad grinned playfully at us in the rear view mirror. One thing I noticed about this car, the wheel was on the wrong side. How dare it be on the wrong side of the car! I waited until dad pulled up outside a job center and got out. I lent against the car and lit up a ciggy in secret. The rest of the family was at the other side talking a a blonde haired women. I kept taking puffs until the ciggy was gone and I flicked the butt away. Ahh I need that. The blonde women came around the car and shook my hand.

"You must be Gerard. I'm your aunt Karen and this is my neice, Loz." A girl, around my age, if but a little younger, bounded out of the job center, her shoulder length, layed black hair blowing behind her. I sized her up, figuring if she was friend or foe. I decided on friend as she lept to Karen's side and grinned happily at us.

"Hey. I'm Loz. You must me Gerard and Mikey. This is Tee, or Jodie, or Jode, or Avril JR what ever you feel like calling her." She pulled a quiter girl from the job center who had short brown hair with pink ends. Her muddy brown eyes matched her hair. She was shorter than Loz and seemed less happy to be here than she was. She seemed annoyed about something but I wasn't going to judge her yet. I was about to say something until Mikey did it for me.

"Hey! Yeah I'm Mikey and this is my brother. So your our cousin and roommate for the next two weeks? Awesome. Wow your energetic, and hyper, you on coffee or something?" I laughed to myself and listened quitely.

"Yeah! Coffee and skittles actually. Say hi Tee." Loz nudged her friend.

"Hi." Wow talkative much? I raised my eyebrows at her and decided she was foe. But Loz was okay. Karen gave her a key and let her lead me, Mikey and this Jodie kid over two main roads and to her, I mean, our, aunt's house. We were greeted by a hyper and enthusiastic little dog. A staffy. She was lovely, except her biting, but she was still young so it didn't hurt. She was attacking Loz more than the rest of us.

"This is Maisey, my puppy Frankie is at home, we can go see him some time huh?" The name struck me but we agreed.

More family to meet. A hyper girl to get into trouble with. A new friend slash cousin. I was loving this adopted by Donna and Donald thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?