Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

The Fight Continues

I fell to the floor as all the air was knocked from my lungs. I groaned and rolled onto my back. I used my arms to cover my head and face as they spat on me. I winced as a stooded sneaker sollided with my side.

"NO!" Loz yelled and tried to get to me but some other guy held her arms behind her back as another guy pounded her stomach repeatedly. I wanted to cry out and stop them, but I still hadn't got my breath back. I scrambled to my feet painfully and once again let my fist collide with his face, this time getting his jaw. Another crack sounded out as he spat out a mouthful of blood, all down my shirt. I jumped forward and wrapped my hands over his neck, forcing him to the floor while I keot one hand over his windpipe and the other beating the living snot out of him. The other two guys were struggling badly as they tried to keep a firm grip on my cousin. Eventually she managed to wriggle from their grasp, blood seeping from a deep cut above her eye and dripping off her chin, but she didn't seem to notice as she grabbed my arm and pulled me off the guy I was sat on and dragged me away, leaving all three with at least a bust nose or lip. She ran us both back to our aunt Karen's and into the kitchen, where my parents, Karen, and Carl were. Everyone's eyes widened and the dropped their drinks before rushin to us.

"What the hell happened?"

"Are you both alright?"

"Are you hurt anywhere else?"

"Laura why do you always get into these things?" I laughed at the last remark. She was grinning behind her long black fringe and looking rather pleased with herself. Carl patted her back and ruffled her hair.

"Just like me sugar." He laughed and handed us both a wet cloth to clean the dirt and blood from our face and hands. We were told to go upstairs to finish washing and get changed. I sat on the double bed, staring out of the window, wondering how Rachael was. I jumped as something landed beside me on the bed. I looked at the cordless phone Loz had thrown beside me. I gave her a curious look. She looked at me obviously.

"I know it's a girl. Call her." She winked at me and sat at the desk and turned the computer on. I grinned in her direction and pulled my new cell phone from my pocket and searched Rachael's number, typing it into the house phone when I found it. My stomach fluttered as each ring passed, finally I heard her voice on the other side.

"Gerard? Hi how are you? I'v missed you so much!" I grinned at her excited voice.

"Hey sugar. I'm fine. I'v missed you too. You alright?" Loz turned and smirked at me briefly before signing onto MSN on the computer.

"I'm fine. Just so bored. I'v been riding Puzzle allllllll day. It's 9 AM. I'v been up all night sat in the stable with Jake. He's soooo boring. He just talks endlessly about how he watched his parent's die. It's disturbing!" I laughed at her and heard her laugh back. I stood up and sat on the edge of the desk Loz was working at, listening to the things that had happened since I left america. Aparently, Miss Diskin hadn't really spoken to Rachael either. I loved hearing the sound of her voice, even though I wasn't dating her and she wasn't mine, I couldn't help but want us to be togther. Loz rolled her eyes at the love sick smile on my face. I grinned and put the phone on loud speaker.

"So what's been happening over there? How's your cousin, since you were so nervous about meeting her." I flushed red slightly as Loz laughed to herself.

"Be afraid, be very afraid." Loz taunted and rolled her eyes playfully. I flicked her ear and went back to my conversation.

"She's awesome. I'v been here for two weeks and I'v already been in two fights with her. Not against her. At the moment were both covered in blood and dirt. Not a lot of it ours either." Rachael laughed and I could almost see her shaking her head at us. I saw the guy Loz was talking to, both were on webcam and you could just see my knee. The boy who was on cam had longish brown hair, he wore his hat like I sometimes did. And he had a beautiful electric guitar across his knee. I talked to Rach for about half an hour, before blowing a kiss down the phone and hanging up. Loz grinned at me and I knew what was coming.

"Aww, kiss kiss Rachael. Mua mua." She laughed and typed something to the guitarist boy.

"Oh ha ha ha.Oh aye, and who's he?" I asked mockingly. She sat up straight and looked fake proud.

"My best friends' little brother. I class him as my brother also." She smiled at me and I bent down to read a little of their conversation.

This is what I read.

Andy rocks!:Oh aye Laura, who's the guy on the desk beside you?
lil_IRONMAIDEN_fan: That, Andrew Hathaway, is my cousin Gerard Authur Way. : )
Andy rocks!: Since when did you have a cousin named Gerard?
lil_IRONMAIDEN_fan: Since aunt Donna and uncle Donald adopted him and Mikey a few months ago.
Andy rocks!: Fair enough. Charlotte thinks he's hott! ;-)
lil_IRONMAIDEN_fan: :-O but...but...but...she's marrying me!
Andy rocks!: lol. I know. Terrible isn't she lol. Anyway, I gotta go. Duddley needs walking, Liz wont take him, and Chaz refuses since she took him earlier.
lil_IRONMAIDEN_fan: lol oh the joy of having older sisters who are twins ey? Lol. Yeah I gotta go too. Gotta take Gerard for a walk. Mikey wont take him lol. Adios lil bro!
Andy rocks!: Lol. Bet he LOVES you. lol c ya.

ANDY ROCKS! HAS SIGNED OFF.

Loz signed off too and was greeted back into the real world with been pushed off her chair by me. We both laughed before taking seperate showers and slipping into our jammies. Even though it was only 3 PM, but jammies are comfier than tight jeans and shirts. I yawned. I walked into the door while my eyes were closed. I bounced off and fell down the stairs. It hurt. Loz laughed. Everyone was out. I was okay though. I followed Loz into the lounge and curled up with her and the dog just as Jaws was starting.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOWEY!!!! This story is now 6 STAR! im so happy lol. 215 comments! You guys really are awesome and I love you all! -gives all commenters skittles and cookies- All characters are real without name changes too. Comments? lol.