Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Hello. Would You Like To Convert To Satanism?

I curled up tighter and hugged the cushion to my chest. My hands were shaking and my eyes were wide. Loz was perched on the edge of the couch, looking mezmorized by the bloody gore on the T.V screen. I screamed out as a head emerged from a hole in the boat, snapping Loz from her trance and making her jump too. She laughed at me and leaned back so she was resting against me. All the better for me so I could hide behind her if I got scared again. Maisy the dog was fast asleep in the arm chair. I jumped as the huge great white shark attacked the divers cage and again when I heard a high pitched scream. I looked at Loz. She looked at me. Then we laughed when we looked to the door. Mikey was clinging to the door frame white as a sheet. He even had his baby blanket in his arms. He hurried to the couch we were on and laid across our legs with his head on the arm of the couch by me.

All through the film I was shaking and cowering at parts, but Loz and Mikey, who was terrified of sharks, were enthrawled. After the movie, we ordered a pizza. Eating quickly before anyone got back.

"Sigh. I bored. What shall we do?" Loz asked from her upside down position on the sofa. That's another thing I'v become acustomed to here. I'v started using english words like Tap, sofa and pound. English money is pretty easy to use.

"Knock-a-door-run?" I suggested.

*LOZ'S POINT OF VIEW*

"Knock-a-door-run?" Gerard spoke up, watching Mikey twirling round and round infront of the mirror. I thought back to the last time I had played that. Me, Tee, My ex boyfriend Sam and a friend called nathan had ran sacked the streets, banging on the doors and running away, occasionally having a neighbour chase us, but not been able to identify us through our hoodie tops and baggy jeans. I remember knocking on our next door neighbours door for the third time during that game. The man was hiding behind the door as he chased us litterally into my house and pinned Sam to the door by his neck threatening to get his adult son to kill us all. That was the most amusing and exciting game we ever played in our block. Sam wasn't allowed to my place for a month. I agreed to Gerard's game and we rushed upstairs to change into some actual clothes since we were in our jammies.

Meeting Mikey in the front garden, we stayed out until dark, which only ment about half an hours wait before taking to the streets and a few blocks over. We waited till the street was clear before going up a random driveway and to the front door.

"You knock." Gerard told Mikey.

"No way! You." I rolled my eyes.

"I'll knock." I had better ideas. The man, around 45 answered the door and looked at me questioningly. Gerard and Mikey had run and hid behind his garden wall.

"Yeah?" The man asked, very polite. Not! He took in my black shirt and torn jeans and black hair with red tints here and there.

"Hello. My name is Satan JR. My dad was wondering, would you be interested in converting to satanism?" I asked with a very confident tone of voice. I smiled at the man as the semi tanned colour drained from his face to be a murderous red.

"YOUNG LADY, WE ARE HUMBLE CATHOLICS! WE DON'T WANT YOUR EVIL, POSSESSED TYPE AROUND HERE." I smiled simply at him. Gerard then took in. We had, infact, planned this upstairs.

"Then, let satan forgive your souls when your time comes. Drawn to an after life of torture and betrayal from all you love." Gerard was saying, in a powerful, scary sounding, husky voice, while I mouthed along making it look as though it was me. I then turned on my heel and swept down his driveway, his nervous expression clear on his face as his shaky hands closed his door. I burst out laughing and hi fived Gerard as we turned the corner. We repeated that act for the whole street, laughing when a teenage boy around our age told us he had already converted. He was pretty cool, I'd seen him around school before too. The other neighbours didn't take it too well, especially when we knocked on the local priest's house on the church's grounds. What we were saying wasn't true. I was baptised Catholic and my first holy communion was great, but I had a nack for pissing people off and used that for fun. My school bus driver had taught me great some backs and jokes to defend myself and/or use against people. He had taught me to twist people's words for my own advantage. And it worked, unless I used it against him or his brother Scotty Boy as I called him. Drew was great, but he had been promoted so we wouldn't have him for much longer.

Mikey thought what we did that night was ace, but slightly cruel. Not as cruel as the pranks we played on him. We jogged along the graveyard on the run from a neighbour who was chasing us, when Gerard pulled me behind a grave marker and hid from Mikey, so he thought he was alone in the grave yard. A mist started to sweep around the ground. The silvery air swirling around us. I heard Mikey's scared call. I suddenly felt sorry for hi but Gerard kept a tight grip on my arm. His frightened wimper heightened the guilt. We decided to make ourselves known, but in a scary way. We pulled our hoods up and strutted, just like the chavs that frightened my little cousin everytime they spat a cruel word at him or us. We stalked up behind him, slowly, silently, and pounced. We both jumped at him. He screamed as we tackled him to the ground. He cussed us when he realised who we were. I held out my hands and pulled both Gerard and Mikey up, both now laughing. I pulled my mobile phone from my pocket as it beeped joyfully. I read the text that had come through from Carl.

"Hey mongy. Mum, Donna and Donald are staying at a B&B tonight. Me and Ryan will be home about 3 AM cause Ryan is taking me out for my 18th. C ya tomoz!" I closed my phone. CRASH OUT!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. I'm going out of town for a few days so their wont be any updates until monday. So I would LOVE to come home to at least...5 comments? Can you guys do that? Love you all! Adios!