Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Even Better

"Skittles."

"M&Ms."

"Mars Bar."

"Ice cream."

"Pirates." I sat up and stared at Rachael like she had just grown a new eye.

"You eat pirates?" I asked in confusion/shock.

"It's been known to happen." She winked playfully at me and made me laugh. Ellie lay asleep in her stroller, cooing and gurgling every so often in her sleep. I crawled over to Rachael and sat on her. I ran my fingers up and down her sides, tickling her. I loved making her laugh. Her pearly whites shining. I finally stopped to let her breath, that's when she noticed the smell.

"Gerard? Have you been drinking and *sniff* smoking?" I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. I nodded slowly. I hated lying to my best friend, so I didn't do it. She sighed and shook her head, filling me with shame, which I knew were her intentions. I though she was gonna yell or something, but she surprised me.

"Gerard, I...er... wanna kiss you. But I dunno if I can." She looked up at me blankly. And without my say so, my body bent forward and my lips pressed against hers. She giggles against my lips making me smile too. I pushed my body forward until she was laid on the ground with me leaning over her, our lips still connected. I pulled away and sat back up, pulling her with me.

"Where's Mikey?" She asked, both of us moving back to our original possitions. I shrugged and got up when Ellie May started with that pathetic little cry babies do when they want attention. I cradled her in my arms and rocked her back to sleep, staying stood up.

"You'd make a good daddy." Rachael smiled and stood by my side, allowing me to wrap my arm around her shoulders while cradling the little baby in the other.

"Thanks sugar. You'd make a great mom." I smiled and handed Ellie to her. I watched her sleep when I wrapped my arms around Rachael's waist from behind and rested my chin on her shoulder. I had to go back soon. I'v been gone over three hours and I only told Helena I'd only be gone an hour or so. I tucked Ellie back into her stroller and asked rachael if she'd like to go back with me, which she accepted to.

*TIME ELAPSE (Frank's POV)*
------------------------------------------------------------

I wandered the cold and dark streets of New Jersey. I shivered and wrapped my arms tighter around myself for extra warmth. It was warm when I set out, but the dark was cold, since there was no sun to warm me. And no embrace of Gerard Carter to take my mind off the cold and everything else. I sighed and twisted Guardian's leash tighter round my wrist, though she walked at my pace and right at my side. She was now much bigger and fully grown, even though she still did have her puppy face and soft puppy fur. That's usually the thing that goes first, but Guardian never lost it. I sniffled from the cold and she looked up at me. Awww, she thought I was crying. I petted her head and continued to walk. I noticed the ally that was a short cut back to my street and decided to cut through it. I was never really scared in Jersey, but tonight, I had every right to be terrified. I felt my dogs leash get snatched from my grasp, but before I could turn around to see, Guardian bit me! I fell to the ground in pain, narrowly avoiding a gun shot. I stared around in the dark. My dog just saved me, AGAIN! I felt her cold wet nose press against my hand and let me know she was still here, but we were still in danger. A rough grip wrapped around my upper arms and dragged me to my feet.Guardian barked madly as my shirt was torn from me. The same rough fingers ran across my stomach. I panicked and tried to kick out, but I was pinned in place against the wall. A gloved hand covered my mouth so my screams for help were muffled.

"It's not him! It's the boyfriend!" A cold and rough male voice called. I tried screaming again.

"How can you tell?" Another voice, just as cold and cruel as the other. The other voice was from where Guardian was, so whoever she was struggling against had spoked out.

"No scar. And their too short. It's that Frank kid." I wimpered helplessly. A tall, strong looking man stepped out of the shadows dragging my baby girl with him. The street lamp light showed his face. It was cold and unloving. A slight stubbled, and the double of Gerard. His dad! An evil smirk spread over his lips and he flicked a marlboro red cigerette onto the ground at my feet.

"Even better."
♠ ♠ ♠
Crap I know, but all filler no killer. comment?