Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Random

"Gerard? Why were you drinking anyway?" I looked over at Rachael's innocent eyes, silently begging to be answered. It was stupid, and I guess it just made me evil to repeat past actions. I drowned another gulp of apple cider and licked my lips.

"If you could either be with someone you love, and risk them getting hurt, or break their heart to keep them safe, what you you choose to do?" She considered my question while studying my face carefully.

"I really don't know Gerard. I'd probably go for keeping them safe. Why? What's the matter GeeBee?"

"It's Frankie. He has to go to that court thing with me, and Bert will get a maximum of five months since the only thing he did was lure me there. After that, Frankie will be a main target for him, then Evan, my dad's pal, then my dad. Frankie's gonna be in serious danger. But once me and him are apart, and dad knows it, he'll be safe. But it will kill Frankie, but maybe if I explain why."

"Well Gerard, I think it's for the best. If your sure it will keep him safe, and your dad and the others will leave him be, then it's best that you leave him. I'm sorry, that sounds harsh, but it's what's best right?"

She had a good point. I wanted to keep Frankie safe, but I didn't want him to go through the same thing.

"Help me break it to him. Come with me?"

"Okay. When you gonna do it?"

"Right before going to court."

"That's in a week. You gotta take him somewhere quite. How about the woods in the park?"

"Yeah. He likes it there. You think we'll stay friends?"

"No. You've done this before, it will kill him, you can't expect friendship."

I sighed and twiddled my thumbs. So loose Frankie forever to keep him safe, or stay with him and risk him getting hurt.

"I think it's best to do it now."

"You sure?"

"No."

"Well don't do it yet then. Wait till you've planned out what your gonna say ect. Kay?"

"Okay."

"Is that why you were drinking? Cause you were so confused and frustrated?"

"Yeah. It was either that or throw myself from the window."

"GERARD!"

"What? It's only honesty."

"Liar."

"If you wanted honesty, that's all you had to say."

She hit my arm playfully just as Mikey entered my room gingerly.

"Urm, Gerard, theres some guys here...to urm...see you."

I furrowed my brow in confusion. Who the hell would want to see me? I took Rachael's hand and led her downstairs. I let her wander into the kitchen while I answered the door. Four grinning, soaking wet faces greeted me. Billy-Joe, Tre, Mike and Cody, all stood drenched and grinning. Billy's black hair stuck out at all angles suiting him very well. Mikes blonde hair was matted down, looking a little silly and Tre's was still stood up, he obviously used a lot of gel. Cody just looked like a drown cat.

"You guys coming out? Were bored?"

"You look it."

"It was awesome Geetard! We got chased by the cops for de kegging old people and we had to dive in the lake at the park to avoid them!"

"The one where they found the body?"

"Yeah. The kid lost his shoe. Anyway. You coming out or not?"
♠ ♠ ♠
No inspiration what so freaking ever! Comments for help please?