Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Chicken

The bushes rustled around us as we watched our poor, unsuspecting victim coming closer, and closer, and closer. We heard his soft whistling of an Iron Maiden song as he walked past the outskirts of the woods, where we were all hiding. All of us were crouched down, hiding in the trees of the dense woods. Billy and Cody kept glancing at each other and grinning. Tre and Mike were constantly teasing them by pretending to gag, but now, we had to stay quite if this was gonna work. He crawled along in the soft dirt, the grass tickling our bare arms and forelegs, since we were all in knee high shorts and T-shirts. My black chuck Taylors scraped alone the ground as we crawled after the man. He looked like a college or a university student or something. His brown messenger bag hung to his hips and his ipod earplugs were on full blast, since we could hear 'Hallowed Be Thy Name' from here.

We waited till he turned down the dirt trail that led through the wood to the streets. That was when I pounced. I dived out of the bushes and wrestled him to the ground. I pulled his ipod from him, and kept my legs over his stomach so he couldn't get up.

"Who do you work for!?" I yelled, slapping his cheek like a women in a pansy. His glasses, that were not unlike Mikey's, slid off his face so he couldn't see me clearly, which I suppose was for the better.

"I don't know what your talking about. I go to the university across the street. Please don't hurt me! You can have the ipod." I wound the wires around the little device and pushed it into my pocket. I slapped him again before standing up and diving back into the bushes. Mikey looked pissed, Rachael WAS pissed, everyone else was pissing themselves laughing. Billie high fived me while still struggling to breath.

"Dude, that was fucking awesome!" I watched after the young guy, who was running a mile away from this area. Everyone here was wearing identical outfits so we couldn't be told one from the other too easily. I flicked through the songs on the guys, now my, ipod and nodded in satisfaction. There was a pretty good haul on here. He even had some song videos. Rachael kept throwing dirty looks our way and it made me feel bad.

"Rach, Come with me." She sighed and followed as I crawled further into the trees, out of earshot of the other guys and Cody.

"What's up sugar?"

"What do you think is up? You just mugged some innocent guy. And you did it like a pro too."

"That's cause I AM a pro. I'v been doing this a year, since we escaped from home. Mugging people and stealing from shops was how we survived. That guy lost his ipod, not his life. Chill out."

"Fucking chill out!? I just found out my best friends a fucking theif! And you expect me to calm down!? Bite me!" She stood up and marched out of the trees. If she wasn't willing to have fun, fine, sod her...but she was my best friend. I couldn't leave her. She could get blames for this since we were in the same outfits, that Billie had lent us. How do girls do this to me.

"Rachael!" I yelled, running after her. She flipped me off and kept walking. I grabbed her arm when I reached her, forcing her to face me.

"I'm sorry Rach. It was a truth or dare game. I wouldn't just mug any random person.I know that's no excuse, but it's the best I have." She laughed and shook her head.

"That was the lamest excuse ever, but it makes you cute."

"Urn thanks." I grin and hug her. She was pretty easy to get around. Billie and the others came charging out of the trees, yelling something about not wanting to be american idiots. Sorry guys, too late. Cody and Billie had their fingers laced together as they all screeched to a halt infront of me and Rachael.

"Come on. You boring bastereds are missing the fun. You coming to play chicken?"

"What the fuck is Chicken?"

"It's a game where you stand in the road and you don't move until the car is about to hit you. You have to jump out infront of it though or it will stop before it gets close to you. You guys playing?" Rachael shook her head, but I thought it sounded fun.

"Sure!" We all walked through the park, the sun gleaming down on us, a soft, warm breeze blowing our hair, the four of us who had wet hair now dry. People in the park called their kids to play closer as our group made our way across. I guess the majoriy of us did look pretty imtimidating. Hehe.

*TIME ELAPSE*
------------------------------------

"Gerard Run!" Mike screamed as the car was just about a meter from hitting me. I pulled a face at the driver before bolting to the other side of the road, the car screeching to a halt and the driver getting out. Shit. The guys and girls ran, but I stood my ground. I couldn't run if I wanted to, I was frozen to the spot.

"What the fuck do you think your doing! If you think you can do that again, you can kiss my tanned ass-"

"Kyle! Don't. Gerard have you lost your mind babe?" I looked past this big fuck off bastered to see Loz shaking her head at me.

"Loz! What the hell you doing here cuz?"

"Came to meet Kyle over here. Knew you lived near by so we thought we'd drive round and find you. Though I never planned to be running you over honey."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and Crap. Still..comment please! xoxo I love you all?