Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Goodbye

I lent against the counter, both of us only in boxers, jeans and converse. I had my shirt slung over my shoulder and a cigerette between my lips. Frankie had his head down on the table, his breathing irregular due to recent crying.

"How could you do this to me again. You lead me on like that then just call it off? What do you take me for Gerard?" I took a calm drag and let the toxic fumes out through the open window. I knew I was doing this to protect Frankie, but how could I get him to understand that.

"Can't you see I'm trying to protect you. While were together my dad and his guys will always be after you, trying to get to me through you cause they know I love you, which I do. Frankie can't you see babe?" He sniffled and wiped away a tear that escaped from his beautiful eyes. He was breathing deeply, trying to contain himself. If he blew at me, I would let him. If he hit me, i'd take the hit without retaliating. Now was his chance to take all his anger and sadness and pain out on me, and I told him this as I waited for the blows to come, but they never did. He just remained at the table, searching my eyes for any emotion. I refused to show anything but honesty through my eyes at this small boy before me.

"I'm not going to hit you. I'm not going to yell at you. I just wanna know why you got back with me in the first place if you were just going to break up with me again?"

"I thought my dad and the guys would be put away a lot longer than expected. The longest is three years, and that's my dad. Bert will only get about three months cause he didn't really do anything. Frankie, I don't wanna see you hurt again." He nodded slowly and sighed. His hands were shaking as he lit a cig.

"How will your dad know weather or not were still together?"

"I have the court case in a few days. The judge will rabbit about killing a loving relationship and crap like that. But Frankie promise me you wont to the extreames you did that you did last time."

"I promise. Last time you just left without an explanation, but this time you've explained why and your still here. This is better than last time. But were going to stay friends right?" I grinned at him. That's exactly what I wanted. Dad never knew who my friends were, but he only ever went for the person I was dating at the time. I died out my Marlboro Red and walked slowly towards Frankie. He watched me blankly and accepted the hand I held out to him. I pulled him up gently and pulled him towards me. I wrapped my arms around his small waist and he did the same. His lips brushed my shoulder gently before he sighed.

"Stay in touch Gerard."

"You too, Frank." I smiled and drew away. I pulled my shirt back on as I headed towards the door. He watched me out and closefd the door after me. I heard scraping on the otherside so he had slid down to the floor. He always seemed to do this if he wanted to calm down a little. But it was good. It ment he was sticking to his word and not about to end up in hospital like last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?