Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Blood And Tears

"...I'm sleepwalking back into this...
Hell!
Oh... God..."

"Woa Gerard, that's really deep. How'd you come up with that?"

"I dunno. I was bored once during science since Rachael wasn't nearby. "

"You wrote a whole song in an hour?" I nodded and pushed the microphone back into the stand. Mikey was deep in thought.

"What's it called?" I pursed my lips and twisted my mouth. I don't think I actually had a name for the song.

"I dunno. You guys think of something." Everyone looked around Matt's garage, looking for some kind of inspiration. Ray looked like he was thinking so hard his head would explode, Matt was a little unsure and Mikey was clearly fighting with himself with weather or not to tell me.

"Come on Mike's your been totally obvious, what have you got little brother?" I walzed over to my ickle baby brother and lent on his legs since he was sat on a pile of some of Matt's many boxes. He looked at me curiously.

"Promise you wont laugh?"

"Awww come on Mike's, I promise." He sighed and shuffled a little.

"How about, Sister To Sleep. I mean, you sang that alot and it sound's pretty catchy?"

Everyone agreed quickly and Mikey seemed very pleased with himself. I wrote the lyrics down quickly and also the ones to I'm Not Okay. I hid them a a small, black, leather box that was one one of the shelves before practise was over. I literally let myself fall back onto the hard floor and stared into the light. I wonder if this band could ever go anywhere. I blew a rasberry out of bordom, or it could have been cause Matt dived on my stomach and squeezed the air out of me. Matt and I panicked when I coughed up a mouthfil of blood.

"What the..." I coughed madly again and jumped to my feet. Blood was splattering the cement floor. Mikey rubbed my back in soothing circles and led me out into the front yard, where my eyes were watering so salty tears were dripping onto the grass and the blood was staining the healthy green color. Matt and Ray followed and grinned when they saw the blood around my feet. Next doors grass was so untainted and clean, whereas the grass here was now pretty red.

"The grass is always greener on the otherside. Unless Gerard Way had been there. The it is soaked with blood and tears." Ray grinned and handed me a tissue to wipe the blood from around my mouth. I sighed and blew my hair from my eyes.

"I feel better now." My coughs were now dry and clean so the bleeding had stopped.

"What the fook was that?" Mikey asked, looking amused and concerned at the same time.

"Fuck knows. But I feel queesy. I better go home. Mikey you coming?"

"Yeah hold on. I need to get my bag from inside." I nodded and coughed up a little blood again. I bent down and rested my hands on my boney knees. My head span and thoughs and memories spun through my head. Things I had forgotten years ago. I was only partly aware of my skinny body fell to the ground. My eyes were clouding over and my head felt like I had been hit by a train. My hearing was fuzzy and the voices around me that were yelling seemed distant and far away. My eye lids were getting heavier and the world was slipping away.

I heard a soft wimper right before I slipped away.

I awoke again in the long corridor with the colored doors. The same cries of pain and abandonment echoed all around and laughter was heard distantly at the other end. I groaned groggily and dragged my body along the cold tiles on the floor. I froze and pressed against the wall.

"Geeerrraaaarrrrddd." A haunting voice called out repeatedly. It sounded like a young women who was fighting against pain rushing through her body. When you come from a background like mine, you know how to notice signs like that. I followed the calls to a pale red door. It looked like...death. I dragged my heavy body inside and gasped at the women before me.

"Mom?" Her greeny hazel eyes looked pained.

"Yeah. Hi son. How you doing?"

"Mom? You okay?" Again, her eyes got tha pained look.

"No. That's why I'm here. I'm dead. When you got the police on him, your dad took it out on me. I'm glad he did. It means there will be more time added onto his sentance and you and your little Frankie friend will be safe. Bert wont get you Gerard. He's frightened of you. Always was, always will be. He was working for your dad, seriously, it's not like he had a choice is it. He didn't want you hurt. It was you hurt or him killed. Here, take these. Show them in court to prove what he's done to me." Her battered and bruised arm held out a stack of photos to me. I flicked through a few and was almost sick. They were all of my mothers beaten, bruised and battered body. Blood was around her and their was blood smeared on the walls around her. I fliped them over and closed my eyes tightly to stop the dizzyness. When the dizzyness stopped and I opened my eyes, I was met with an unusual sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? They inspire me. *happy face*