Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Die!

Little Ellie May sat happily on my chest as she chewed her rubber keys to help with her teathing. I groaned groggily and tried to move. I wasn't sure if I did or not since my whole body was numb. I couldn't feel Ellia May's little hands and I couldn't feel the thumb rubbing the back of my hand. From my chest down was completely paralyzed. I turned my head sideways and smiled sleepily at Rachael's tear stained cheeks. As soon as she came out of her trance, she gasped and kissed my cheek.

"Gerard? Gerard are you okay?"

"I'm not sure. I can't feel anything. Where am I?" I looked around the dimly lit room. There were dim orange lights randomly dotted around the room and the table I lay on was made of metal with a white, blood stained sheet over it.

"Your in a special hospital. I think you've coughed your whole blood stream up babe." She smiled weakly and nodded to the blood bag connected to my arm. I began to panic, but I couldn't move.

"Rachael...there's a needle. Get it the FUCK out of me!" I yelled and tried to move my arm to rip it out myself.

"Don't worry. Helena put it in for you. She assured us there's no needle in there. Just a little piece of black plastic. Don't panic. Just relax." Her cold, soft hands brushed my hair out of my eyes. I took a few deep breaths and Rachael lifted the baby off me and placed her back in her stroller.

"Want me to bring your mom, dad, brother and cousin in?"

"Loz's here?"

"Yep."

"Okay send em in."

I smiled and watched her push the stroller outside before the rest of my family came in and replaced her and Ellie. My mom sat beside me and kissed my forehead. Mikey sat on her knee like a little kid, dad sat on the chair beside my mom and Loz sat on the end of my bed. Mikey felt my hand and I guess it was cold since he pulled his hand back against him chest and rubbed it.

"Honey your freezing. How are you feeling?"

"Dizzy, scared and confused. What happened to me?"

"Your apendix burst. At one point your heart stopped on the operating table. Sweetie we were so worried. You literally died for about ten minutes. Your brother had a mental breakdown and trashed the corridor, Rachael passed out and your poor little cousin had to go out for air and your dad hit one of the doctors. Everyone was so worried. They put you in this dark room so you don't over heat. I know you feel freezing but you have a terrifing temperature level. Can you move yet?" My heart raced a hundred times a second. I died? Fuck. I shook my head at my mothers question. My fingers were tingling a little but I still couldn't feel them properly.

I closed my eyes tightly to try and stop the world spinning around me. I felt sick. Then it hit me. It was as if the numbness just vanished. Agony shot through me. It was so bad I screamed out. I could move again too. My hand shot to my chest, but the pain reached to just above the hem of my boxers, which now had blood staining the top. I looked at my hand to see fresh blood dripping off my fingers onto the bed sheets. My mom began to cry.

*DONNA'S POV*

I felt so helpless. My oldest son was laying on a hospital bed bleeding badly and screaming in pain, and there was nothing I could do to help him. His face scrunched up in torturous pain as he screamed again. I squeezed his hand and tried unsuccessfully to hide my tears. My neice had gone pale and lost all color in her already pale face and she rubbed Gerard's leg comfortingly. Once the pain subsided enough, he shot a small and thankful smile at her. His eyes pleaded with me to help him, but there really was nothing that coudl be done for him. He had been cut open and had the remains of his apendix sucked out with a body hoover. He will have to be hooked up to the blood bag for a while since he lost way too much blood. His beautiful black hair was matted to his head with sweat and partly blood. He suddenly started to heave, so I grabbed the little grey cardboard bowl the doctors had provided and held it under him. He heaved again and brought up the contents of his stomach. I closed my eyes tightly just to give him a little privacy, but I think that was the last thing on his mind.

Knowing Gerard, the scar this operation would leave will be satisfactory for him. The scar will be in the shape of an arrow pointing down, right about the words "Fuck Me." If I ever got my hands on the bastered that did that to him, they would never see another living day. Mikey jumped off my knee and rushed out of the room. He returned after a few minutes with Gerard's doctor. His name was Nick Bently. And I think he was. If you get my drift. He held an ice cloth to Gerard's head once the vomiting had ceased a little and took the bowl away to replace it with a clean one. He checked all Gerard's morfine and blood levels and seemed satisfied. That was before he summoned me and Donald out of the room.

"Are you his parents?"

"Adoptive parents. Yes."

"We have some bad news." Oh shit.

"What's wrong with my son?" Donald's hands were shaking.

"Due to the amount of blood he's lost, and the fact he's still losing blood through the wounds and in his vomit, there's a chance he might not recover

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that, if the blood loss doesn't calm down in the next two days, your son will die."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?