Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

All Is Revealed

*RACHAEL'S POV*

Remember that wonderful hope I had for Gerard's life last night? Guess what! If fucked off. Gerard deteriorated terribly over night and has fallen into a coma. I've been crying buckets none stop over him. Helena tried to explain that with him been in a coma, he wasn't active so was probably going to end up losing less blood, but it meant nothing to me. It was the reason he wasn't active that fucked me up. He could be in this coma for days, weeks, months, or even years. If he lives that is. The doctor said he was going to die, and were planning on transferring him to a hospice some time today. He had twenty four hours to prove those doctors wrong and wake up, no bleeding and full of life and energy, the the chances of that happening are a million to one. Pretty soon, I would be attending my best friends funeral, willing myself to say a last goodbye before the bugs and worms got into his coffin and ate away his decaying body.

Helena had been given a few hours break last night to watch over Gerard. She had brought me up a coffee and with it, I heated my hands on the hot cup and held them against Gerard's arms. Once his arms were at a reasonable temperature, I tucked him in tightly to try and keep that temperature. Helena watched sadly, knowing that I was just trying to be the hero and stay strong. This must be hell for her, no women should out live her grandchild. She was stroking Gerard's dead looking hair out of his perfect face. I watched the peacefulness in him. His lips were chapped and faded pink and a sudden urge washed over me. I sat beside him on his bed, letting Helena have the chair and pushed my hair behind my little ears. I lent down and kissed his lips quickly. I pushed a little hair from his face and tucked it behind his ear. I just wish a cheeky grin would spread over his face and he would pull me down with him and his beautiful hazel eyes would open and sparkle with mischief like they used to. But that never came. His heart rate stayed weak, and his face stayed pale and blank. He looked serious. DEADLY serious in-fact. Helena chewed her nails in an attempt to distract her from the sad scene in front of her.

"Do you love him?" Helena asked me quietly from the corner chair. I gazed down at her grandson before looking back at her. I really think I was in love. He was all I thought about. When we were together my biggest desire was for his to just lean forward, kiss me, and tell me everything will be okay. It's been that way since we were assigned that art project. That's when I realized how much I trusted him.

"Yeah. I really think I do." She smiled weakly and took a sip of her coffee. I felt my eyes sting from salty tears. I just wish he would wake up and hug me like he used to. I sighed and whispered softly.

"I love you Gerard."

*HELENA'S POV*

I watched that young girl with my Gerard. When I was a little girl, my mother used to read me fairy tales about princesses who would fall asleep and not wake up until they were kissed by the handsome prince, and as I watched a similar story in this room, a glimmer of hope stirred inside me. Would Gerard wake up when Rachael kissed him? That little fire died pretty quick though. This was no fairy tale, this was reality. And in this reality, Gerard was dying.

The hospice he was been transfered to was especially for children, and he was been moved in about an hour. I had explained to Rachael that she could spend time with him there. As I was going back out of the room to continue my duties as Donna and Donald rushed down the hall with Mikey following behind with a card and a scruffy black, Edward Scissor hands like teddy. I wasn't too sure if they knew about their son and brother's condition.

"Mom! Is he okay?" Donna asked grabbing my arm. I looked at her worried for my grandson. Mikey hugged me, seeking reassurance. I hugged him back and stroked his soft brown hair.

"Not good. He's dying Donna. He's been transfered to a hospice in an hour or so. He's still bleeding pretty bad. Rachael is still in there with him. She's a wonderful kid don't you think?" I asked, blinking back heavy tears. Donna gasped, her hand over her mouth and her eyes swimming. Her hand fell from my arm and slammed it against the wall in a balled up fist, followed by a pained scream. Donald pulled her into him, holding her close and tight, letting her sob onto his shoulder. Mikey pulled away from me and threw the gifts to the ground. He turned on his heel and ran back down the corridor. I pushed open Gerard's door and called Rachael out.

"Mikey's ran out upset, go comfort him?" I asked her. She nodded and obediently chased after him. I let Donna and Donald into his room and went into the room next door. Room 666. The boy in there was pure evil in my opinion. Hs aunt bought him a pet hamster and brought it in for him the other day. It was only a tiny baby. She was white with a pink nose and big black eyes. The boy said it was the worng color and poured his mom's hot cup of tea on it and burnt it to death, laughing the whole time. I had to leave the room at the time to avoid crying infront of him and his family. I hadn't seen his aunt with him since.

As I opened the door, he was sat up on his bed huddled in an Abercrombi & Fitch hoodie top and playing a games console. I made him take the medication he needed and got out of there ASAP. He litterally threw the cup at me on my way out. Our own little Satan in room 666.

*MIKEY'S POV* I sat on the curb at the hospital parking lot. My eyes were dry and my face was straight. No part of my brain could register that I would lose my big brother in a matter of hours. The only part of me that grasped hold of it were my muscles. I had falled here and just didn't have the strength to pull myself back up. So here I was. Sat up on the curb staring at my hands. The soft, warm breeze pushing my hair infront of my eyes. I heard rushed foot steps behind me, and a soft, gentle hand on my shoulder, but I didn't look back. I just let her small and skinny frame sit beside me and wrap me up in a hug. That's when my sences came back, all my emotions. When I just let everything out. I sobbed onto her shoulder, holding her as tight as she was me. I ended up telling her about how things had been for the last few months, since we ran away. I told her secrets about me and Gerard that nobody else knew. Like how we were dared to kiss and some jock saw and took a picture, spreading it around school. I told her how scared I was of been alone and been an only child, with no siblings to argue and fight with. Nobody to hate and yell at, but still love them deep down.

"I'v heard so many people say they hate their brothers or sisters, even me and Gerard have said it plenty of times before. But siblings are ment to say that. They're supposed to fight and argue. But at the end of the day, they're still your brother or your sister, and you love them, and they love you. And together you will fight against the world and protect and defend each other. I'm lucky. Me and Gerard have always been close. We've always stuck together. But we've had our shit times too. Now I'm losing him. He'll be dead soon, and all I can think about is the times we could have had. Things we could do together. We could make our band number one. But now we can't. Because Gerard's apendix had a mental breakdown and decided to kill him. " I sobbed into Rachael's shoulder and hit her arm repeatedly. I was too weak to actually hurt her though and she still held me tight.

"You'll never lose your brother Mikey. He'll always be there for you. He'll always be there to protect and defend you. He will be there when your band gets a new singer and you reach the stars. He'll be there celebrating and cheering your every success. I don't have any siblings Mikey and I wish I did. When he goes, I'll be losing my best friend. I love your brother Mikey. I don't want him to leave anymore than you do. He will never leave you Mikey. He loves you." I listened to her soft voice whispering in my ear. Comforting me and trying (unsuccesfully) to calm my tears.

"You know Rach, Gerard and I were sat in the attic at our mom and dad's house a few weeks back. We were playing truth or dare. Just something to entertain ourselves since mom and dad were out. And he admitted he loved you too. He said something about an art project when we all lived at The Way and you guys kissed. He said he's loved you ever since." She froze in my arms, though she didn't let go.

"He trusts you Mikes. He tells you everything. Even after he's gone, he'll still tell you these things. He'll whisper to you at night. He'll listen to your confidences and secret dreams. He'll be there for both of us. He could love me, but I'm just another girl. Your his baby brother. You guys are too close for either of you to ever leave one another."

"Your not just another girl Rach. Your the one my brother loves. Has he ever told you about Frankie?"

"Yeah."

"Well, even though he loves him, your pretty close."

"He might LOVE me. But he's IN love with Frankie."

"I know." By now, my tears had dried and so had hers. The shoulder of her shirt was soaking wet, though she either didn't notice or didn't care. Me and her would be close after all this. I could tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Omfg! You guys have no idea how many times I deleted this chapter. I'm such a fricken idiot! Plus I'v barely been on the computer lately. I blame dad. I dont know why but I blame my daddy! Anyway. Now that I'v finally got this chappy up...Comments to tell me how stupid I am?