Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

A Final Goodbye.

*GERARD'S POV*

I stood and ran my hand through my short blond hair in slight discomfort. I was stood on a large stage where me and a band had just performed. The audience was now nothing but a mixture of fading laughter, haunting screams, and a chorus of ghostly song. The whole place was empty. There was confetti on the stage floor that had been used hours previously. Confetti was a pointless thing, Sure it looked pretty, but once it had been used once, it was just brushed away and forgotten like an old memory of your childhood years.

I remembered the pained look on Frankie's face when the crowd had urged us to kiss. In the empty hall, I heard a young girl's voice. It was Rachael's soft voice talking to me. She was whispering. I'm not sure what she said. I felt the feeling of soft lips on my own, but there was no-one there. I tried to respond my lips, but they wouldn't move. I yelled out in frustration and threw myself onto the floor. Trying to make it all go away. The voice, the haunting kiss, the silence Frank presented me whenever we were together, On stage he was a whole different person. On stage, for the joy of fans, we would kiss on stage, but they never meant anything. People would believe stories entitled Frerard, where they would write about a romance about me and Frank. Oh how I wished they were true. That Frerard existed again. I literally felt myself falling into the hard black wood of the stage and into a deep, black, abyss.

*FRANKIE'S POV*

I laid on my back on my couch. My right arm behind my head and my right scratching behind Guardian's ear as she lay, asleep on my front. My legs were across my mom's lap as she sat enthralled with the crappy soap opera on the T.V. I rolled my eyes and yawned, drifting off just as the phone rang.

"Yo yo rickety yo. This is the sexiest Ibero speaking how may I help you?" I asked in a seducing voice, my mom laughing and shaking her head at me.

"Nice intro Frankel. Might wanna make it a little more factual since it was all a load of crap." I grinned and put the cordless phone on loud speaker.

"Well you knew who it was, didn't you Ray Ray. Say hi to my mommy!" I called, trying to drown out the sound of the terrible soap's theme song. But to my dismay, Ray was singing along.

"See, Ray watches it. It can't be that bad." My mom pointed out as she turned her attention on us while the commercials were on.

"Oh, sorry Linda. I hate it too, but my mom watches the crap as well." I could tell by his voice he had a huge grin on his face.

"Oh your no help." My mom laughed and petted the sleeping Guardian.

"So what's up man?" I asked and sat myself up slightly more to reach out for a cookie my mom had baked just for us two to share.

"Did you hear about Gerard? He's in a coma in St. Jimmy's hospice."

"A hospice? Why? He's gonna be alright okay?" I sat up fully, startling Guardian and waking her up.

"No dude. His appendix burst while he was at Matt's for band the other day and his bleeding was massive, he died on the table for ten minutes but the docs saved him. But now his new family have been told he's got less than two days before he dies. I was wondering weather you wanna come down to the hospice with me in five?" I gave my mom the most pleading and desperate look ever, and she nodded.

"You can go. But Frank, prepare for the worst." I whimpered and told Ray to be at mine in five. I was rushing around throwing random clothes on and pulling my scruffiest trainers on my feet just as the doorbell rang. Ray litterally dragged me out of the house and into his mom's car. My hair was everywhere, falling everywhere. My hazel eyes were wide with extream worry. The drive seemed to take forever, but when we reached the hospice, a place where hundreds of kids died, I wish I could have had more time to prepare.

"Hey. Gerard Way?" Ray's mom asked the receptionist. A kind looking women with friendly wrinkles.

"Room 9. Just along the corridor." I had my elbows resting on the desk with my head in my hands and jumped when I felt an unfamiliar hand on my arm.

"Are you okay love?" The receptionist asked me after Ray and his mom had taken off in search for the room that wasn't far away.

"Urm... Could I just ask what condition Gerard's in please?" I asked her almost desperately. She looked sympathetic and unsure, and I knew already it was bad news.

"He's been given thirty-six hours to live. Is he a relative of yours dear?" I shook my head and blinked back the tears that threatened to fall. i thanked her politely and followed down the hall to Gerard's room. His room was an eerie silence. His lifeless and deathly pale body laid on the bed. He looked just lke he was asleep, besieds the tubes sticking into his body. he was hooked up ti an IV for liquid. He had a tube for food, and a bag full of blood beside him. I instantly jumped on the bed and crawled up next to him. I let my fingers caress his cheek. I was shocket at how cold his skin was. His once beautiful, shiny and soft hair was now a tangle of uncared for dullness. His chest was rising and falling steadily, the only sign he was actually still alive.

"Hey Gerard. How are you doing baby? I love you Gerard, please don't leave us. Come on beautiful, open your eyes, smile at me, tell me you love me then give me a hug that makes it all go away. Come on Gee babe, wake up...please? They say that if your in a coma, you can still hear. Can you hear me? Squeeze my hand if you can hear me baby." I held onto his hand, concentrating hard on getting a responce. None came. I sighed and borrowed a hair brush from Ray's mom. I smiled sadly and ran it gently through Gerard's hair, taming the front and sides. Though it looked tones better after I had finished. But I tussled it back up again within the next few minutes. Gerard hated his hair neat.

Just watching his lifeless form was too much for me. I lay beside him and burried my head into the crook of my neck and everyone who was there (Rachael, Mikey, Ray and Ray's mom) left the room. I was thankful for that, I knew I couldn't let them see me cry. I had to stay strong. I decided I didn't wanna see Gerard after this. If he was gonna die in less than two days, I;d say my goodbye now and get it over with. I lent on my elbow and kissed his dead looking lips gently. I wanted a reaction. I wanted to wrap his arms around me. I silpped my tongue into his cold mouth and gently massaged his tongue. Begging him to wake up. he never did though. I sighed and kissed his lips softly once more before leaving the room. I stopped at the door, my hand on the knob. I turned back to him, tears falling freely.

"I just wanna say Gerard. You mean more to me than anything and anyone. You've saved me more than once and showed me what been IN love can feel like. I really love you Gerard. Promise you wont forget me? I love you. If you don't love me, I understand. Well, goodbye baby." I smiled weakly at his pale, cold form before leaving the room and hospital, decided to just catch the bus back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
OMFG I LOVE YOU GUYS SO FRICKEN MUCH! This is now a 9 star story! I sooo wanna make it ten and I'll be even happier than I am now (if that's possible since I'v had the coolest day ever). I love you guys sooo much. COMMENT?