Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Here To Stay.

*HELENA'S POV*

It had been thirty hours since he had gotten here. That meant he had around six hours left alive. Rachael had already said her final, tearful goodbye. Mikey reduced to even show up now. He said he didn't want to believe his brother was gone. We tried to explain that would make things harder for him, but we weren't going to force the youngster, after all, he was only twelve after all. It was Monday, May 17th and we were yet to still organize a funeral. The doctors said he could possibly wake up an hour or so before he dies. Nobody knew why, just that it was possible. Donna and Donald were sat with him now. I was back at The Way, just checking up on things. I also wanted to bring Ellie May to the hospice to see Gerard for the last time.

Duke had made a card. A huge, bright yellow card. It was simple, and didn't have any sort of message on. There was a picture of the whole family stuck on the front from Gerard's 16th birthday. Inside, all of the centers kids had signed their names, even little Ellie had printed her tiny handprint on it. And to me, that made it special. I promised to hand it to Gerard's parent's after 'it' had happened. That was when I got the call.

"Fill me in." I whispered into the reciever in fear of breaking down infront of the children. I clicked it on loudspeaker so everyone could hear Gerard's condition.

"Gerard's friends that are in the band are all here. We just wondered if you would want to come join us one last time?" I clised my eyes tightly to stop myself crying. I said I would and left Duke with the kids again, but I took Ellie with me. I sped to the hospice, way over the speed limit. So I was there in record time. His room was full of people around his own age. Rachael was sat beside his bed, holding his icy cold hands. The fluffy haired stud was sat beside him on the bed, a boy I didn't know with spiky brown hair was leaning against the wall looking ashen faced and I placed Ellie on his legs. She kept tugging at the top of his pants, crying when he wasn't responding. Donna placed a comforting hand on my shoulder and I let her cry on me. I tried my hardest to be strong bt it was just too hard.

I noticed the fluffy haired boy had a guitar with him and the spiky haired boy had a lot of bars and drums with him. The fluffy dude told him to set them up as he tuned his guitar. Me and my daughter kept hold of each other as we watched and listened to what they were up to.

"Hey Geetard. You know that lullaby you like? Lullaby and Goodnight? Weel, we learned it and learnt to play it. So, we thought we'd play it as a way of saying goodbye. It sounds better with the bass, but Mikey isn't-" We turned at the sound of someone creeping in. A shy looking Mikey stepped in holding his bass guitar.

"Sorry I'm late guys." He grinned sadly and stood with the others who clapped him on the back.

"Good to see you hear Mikes. You ready?" The fluffy kid asked the other two who nodded. He stood and strummed a haunting and beautiful tune, the drums beat giving it a kick and the bass putting soul into it.

Lullaby, and good night,
With pink roses bedight,
With lilies o'erspread,
Is my baby's sweet head.
Lay you down now, and rest,
May your slumber be blessed!
Lay you down now, and rest,
May thy slumber be blessed!

Lullaby, and good night,
You're your mother's delight,
Shining angels beside
My darling abide.
Soft and warm is your bed,
Close your eyes and rest your head.
Soft and warm is your bed,
Close your eyes and rest your head.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes.
Mother's right here beside you.
I'll protect you from harm,
You will wake in my arms.
Guardian angels are near,
So sleep on, with no fear.
Guardian angels are near,
So sleep on, with no fear.

Lullaby, and sleep tight.
Hush! My darling is sleeping,
On his sheets white as cream,
With his head full of dreams.
When the sky's bright with dawn,
He will wake in the morning.
When noontide warms the world,
He will frolic in the sun."

The fluffy haired kid sang while he played wonderfully. The hairs on our arms and the backs of our necks stood up. We all glanced at Gerard...and gasped! It was small, but his fingers deffinately were twitching. We all rushed to his side, the boys abandoning their instruments. His eyes flickered a bit, before opening and he grinned widely.

"Hey guys. That was awesome. And Rachael...I love you too. C'mere." He lifted his arms up weakly and pulled her into him. He litterally sobbed onto his shoulder. he pulled her down and kissed her, lingering a little before pulling away. She laghed tearfully and we all rushed forwards and hugged him.

"Yall miss me yeah?" He asked, grinning. Color was returning to his pale body and when we hugged him, it was evident he was much warmer. The light was back in his playful eyes.

"You have no idea!" Was chourused around the room. Gerard laughed and forced himself into a sitting possition.

"Gerard honey lay down, it'll hurt too bad." He, of course, just flipped me off and pulled Ellie into him, kissing her head softly.

"Are you here to stay?" Mikey asked. Gerard eyed him up before considering an answer.

"Yeah baby bro, I'm here to stay."
♠ ♠ ♠
Crap, I know. But Comment anyway?