Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

I Fell In Love Long Ago

I groaned and buried my head into the sheets at the bottom of my bed. I was laid on my stomach and resting on my hands on the bottom of my bed in the basement. Rachael was sat in front of me, flicking through the channels on T.V.

"Please Rachael. No more Batman." She giggled and sat happily staring at the T.V. I rolled onto my back and stared at the ceiling. I thought about everything as I dropped my arm and felt around under the bed for my bottle of whiskey. I smiled as my hand landed on the smooth glass bottle and pulled it up, opening it and taking a large swig. The liquid burned my mouth and throat. I swallowed it down and closed my eyes. The drink was my only salvation while Rachael was engrossed in Batman. Just as I lifted my arm to drink a little more, the bottle disappeared.

"Gerard!" I looked up at her with puppy dog eyes as she put my bottle out of reach.

"I though you stopped that. Please don't get drunk on me Gerard." Her child-like voice really got to me. I nodded and let her keep the bottle away from me. She crawled over and sat on my stomach. I bent my knees so she could lean back.

"If I ask you to do something, will you do it?" Rachael whispered to me, laying on top of me and wrapping her arms around my waist. I nodded and stroked her hair, smelling the strawberry shampoo of mine she used earlier.

"Call Frank and invite him over to stay." She rested her chin on my bare chest and gave me the most adorable look I'd ever seen on her. I had to 'aw' at it. I tried to think of something to argue back with, but I really did want to see Frankie again. I groaned in defeat and pulled my phone from my pocket. I flicked through looking for Frankie's number, Rachael watching me the whole time. Once I found it I pressed the little call button.

"Hello?" Shit, Frankie still thinks I'm dead.

"Hey Frankie. It's Gerard. Me and Rachael are having a girlie night in and we were wondering if you'd like to join us." It was silence on the other end, but I could hear a little but of muttering in the back ground.

"Gerard...I...I thought you were dead!"

"Nope. Come on over...please?" I begged down the phone.

"Duh! I'll be right over!" I grinned as he hung up the phone. I grinned at Rachael who was looking triumphant.

"Now we just need to get you back with him." She grinned and rolled onto the floor and over to my wardrobe. I stood up and pulled out the red shirt from yesterday that mom had obviously washed and ironed and some white jeans with a black belt. For the teenage effect, my new black converse. She sat me on the bed and gelled my hair to make is messy but styled. I glanced at the Wolverine clock beside my bed. It was 11 AM but the rest of my family had gone to bed. Since our house was quite big, we could move around and talk downstairs without being heard. Rachael pulled out china, candles and silverware and set them on the table. I grinned in amusement when she pulled out two frozen vegetarian lasagnas, popping them in the oven n a timer. She grinned and finally turned to me.

"Now, when he gets here, I'll open the door, take his coat, and lead him into the kitchen, where you will be lighting the candles. Once the timer goes off, I will serve the food and pour the apple cider into the wine glasses. There will be no lights, just the candle. You will make small talk, asking how he is and tell him how you've been. Tell him what happened at the hospital and why your not dead. I will dissappear once I've served the food to go take a shower. Got it?" I laughed and nodded. She was planning a romantic meal and a love-filled evening, and it couldn't have sounded better. She primped me up once last time before there was a soft knock on the door. She hugged me quickly.

"Go light those candles." She passed me a lighter and pushed me into the kitchen before answering the door. I heard Frankie's soft voice and the butterflies danced in my stomach, making my hand shake as I lit them. There were three candles and I had just lit the second as Rachael led him into the room. I lit the third and finally looked up. He looked gorgeous. His hair falling perfectly infront of his face, his hazel eyes sparkling in the candle light. His mouth was slightly open as he scanned the scene infront of him. Rachael cleared her throat and I clicked back into reality.

"Take a seat." I grinned at Frankie while I pulled one of the kitchen chairs out. He walked over slowly, and was about to sit down when he lurched forward and threw his arms around my neck. Mine snaked around him and held him close. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent. Tears welled in my eyes since I had missed him so much without even realising it. He pulled away, a weak smile on his face and tears swimming in his eyes, but not falling, just like I was. I smiled and drew out his chair, letting him sit down. I sat opposite him just as the timer clicked. Rachael stuck to plan and served the food and drink before making herway downstairs for a shower.

"Gerard...I...I though you had...died." Frankie whispered, taking a mouthful of lasagna.

"I almost did. The band and played Lullaby And Goodnight for me while I was still in the coma and it woke me up. The doctors expected I'd die within that hour but I never did. Left a brillian scar though." I finshed the sentance with a grin. It looked great. Fuck me and an arrow pointing down.

"Why didn't you call?"

"I didn't know you'd want me to." I glanced at him quickly before taking another mouthful. Frankie took a sip of his cider and took another bite. He closed his eyes briefly before taking another bite.

"So much for a girlie night in. More like a romantic candle lit dinner. Is there a purpose?" His soft, angelic voice whispered.

"Rachael wants us back together. She keeps bringing you up in conversation, trying to get me to talk about you. I'm dating a girl called Stacy. Sure I like her. But I don't love her. I know I love Rachael in that way. But there's only one person I've ever actually been in love with." I said, taking our now empty plates and glasses since we had both finished. Frankie stood up as I leaned against the dishwasher and took a step closer.

"Who were you [i[in
love with then Gerard?" He took another step. If I reached out, I would be able to reach him. I bit my lip and ran my eyes down his body and back up. He look another step closer to me and I could feel my heart rate increasing. Any harder and I'm sure Frankie would be able to hear it.

"You wanna know?" I whispered. He was so close now he would have heard me. He nodded and snaked his arms around my waist. I did the mirrored with my arms over his. I pressed my forehead against his.

"It was you." My lips crashed against his, fireworks exploding in my mind. The was nothing lusting about it. There were no tongue involved. Our lips moved in sync. Everything felt so right. His lips fit mine extraordinaryly well and his body pressed against mine and fit perfectly. I felt tears fall from my closed eyes and soon mix in our kiss. Frankie drew away and smiled at me, he was just as teary eyed as I was. But we were both smiling, genuinely happy. He wiped away my tears with his thumb and pecked me once more.

"I've missed you so much. Please don't leave me again Gerard I can't handle it anymore. I think I've just fallen in love with you." I let out another tear and held him close, wanting this to last forever.

"I've missed you too. And I promise, this is forever. Frankie, I fell in love with you long ago." I kissed him again and felt my heart swell to an enormous size. This boy pressed right against me was my everything. The reason I dragged myself out of bed in the morning. The boy I could see myself with in fourty years time. The boy I would never leave again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had no inspiration for this one so please excuse the crappyness of it all. Comments?