Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Heart Beat Beauty

I paced my room, Frankie was laid back on my bed watching me with an amused expression. Rachael followed me around, telling me what to say. At one point, I started to laugh, which didn't go down too well. Frankie fell back laughing which did nothing to help me. His laughed was so adorable. Rachael continued throwing instructions at me quietly. Until I could finally hit that little red button.

"Wasn't so hard now was it?" Rachael grinned and took Frankie's place as he stood and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Rachael, I just broke up with my girlfriend of a whole twenty four hours. I'm devastated." I said full of fake hurt mixed with tones of sarcasm. Frankie grinned up at me. He was so cute. His lips were just begging to be kissed. I looked back up at Rachael and tossed her cell phone back at her.

"You just did that for me." Frankie whispered, kissing my chest through the material of my shirt.

"Course I did Frankie. I'd do anything for you." He smiled and pecked my lips before hugging me again. I really loved this guy.

"Hey guys? It like...twelve. Shall we go out for dinner?" Rachael piped up while already pulling her trainers on. I nodded and grabbed my wallet once me and Frankie had pulled apart. I let Frankie wear my jacket and I climbed up and through the high basement window. I turned and pulled Rachael up, then Frankie. What? Mom didn't know Frankie stayed over last night and she wasn't gonna know.

"Gerard Arthur Way!" Well so much for that theory.

"Yes?" I called back. Maybe she hadn't seen Frank yet.

"If your going out, bring back some sugar." I sighed and agreed before following the others out of the street. Frankie stood close by my side so I laced my fingers with his.

"Where we going/? I say we go to some fast food restaurant and get fat!" Rachael yelled grinning. I glanced at us all, we were pretty thin. Frankie agreed and looked up at me.

"Okay. How about Mac Donald's?" I asked, smiling. I hadn't been to Mac Donald's since I was about five. After a fair walk, I gazed up at the big golden arches. We pushed the heavy black doors open and stood in the small Que.

"I'm paying. What do you both want?" Both started to object but I shut them up.

"Frankie, I love you so I'm paying for you. I love you too Rach and you helped me so much last night, paying is the least I could do." We all laughed and they grudgingly agreed to let me pay. They ordered their meals and I handed the money over. Since were so cool, we sat in the kiddy area. We were sitting on the tiny chairs surrounded by three year olds. Since Frankie was vegetarian, he was nibbling a veggie burger and a pack of fries. I had a box of chicken nuggets and french fries and Rachael had a Big Mac. The grease in this place was terrible. But awful fun. You could slide across the floors. We all tore up our boxes and took a few of the little kids crayons to rate them whenever they slid across the floor. Rachael soon turned into a little Simon.

"Well I'm sorry Tony, but the distance you traveled wasn't nearly as far as you did the first time. I'm gonna have to give you a six." Me and Frankie laughed and threw a fry at her. She giggled and ate them. This food was good. Well actually, it wasn't anything special, but there was something about it that made you want to eat more.

*TIME ELAPSE*
------------------------------

"Dude you gotta run faster than that if you wanna beat, the king!" I yelled, racing through the sunny park. This was quickly becoming my favorite spot in New Jersey. Rachael and Frankie were both sprinting after me. I loved running, it made me feel free, but I was quickly beaten. I first felt his arms wrap around my waist and drag me to the grass before his rough lips attacked my neck. I whimpered as he bit down before flipping me over and smirking at me.

"Hey Gee-whore. Long time no see." His rough voice hissed at me. I whimpered again as one of his hands pinned mine down and the other roamed my body. I cried out as his hands fumbled with my belt and jeans. But I was quickly assisted.

"Get the fuck of my boyfriend!" Frankie cried pushing him off me with such force it scared me. Rachael kept him pinned down while I sorted myself out and Frankie helped me to my feet. His gorgeous features smirked at me while Rachael had him pinned. Even her eyes darted around, scanning his body through his open Grey hoodie. I hugged Frankie before getting Rachael up. He, however, stayed laid on his back, hands behind his head and his knees bent.

"I missed you baby. Why'd you take off on me so suddenly?" I spat on the ground at his words. He tutted at me and smirked.

"Now that's not nice. Now come one. Be good and tell me why you left me?"

"Cause you treated me like shit." I growled and went to turn away, but he got up and rested his hand on my shoulder, causing me to spin around.

"Call me sometime babe. If you want a good fuck, you know where I live." He winked and walked away, leaving me feeling upset and discusted. Both Frankie and Rachael looked at me, visually questioning me. Frankie walked beside me, but there was no physical contact between us. Rachael stood on my other side. I think she was feeling a little protective now.

"Who was that Gee? He just attacked you out of the blue and offers you a fucking. Who was he?" Frankie asked, keeping his eyes on the black gravel of the street we were walking on.

"A, shall we say, an ex?" I said calmly, crossing the street I needed to to reach the grocery store.

"Yeah but who was he?" Rachael piped up, joining on Frank's questioning.

"That, my dear, was Pete Wentz. He's kinda bad news so I'll warn you both about him now. He may look good, but that's the only good thing about him. When we met, he was so nice, he's excellent at guitar and he used to play me little tunes or songs he'd 'written'. He'd take me out to dinner and things like that. I was only twelve when I met him. Then on my thirteenth birthday, he invited me over to his place and took me somewhere fancy to celebrate. Then on our way home, he pulled in at the cliff top at the peak of New York and raped me. I even hit him and kicked at him since I was just a boy and didn't want to do that, but he made me and I bled like hell. Just, please ignore him if he tries to talk to either of you okay?" Once I'd read out my novel to them, I pushed open the door to the store and stepped inside. Now...To find that sugar.

*FRANKIE'S POV*

I watched Gerard's face as he told us all that stuff. But he wasn't telling a story anymore. He was re living it. The horror and remembrance in his eyes hurt me to see. I loved Gerard more than anything, and I'd dated him three times, and not once had he told me that awful piece of information. It hurt me just to think he had lived through that. This teenage boy had lived an awful life so far. But things were starting to look up for him. He'd told me briefly about his real dad, he told me a little about Bert and Quinn. Now I knew about Pete. But now he has a new home, new parents. Bert, his dad, and that other guy will soon be behind bars for what they did to us, and Quinn would never hurt him now. Running into Pete was just us in the wrong place at the wrong time, I doubt that will lead to something else. I had no intention of loosing Gerard. Rachael was a very loyal friend and Mikey was close to Gerard. So things were defiantly looking up.

Ray had called me the other day and said the band had come up with new songs. My band had also been doing well. Pencey Prep had been recording a few songs. I wasn't over enthusiastic with been singer. I always paid more attention to my guitar than I did my vocals. Though Neil wasn't too pleased with that. As we walked around the store, I snaked my arm around Gerard's waist. I don't know if he knew he had actually wrapped his around my shoulders. Until he looked down and kissed my forehead. I was snapped out of a trance when he stopped dead in his tracks and spun me a little to face him. He smiled and tilted my chin a little, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I smiled and responded by tilting my head to the right. He pulled away and pecked my lips before hugging me and going back to his sugar search. I walked around with him grinning. I caught Rachael's eye at one point and both of us were grinning.

Gerard soon found the sugar and held it on his free shoulder. He took his arm from around me and grabbed three bottles of coke zero before heading to the checkout. Again, he payed for us and handed us the drinks, taking one for himself and carrying the sugar in a plastic bag slung over his arm. I lapped at my drink happily. The cold liquid slipping easily down my throat. Gerard wrapped me in his arms again as we approached his house. He pecked my lips, but that innocent peck soon deepened as his tongue licked my lip and slipped into my mouth. His tongue darted around, tasting the coke I had just drank before pulling away before his mom saw.

"Gerard? Are you ashamed of me?" I whispered, feeling slightly hurt at the fact he didn't want his mom knowing we were together.

"God no Frankie! I'm so proud of you. Why would you think that?" He asked as he pushed the door open.

"You seemed so scared of your mom knowing." I whispered as we walked through to his kitchen.

"I'm not scared of her knowing. She knows. I was just unsure if you were bothered by it." I looked at him like he had gone mad and shook my head. Gerard smiled and left the sugar on the kitchen table before pulling me into the lounge, Rachael still happily lapping up her coke behind us. Gerard fell down on the couch and I was gonna sit beside him since his mom was in the room, but he laced his thumb into my belt loop and pulled me onto his lap, snaking his arms around my waist. I instinctively wrapped mine around his neck and blushed a deep shade of red a Donna 'awed' at us. Rachael sat beside her and Donna put her arm around her.

"So how are you all?" She asked, plaiting Rachael's hair absently.

"Were all okay. Hey mom, whens the trial?" Gerard asked. Donna looked so happy for some reason.

"I love hearing you calling me mom. Sorry, anyway, urm...it's...tomorrow...Gerard." She said cautiously. I felt Gerard freeze behind me before his arms started shaking around me. I turned and kissed him softly.

"It's okay Gee. I'll be there and I wont let them hurt you again." I held him tight and let him take deep breaths into the crook of my neck.

"How come you didn't tell me?" Gerard asked Donna calmly once he'd regained a regular heartbeat and his shaking had calmed down.

"I didn't know until about an hour ago. I was pissed, sorry, annoyed that they hadn't told me sooner as well. I might just write a wordy letter. I'll let you read it after." We all chuckled when she stood up and went to actually write the letter. Rachael went with her, leaving me and Gerard alone. He laid back on the couch, forcing me to lay down with him. He stroked my hair for a while, and I was slowly falling asleep when he started to talk.

"Hey Frankie, what do you wanna be when your older?" He whispered into the silence. I had to think about it, because I honestly didn't know.

"I'm not too sure. I don't really want a real job, I want to make the band into something. It's my life-long dream to make it big you know? I once told my teacher that, but she said I couldn't because I was gay and they wouldn't let my kind into fame and fortune." I whispered, replaying the first week of high school when my teacher had broken my dreams. I felt Gerard shuffle beneath me and wrap his arms around me comfortingly.

"Don't listen to her Frankie. You can't make it big, you can make it HUGE. I know you can baby." I kissed my forehead and made me smile. I truly believed him. If Gerard said it, it had to be true. That's how gullible I was. I know I lived for unrealistic dreams, but Gerard eased the pain if they didn't come true. I sighed in contentment before returning the question.

"Me? Oh I don't know. I'd like to make our band bigger, but were not too good. I dunno. Just something to keep us out of poverty would be nice. I've applied for a job at Barnes and Nobel in the CD section you know? A shitty job I know, but the wage isn't too bad. I've applied for Mikey as well." I smiled against his chest and kissed it softly. Dream big Gerard, dream big I smiled to myself again and closed my eyes, listening to his heart beating softly in my ear. Have you ever noticed, that a heart beat is a big, ugly muscle moving inside a chest, forcing blood everywhere, but when your laid on someone you love more than anything, it's the most beautiful thing in the world? I have.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is like one of the longest chappys iv ever written for you guys lol. So I deserve a few comments right? -puppy dog eyes-. Question...What is it that makes the star rating go up?