Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Welcome To The School

"So how did someone as beautiful, funny, smart and sexy as yourself end up with a creep like him anyway?" I asked Rachael. She was pulling all of her school books into her black and pink messenger bag since she was already dressed. I pulled on my last shoe and began to sort school stuff out.

"He kinda groomed me. With the presants, poems, love notes. I've never loved him, but at one point I did have a slight crush on him. Not anymore though obviously." She put foundation over the bruises and small cuts on her face until they were covered completely. I was a little dissappointed since you could no longer see her cute little freckles that dotted over her nose. I hugged her waist from behind and kissed her cheek before setting to work on my hair. I made it to look a neat kind of messy, like always, before examining my whole reflection.

"School uniforms were not made for me." Rachael chuckled as she walked behind me with her bag. I watched her go and bit my lip. The little black skirt that were too short for my liking looked great on Rachael. And the white blouses were always tied with the girls from our school.

"Hey Rach. Come here a second." She came back and I tucked the bottom of her shirt through the collar to reveal her stomach. I bit my lip and checked her out.

"Hmmmm ver nice. Looking sexy babe." I teased and kissed her neck. She laughed and shoved me away gently, untucking her shirt.

"Awww your no fun." I winked and stayed in her room with her until she was ready to go so she wouldn't have to risk seeing Jake. We successfully made it out of the house and down the street to the bus stop just as our school bus pulled up. We made our way to the back, keeping our heads down to the ground to see the feet people stuck out to try and trip us up. People threw things at us and taunted us. I made Rachael walk right behind me so the things hit me rather than her. We reached the back and crashed onto the seats, landing with a thump. Normally, Rachael sat beside me. But today we seemed closer than usual and I pulled her onto my lap with my arms around her waist. Mikey was sitting closer to the front with a group of his friends. Most likely the only group that left us alone.

We bus had made it to three other stops, and Rachael had settled to sitting beside me before I got a great surprise. A bush of mousey brown hair made it's way forward. I jumped up and ran to Ray as he drew closer.

"Hey dude. Surprise." He grinned and stood to one side. Frankie grinned at me and threw himself into my willing arms. All around us jocks chanted 'fags' but we didn't care. I had my baby boy.

"Have you guys started this school?" I asked eagerly, leading them to the back where Rachael was waving at Frankie.

"Yep. We both told our folks you'd moved here and the ciriculam here was better and they were quick to transfer us." Frankie explained happily and sat himself comfortably in my lap, kissing my lips softly. Rachael cleared her throat to remind us we were still on the school bus full of people who would want to hurt us, so we broke away, but he stayed on my lap and I kept my arms around his waist.

The others were discussing the school shit with Rachael, but I lost interest after a while. My mind flew off transporting me back to when I was younger, when I was a little kid. Before things started fucking up.

*13 YEARS AGO*
----------------------------------
I slapped the carpet again, the feeling of teh soft material under my tiny hands tickled and made me laugh. My dad was reading the newspaper, giving my mom updates on everything important he read. My mom was sitting with my new baby brother in her lap, laughing at me. I gurgled and stood up on wobbly legs. I was a late bloomer and even though I was just turning three and learned to walk 18 months ago, I was still wobbly and unsure. I toddled over to my brother and looked at him in awe.

"Baby!" I cried and giggled in delight. My mom was always worried I would hurt him, but she knew she had to let me bond with him. I scrambled clumsily onto the couch next to them and my mom gently placed my new sibling in my waiting arms. In other words, I had my arms around him and my arms were resting on the cushions. My brother gurgled and opened his eyes for the first time. They were hazel, just like mine, but his were a darker shade and more brown than hazel. The arm that wasn't supporting his tiny, baby head moved to touch his soft hair. He whimpered and looked like he was about to cry.

"What's his name mommy?" I asked innocently. He had only been home a few hours and I still wasn't sure of his name.

"Gerard, this is your baby brother Mikey." I smiled with my tongue a little way between my teeth. The baby whimpered again and started getting fidgity. My mom was about to take him off me, but I refused.

"I can deal with him mommy. Shhh don't cry Mikey. Hi! I'm your bruffer Gerard. I'm going to look after you too Mikey." I kissed his head and watched him. He started intently up at me, him no longer fussing. My mom watched in amazment. I started to sing softly to him. His eyes soon dropped closed and my mom kissed my head and ruffled my hair.

"Your so good with him-"

"GERARD!"

*BACK TO THE PRESENT*
------------------------------------------

"Gerard? Earth to Gerard we have arrived, I repeat, we have arrived." Frankie whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek. I looked up at him and kissed his lips before unhooking my arms from around his waist and made our way off the bus. Mikey stayed on to go to his middle school. The school loomed ahead as we made our way closer to homeroom.

We sat in our usual places. Rachael was sitting carefully since it hurt her stomach when she bent over or sat down. Frankie was given a copy of my timetable as was Ray thanks to that awesome and friendy recieptionist. He was also assigned our homeroom too. He sat on my lap in homeroom too. For the whole hour, since we had PSHCE first period, Rachael teased us. So, to annoy her, I kissed him. Tongues and all. That'll teach her. I though to myself, smirking into the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?