Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

Rejection

*7 YEARS LATER*

I straightened my crimson tie and strolled into the tall building that could possibly hold my future. I was a twenty three year old man who still worked as a bagger boy in Barnes and Nobel. I had also managed to get Mikey a part time job there so he was getting some money in between his college work. I flicked my now shoulder length black hair back over my shoulder and stepped inside. I was shaking like mad and the black folder in my hand was help in a vice like grip. The black folder containing all versions of my cartoon. I hoped the company liked it.

"Hi. I'm Gerard Way and I'm here to see Oliver Lumber." I told the receptionist who just typed a load of shit into the computer.

"Yeah just take a seat through those doors and he'll be with you shortly." She smiled and pointed though a pair of huge oak doors. I thanked her politely and followed her lead. My knees were like Jelly, but I tried not to show it. After what seemed like years of waiting, Olive finally came into site. His happy, kind face smiled and shook my hand before leading me into his office.

"Well Mr. Way, have a seat, what can i do you for?" He shuck my hand over his fine, polished oak desk and sat back, looking at me expectantly.

"Well, as you know Mr. Lumber, I have drawn up a cartoon called The Breakfast Monkey, that I would like to see on cartoon network, your company sir." I smiled politely and handed him the black folder. he opened it up and looked through it.

"So, what's the meaning behind this cartoon?" He asked me, his eyes staying on my drawings.

"Well, the monkey is trying to bring breakfast to the world, trying to explain it's the most important meal of the day." The guy nodded and flicked through the drawings, nodding at them and making strange noises. God, the suspense is killing me.

"Well...I like it Mr. Way." My heart leapt, I was gonna fulfill my dream.

"But..." Oh shit.

"We currently have a cartoon out called Aqua Teen Hunger Force, your cartoon is just to similar. I'm sorry, but we can't do this." I felt every ounce of happiness drain from my body. My shoulders dropped and my eyes filled with tears, but I wasn't gonna let them fall. I nodded slowly, taking back my drawings. I felt total rejection, embarrassment, and shame over whelm me. Like I couldn't do anything right. I said thank you and goodbye before leaving. Making my way zombie like to the elevator.

Once I got out of the tall Cartoon Network building in the middle of New York, I pressed my back against the wall, slid down and cried. My knees pulled up to my chest, my head on my knees and I sobbed my heart out right in the middle of the crowded streets. Nobody came over, thanks God. I stopped my tears and rubber my ears, an annoying, high pitched sound running round in my head, but then I realised other people were doing tha same and looking round confused. I stood up and looked in the direction the noise seemed to be coming from. The sky between and beside the twin towers were clear. But there was a little black dot.

People around soon saw me looking up and followed my lead. The longer I looked, the bigged the tiny black dot got. Until...
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I bet you can all guess what's coming next, enjoy and comment please people.