Sequel: My Father, My Brother

Lullaby And Goodnight

9/11

The longer I looked, the bigged the tiny black dot got. Until...

CRASH! One of the towers went into a puff of smoke. Everything happened so quicly. People were rushing madly around, screaming. Fire fell from the explosion and to the ground. I threw myself forward, trying to cover my head from the burning embers of ash still falling. Sirens and alarms screamed in the air. I lifted my head to look up. Planes were circling the towers. I was almost sick as around fifteen bodies were falling from the highest points of the tower. A puff of red smoke bellowed out. I didn't even want to know what turned it red.

Fire engines screeched past, along with ambulances and police cars. The billowing smoke was black, bombs crash down over the buildings. I screamed when a burned body landed just a few feet infront of me. Tears soaked my cheeks as I tried to get away from the terror and horror displayed out infront of my very eyes. Pople ran around, screaming. Mostly names of people I don't know, and never will. The ground shook as another explosion took place on the second building.

Another bunch of bodies fell. In icy chill surged through my blood as a distant scream was heard, I don't think many of those bodies were yet dead. I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to see them hit the ground after their terrifying experiencing their final plunge to their death. I whimpered as the sounds around me went into a distant buzz. The sound of the bombs creating shell shock. I felt to helpless. I knew that only a few minutes away, hundreds of people were been thrown and forced into early deaths, and there was nothing I could do to help them. Pople were running away, some with spots of blood on them.

I wanted to run too, to get away as fast as possible, but then I'd never live with the guilt of knowing that there was a possibility of me saving someones life and passing that up. So I stood up and ran forwards. I jumped back though as a body of an older man. maybe in his fourties, fifties, fell infront of me. He looked aeful familier too, despite the black burn marks and blood. I couldn't do this anymore, I turned away and ran, ran as fast as my shaky, frightened legs cwould carry me. The shell shock was still ringing out in my ears, everything around me seemed to be happening in slow motion. The people running around me seemed as if they were running through water at the speed they were dragging at.

I stopped and stared at the sky infront of me. My mouth hanging open in shock and fear ripping through my body. About five fighter planed were shooting painfully slow towards me. Towards the towers. As they soared above and over my head, I turned and watched the numberous bombs that fell from the trap door beneath the plane. The top of the towers were completely errupted. One of them, the one on the right, had an enormous chunk in the side taken away. I watched the corver of the three or four ifferent offices fall, people still inside them. Falling, screaming, dying...Dead.

I shoko my head. This had to be a horrible dream. I would close my eyes tightly and when they open again, I will still be in my bed, my arms around my long term boyfriend, Frankie. Wait, Frankie...I hope he was still at home, safe, maybe making his lunch, maybe training our new puppy. I whimpered as I began running again, tears clouding my vision. I had to get home, I had to find Frankie, safe and warm. Happy and healthy. I found the parking lot I had parked my car in and fumbled with the keys. Finally opening the door. A women and a small girl were running away, the little girl was hurt and her leg was badly injured. I couldn't leave them, not when I had a car and they didn't. I called them over and opened the doors for them hurridly. I rushed them to the hospital not to far. There were already tons of ambulances and injured victims there but I just dropped them fof and raced home as fast as I could. Leaving the horror and nightmare like events behind me. The road beneath my tires shook at every bomb that fell.

I turned my car sterieo on full and blasted my CD out, coving the horrific sounds out. It was also loud since I couln't hear properly due to the shell shock anyway. I realised I had blood on my hands, I didn't know where from and it definately wasn't mine since I wasn't hurt in any physical way, so i didn't think much of it. After a new record of time getting home, I litterally crashed the car into a lamp-post, not too hard and fell out of the car door, scrambling upto my front door and forcing it open. I was crying hysterically by now as I tore through the house in search of my love. Where is he? My heart pounded and my ears were ringing as I screamed his name in every room. I finally found him in our lounge room. He was sitting on the edge of the couch, tears down his cheeks, his fists gripping the seats, and him eyes glued to the news where the attack was pictured live. He turned to face me and dived at me, covvering me with teary kisses and gripping me tightly.

"Gerard Way! I though you were dead!" He sobbed in my ear and held me harder. My eyes were glued to the T.V screen. Bombs were still falling hard and the whole place was just a mass of chaos and madness. It really was a living nightmare.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to do a little research to find out a few details about this attack, but I finally have it done. Comment please and tell me what you think?